FTA-TV The Expanse

Remove this Banner Ad

Could cut the sexual tension with a knife.

A terrific penultimate episode and I am very interested in how they decide to end this. I hope it doesn't disappoint! In my view the best sci-fi series in recent times, great acting and they don't take viewers for fools. I will be sad after this Friday but I hope it's a happy kind of sadness at an excellent finale.
I had no idea that next week is going to be the final episode of this season and therefore the final one ever.

That’s just depressing that there are only 6 episodes. That’s going to make me as teary eyed as the end of the scene with Drummer and Naomi. 😢

That. Was. Amazing.

They went all out for the finale, probably the finest battles of the series. A satisfying conclusion with a few loose ends that hopefully can result in more The Expanse (whether in TV series or movie format) if someone decides to fund it. It has been a pleasure to watch since the beginning.

I thought it was a bit Deus Ex Machina myself. Spend ages on a plan then all of a sudden why not do this and bam the battle is over. Mention it to start with as a backup plan, sure, but all of a sudden during the battle? Yeah, no.

Still, it was a satisfying ending (mostly) to a magnificent series.

I thought it was a bit Deus Ex Machina myself. Spend ages on a plan then all of a sudden why not do this and bam the battle is over. Mention it to start with as a backup plan, sure, but all of a sudden during the battle? Yeah, no.

Still, it was a satisfying ending (mostly) to a magnificent series.

I thought it summed up The Expanse well - the Roci and her crews uses smarts to get out of situations where they are outgunned and/or outnumbered. It was also a nice callback to when Holden floated the idea of telling Inaros about the ring gate transit risks but was promptly shot down by Avasarala - they didn't know it at the time but that decision led to Inaros' demise.

I completely understand where you're coming from though - might've been due to the lack of time, feels like a feature length movie would have tied things up more nicely. I dearly hope we can explore the Laconian arc to the end.

Epic final episode, had everything, highs and lows.

Shame it's the last one considering the story isn't finished, anyone know why they won't finish the story?

The Expanse has shown you can have strong female leads with good writing, not just chucking women in for the sake of it.

Drummer is boss, Bobby should of died at the rail gun breach and the madam secretary has been great all the way through.

One thing I missed and don't understand, how did they over ride Marcos reactor to overload it an kill him? Don't get it.

One thing I missed and don't understand, how did they over ride Marcos reactor to overload it an kill him? Don't get it.

It was the ice hauler the Roci shadowed to get close enough to the Ring Gate, Nagata explained that with enough of the Roci's armaments plus overloading the ice hauler's reactor that they could trigger the energy threshold of the Ring Gate for ships entering to disintegrate (Holden and Nagata discovered that feature of the Ring Gate a couple of episodes ago). They set it up so they could remotely overload the reactor from a safe distance away from Inaros' fleet - by the time Inaros discovered his fleet was being destroyed by the Ring Gate itself it was too late.

And yes, The Expanse has demonstrated that diversity for the sake of diversity is not the way to go. We had strong characters no matter their gender, sexuality or race - the key is to write them well.

Oh yeah, and did anyone else pick up on the marine names on the computer readout when they were launching their assault on the rail guns? Hicks, Hudson, Ripley, Vasquez, Gorman etc etc even an S Connor. I had to go back and pause it to have a good look. 😁

Not just Aliens and Terminator references, just about all are sci-fi names.

ZNzRuLH.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much left unanswered! But I understand why really, the Expanse is the story of the Roci and that story is now over.

That's an interesting take - I'd argue it's the story of James Holden. Isn't the first episode centred around Holden serving on the Canterbury?

Laconia spinoff please, prepared to sign whatever useless change.org petitions are needed to get it done.

That's an interesting take - I'd argue it's the story of James Holden. Isn't the first episode centred around Holden serving on the Canterbury?

Laconia spinoff please, prepared to sign whatever useless change.org petitions are needed to get it done.

Oh absolutely it could be seen as Holden's story, the point I'm trying to make clumsily is that's the Free Navy War story over so a good place to stop it for now.

Ok I have some time coming up this weekend and into summer and I need some one/s to tell me why I should watch this after seeing so many positive posts over the years

Because it is ******* sensational. Easily one of the best Sci-Fi shows ever made, IMO.

Ok I have some time coming up this weekend and into summer and I need some one/s to tell me why I should watch this after seeing so many positive posts over the years
I reckon you will like it.

I say this because nearly every show you say you like I watch it and like it, so I reckon we have similar tastes.

I reckon it’s the best sci-fi tv show I’ve ever watched.

One of the best shows of the last decade

Great storytelling, interesting character arcs and beautifully shot. Hope you enjoy it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back