Politics The Extinction Crisis

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the extinction crisis for insects limited to Australia alone?
No. But if any ecological region is under threat, it should reconsider its population growth.
Or is this a discussion about how we can save Bees in Australia... by not accepting any more refugees?
What population do you think is sustainable for Australia? 50 million? 100 million? 1 billion?

When in doubt, pivot the discussion back to your bread and butter.

If Australia is leading the world regarding biodiversity destruction through land clearing then it's not a matter of what colour someone is here. It's in them being here to increase demand on the land.

That someone might come from a place where their carbon footprint is tiny to Australia where it will explode up to our per capita level is an argument not for less immigration, but less Australians in general and that starts with less immigrants.

We are ecologically insignificant on the planet except when it comes to the dirt under our own feet. The CO2 saved by us going totally renewable or nuclear is exceeded by the increase in China year on year. Our best bet is to invent the solution and sell it to them

****s sake, the Greens want to double the number of Asylum seekers to 50,000. Does that sound like 'open borders' to you?

You are a mod and cant even beat the swear filter. Poor.

Regardless you are hopelessly wrong. The Greens want all asylum seekers processed in Australia and are against mandatory detention.

That doesn't sound like open borders that is a policy of open borders for illegal immigrants.

Man, this thread delivers.

You are singlehandedly destroying it.

Reads like two separate arguments going on at the same time.

Surely one can see that increasing local population leads to more of our natural environment being destroyed as cities expand outward.

Yes, people will have a carbon footprint regardless of where they live. Does living in a first world country see carbon output/person higher, lower or similar than living in an un(der)developed 3rd world country? If so then what happens when a person migrates from the 3rd to the 1st world? Does the amount of carbon output attributed to them stay the same, increase or decrease?

Repeat all you want. You're wrong.
Your moral superiority has now entirely consumed you. It has become gluttonous beyond calculation. How you managed to twist this thread into racial question is beyond comprehension?

You do know the immigrant countries of origin are kept in abject poverty, war, and tyranny by our very own western big companies with the aid of the USA and other governments including our own government? So in supporting immigration - you support the continuation of this global pillaging and human misery.

But let's be honest, before it becomes fashionable did you give a rats about coloured people? Say 20-30 years ago. It is a stupid distraction. that only someone still possessed by unconscious racial hate could sustain as you do.

The role you play merely feeds the continuation of this cycle of destroying countries.

You have found a drum that you enjoy beating repeatedly to score cheap points amongst the fashionably impotent.

Those people dont magically cease to exist, eat, consume and pollute just because they're overseas, or on the other side of a dotted line drawn on a map.

Well actually they do. Who would consume more: someone living in poverty in the third world or the same person after they have migrated to somewhere like Australia?

Doesnt take a genius to work that out.

So for the record, repudiate ethnic nationalism for me.

Bringing anti semitism in to the thread. Poor form.

Lol. OK *******, explain the following (from this thread):

Whats the inference there? That he doesnt believe in man made climate change.

Before you answer, consider his earlier views on the topic (in a different thread):

But go ahead and obfuscate or backpedal again.

Thanks I don't think man made climate change is anywhere near the issue that it's made out to be.

But that's not what I'm talking about anyway, I specifically didn't go into climate change because believe in climate change or not animal extinction is a real issue, Australia's extinction issues are more related to the issues I outlined issues which with population increase will be exacerbated but you have a stick up your rear about climate change it's the only issue the cause of all ills in this world according to you.

You reckon when Australia is 100m people and the climate has been fixed all those ecosystems will be in great nick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wrote an email reply to Andrew Beaton and informed him that I was in favor of the extinction crisis.

The evolution of this thread further reinforces my stance.

I laughed.

I'm not kidding. I actually sent the reply. I even asked him if he wanted to donate in support of the extinction crisis.

You have me convinced.

We need to ban immigration. For climate change.

Right everyone. Back to the coal mines.
Why you always bitter?

no combination of opinions will make you any better than the next person - none.
No amount of moral grand standing -

you either have some useful skills or you don’t - and nothing in you posts points to any usefulness whatsoever.

Surely, (I’m not calling you Surely) you learnt something in the army other than that they might be a tad bigoted?

Something useful? Anything?

The extinction crisis in Australia is not being caused by human immigration :rolleyes:
The extinction crisis in Australia is being caused by introduced pests:
Introducing (Not in any particular order of awfulness):
The Domestic Cat
The Fox
The Cane Toad
The Rabbit
The Domestic Dog
The Camel
The Goat
The Water Buffalo
European Carp
and many many others.

The extinction crisis has been happening in Australia for many decades. However, it is only now that we are realising the scope of the problem and the half-arsed attempts by succesive governments to deal with it.

The extinction crisis in Australia is not being caused by human immigration :rolleyes:
The extinction crisis in Australia is being caused by introduced pests:
Introducing (Not in any particular order of awfulness):
The Domestic Cat
The Fox
The Cane Toad
The Rabbit
The Domestic Dog
The Camel
The Goat
The Water Buffalo
European Carp
and many many others.

The extinction crisis has been happening in Australia for many decades. However, it is only now that we are realising the scope of the problem and the half-arsed attempts by succesive governments to deal with it.

Surely you must know by now that archaic disciplines such as biology have no place on this board?

Why don't you toddle off and find some nice sociology papers?

From memory the report that spurred on that rally from the greens was talking about losing biodiversity through land clearing. Most of our livable areas get bulldozed for homes or cleared for farming.

I'd argue the largest impact introduced species is either sheep or cattle.

We need to ban immigration. For climate change.
I'm not sure anyone is arguing that. Seems like a stubborness to not let go of some imaginary point on your part.

From memory the report that spurred on that rally from the greens was talking about losing biodiversity through land clearing. Most of our livable areas get bulldozed for homes or cleared for farming.

I'd argue the largest impact introduced species is either sheep or cattle.
and why do we clear more land? To accommodate and feed more people. So if we slow the rate of population growth we won't need to clear land at current rates.

Pity we seem to seel our farming land to overseas interests.

*think

We all agree humans are a strain on mother nature and its ecosystems.

And how do lefties propose we fix the problem? Ship more people in.

Idiots. Dumb dumbs.
You get that increasing migration doesn't increase global population right? Environmental issues are global problems not just australia problems. In fact they are bigger problems overseas then here.

And mining 500 million metric tons of coal each year (100 million tons we burn each year) is... *what* for Australias ecosystem?

Just to get you started, the burning of coal for electricity produces 29% of Australia's total greenhouse gas emissions, based on 2013-2014 Clean Energy Regulator data.

Save your crocodile tears for someone more a tad more gullible thanks.
0.04% of all gases in the atmosphere. What a powerful driver it must be. Sensible people don’t believe in man made climate change. That is why it was changed from global warming to climate change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back