Politics The Extinction Crisis

Nations providing Australia with permanent migrants in 2014-2015 were India and China.

2011 CO2 per capita numbers for Australia is 16.5t

Indians moving here are nearly 10x their per capita emissions back in India (1.7t)
Chinese people moving here more than double their emissions per capita from back in China (7.2t)

It highlights that as those two nations, particularly India have their population enjoy lifestyles closer to the west the less relevant Australia becomes globally.

India living like Australia, which they deserve to just as much as anyone else so there's no fault directed anywhere, multiplies their emissions by an order of magnitude - that takes them to more than twice China who is more than twice the next largest emitter.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
The solution to the population crisis: less rooting. I'm running in the next federal election with this measure as part of my platform. I expect considerable support. I might need it. An idea whose time has come.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
The solution to the population crisis: less rooting. I'm running in the next federal election with this measure as part of my platform. I expect considerable support. I might need it. An idea whose time has come.
That will in all likely hood lead to an increase in masturbation rates. Can you be sent to Hell for that?

AbrahamS

Team Captain
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
You get that increasing migration doesn't increase global population right? Environmental issues are global problems not just australia problems. In fact they are bigger problems overseas then here.
You get that ET's point was around local ecosystems being damaged and not climate change, right? Hence the "More people in = more damage" argument.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
You get that ET's point was around local ecosystems being damaged and not climate change, right? Hence the "More people in = more damage" argument.
Thats an argument I expect from an irrational Greenie. People are more important then insignificant local environment issues. Cities are more beautiful then scrubland and endless bush. Destroy the scrubland.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Nations providing Australia with permanent migrants in 2014-2015 were India and China.

2011 CO2 per capita numbers for Australia is 16.5t

Indians moving here are nearly 10x their per capita emissions back in India (1.7t)
Chinese people moving here more than double their emissions per capita from back in China (7.2t)

It highlights that as those two nations, particularly India have their population enjoy lifestyles closer to the west the less relevant Australia becomes globally.

India living like Australia, which they deserve to just as much as anyone else so there's no fault directed anywhere, multiplies their emissions by an order of magnitude - that takes them to more than twice China who is more than twice the next largest emitter.
So you are using a greenie argument that we should make people poorer just so they dont produce emissions. Is that what you want? We should just ban people from using cars and having nice houses and using power to heat their homes just so they have less emissions?

So you are using a greenie argument that we should make people poorer just so they dont produce emissions. Is that what you want? We should just ban people from using cars and having nice houses and using power to heat their homes just so they have less emissions?

Replies that start with "So you.." usually end up tumbling down the rabbit hole.

I was highlighting that if everyone lived like Australians (and other westerners) do we would have a much bigger problem so someone moving here does represent an increase in greenhouse by the numbers than if they stayed where they are.

I actually think more technology is the answer, not "austerity" with what we currently have. That's the solution of the person worried the world will collapse in their lifetime and wants to push it back enough that it's someone else's problem.

I think we should drive, watch big tvs, whatever we want. Develop a technological solution that cuts out the CO2 emissions from power generation that isn't called nuclear power, because that is tarnished even though it would save the planet.

I believe if I invented fusion it would be banned because it's atomic energy and people are scared.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

There's no need for extremism now skilts.:thumbsdown:

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thats an argument I expect from an irrational Greenie. People are more important then insignificant local environment issues. Cities are more beautiful then scrubland and endless bush. Destroy the scrubland.
What do you mean by “scrubland”?

Should the Royal National Park in Sydney be bulldozed for people? What about the Blue Mountains National Park? Bulldoze it all for people?

No it doesnt reduce pollution. Those people just pollute and consume elsewhere.

In fact Australia has an advanced recycling and waste management system for a developed OED nation. They're probably less of a burden here than they would be elsewhere.

Developed nations also have lower birth rates so it's also a win win for future generations of the planet.

Australia has the worst extinction problem on the planet. The migrants that come here tend to go into the big cities and on the fringes out into habitat.

It is a fair point imo.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
What do you mean by “scrubland”?

Should the Royal National Park in Sydney be bulldozed for people? What about the Blue Mountains National Park? Bulldoze it all for people?
I said scrub land not national parks that attract tourists. How much land do you guys think migrants need by the way? They arent living on 500 acre properties.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No its not.

Moving 300,000 people from overseas to Australia doesn't change the rate at which those 300k people pollute or consume.

30 million people stopping using coal and taking active measures to reduce their carbon footprint does have an impact on the rate of global warming.

You right wing ****heads are getting even more hillarious. 'Stop the brown people coming to Australia because.... 'global warming'. It's the height of ridiculousness.

I suppose it was a natural progression following on from your crocodile tears over people 'drowning at sea' ('We need to stop the brown people from coming to Australia to.... look after their welfare!).
Nah his argument in regard to climate change is convaluded.

His anti immigrantion stance is because those immigrants are high calibre, who bring wealth, innovation, hard work and end up buying houses.
He wants House prices to drop and not force him to compete in employment

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
No one thinks your a troll. Just someone who's views are corrupted by Russian propaganda.

Are you telling me scrub land is less aesthetic then cities? You couldnt be serious surely?
Lol Russia. Almost any natural setting is more aesthetically pleasing than a concrete jungle, yes.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
1557537512041.png

Back