FTA-TV The Expanse

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished watching all 4 seasons over the last few weeks.

Love the show!!

Really awesome sci-fi concepts, great story, mostly great acting. It’s thoroughly immersive too.

Can’t wait for season 5.

I find I’m starting to talk in that weird Belter language, especially to my dogs. I call them my little Belter Loaders.

3c8919a56a82740c90966b1941889a14.gif

Biggest gripe w/ the show is how rushed it became.
(first book covered one and a half seasons (10 episodes a season), season 4 was an entire book in 8 episodes).

Keen for season 5 though, trailer looks dope.
I haven't read the books but the show didn't feel rushed to me, so I guess they did that well.

The trailer looks great. Plenty of money has been spent on the show by the looks of it.

I never compare books to movies/TV, because there are some necessary things that have to be done to neatly divide things into episodes/scenes/seasons, for the sake of cohesion and flow and the spectacle. Each are different mediums that require different things to keep the reader and viewer engaged.

For example, the first Lord of the Rings movie would have been worse if they had to work Tom Bombadil into it.

As a TV series, I have no problems with its pacing. Looking forward very much to S5.

I haven't read the books but the show didn't feel rushed to me, so I guess they did that well.
I haven't read the books either (but I downloaded them and read a few sections to get a better understanding of what was happening in the show (ie: I read the chapter where Holden goes into the centre of the station).

On "being rushed", it took about 20-odd episodes for war to be declared between Earth and Mars, and then a few episodes later the President of Earth had been arrested, the war was over, the nz chick had ****ed off back to Mars, which is why I looked into the books. The second half of season 3 is a whole book from memory.

Anyway still hyped for this one.

I never compare books to movies/TV, because there are some necessary things that have to be done to neatly divide things into episodes/scenes/seasons, for the sake of cohesion and flow and the spectacle. Each are different mediums that require different things to keep the reader and viewer engaged.
That's all true. I still thought the pacing was off from the second half of season 3 (ie: from when syfi decided to cancel it). Season 4 I thought would have benefited from 10 episodes instead of 8. Minor gripe though, I still dug it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

December looking pretty good for shows. The Expanse, The Stand and Pennyworth starting up along with The Mandalorian, the Walking Deads etc which will also be on. Something to watch in our houses/prisons when Dumby Dan extends the lockdowns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back