The F word

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannon82 hasn't said he can't see us lose another game for a while now

I do enjoy repeating myself, but we haven't lost for a while now so it seems a bit redundant. Clearly we won't lose another game this year though.

I do enjoy repeating myself, but we haven't lost for a while now so it seems a bit redundant. Clearly we won't lose another game this year though.
All your predictions were about the 22 H&A rounds. No mentions of f f f f finals..... are you now saying we will not drop a game and take the ultimate prize?

We're in for a tough run now. WCE at home, Sydney in form and everything to play for, Carlton playing well and a bogey side, Adelaide again, GWS in Sydney, North in Tasmania.

Could easily see us 1/6 there.
Might as well pack up and go home

We're in for a tough run now. WCE at home, Sydney in form and everything to play for, Carlton playing well and a bogey side, Adelaide again, GWS in Sydney, North in Tasmania.

Could easily see us 1/6 there.

Don't bother looking at the fixture, makes life a lot easier. Start of the year when everyone was doing predictions WB and Adelaide were losses and Freo at the G was a Def win. Just enjoy the flow of the season instead of worrying about 7 weeks from now on

All your predictions were about the 22 H&A rounds. No mentions of f f f f finals..... are you now saying we will not drop a game and take the ultimate prize?

I believe I've said we won't lose another game this year enough times. Clearly we will win the lot.

This forum's up and down like the yo-yo with every win and loss, and nothing encapsulates that better than reading through this thread. Reality is that this team isn't as good as it looks after a good win, and not as bad as it looks after a bad loss. From here I'd be disappointed not to make finals, but I had us in as a 7-10 placed side before the season and that's about where I think we're sitting right now. Our best sees us beating the best team in the competition on their home track, our worst sees us losing to poo-kickers like North, Hawthorn and Freo. The consistency isn't there yet, and we shouldn't get carried away with the various highs and lows that are sure to come in the rest of the season. 2018 is where I think we can really begin to challenge, so finals this year would just be a nice bonus so far as I'm concerned. At the moment I'm just enjoying the ride.

Don't bother looking at the fixture, makes life a lot easier. Start of the year when everyone was doing predictions WB and Adelaide were losses and Freo at the G was a Def win. Just enjoy the flow of the season instead of worrying about 7 weeks from now on
I did half a ladder predictor the other day, then stopped, laughed out how useless it is this year, and closed the window. Pointless to predict, as you said, just enjoy the ride.

Apparently based on our current record, we're a 75% chance at finals ... I'll take that at this point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really not certain about Melbourne's prospects re finals. Our draw / travel / weird up and down form history makes it difficult to predict. I get different ladder predictor results based on my mood and how much sleep I got the night before.

Interestingly, I find it difficult to do any ladder prediction - no matter how insane - where Essendon finish out of the eight. Being spooners last year gives them a very very good draw. Even if they have a few stuff ups, difficult to see how they wouldn't get up in most of their remaining games.

Barring injuries we will make finals and if we don't it'll be embarrassing at this stage. We're running out games better than our opposition each week, and our pressure alone means we'll win more than we lose.

I noticed a few people saying melbournes better off missing the finals and having a better crack next year. That's nonsense imo, clearly last year we weren't finals ready by blowing those last two games of the season badly. This year we definitely look finals ready even if we get knocked out in week one, it won't hurt, didn't hurt the bulldogs in 2015. Anyway back to reality let's get the job done against the coast of the western variety.

We lose on Saturday I know which F word I'll be saying...

I'll be saying 'fire truck'

After burning my house down in anger.

Farce

7hO90My.jpg

It's an indictment on some senior players at our club after yesterday. Failure looks a pretty apt word to sum up our season.

I don't subscribe to the opinion that our season would be a failure if we miss finals. There's elements that are successful as a whole. Its the grasping of an opportunity that's a failure.

Tom Mcdonald has been shown to be a proven match winner forward.
Jake Melksham has settled into a role forward and is a pretty hand player now
Mitch Hannan has added flexibility to our forward line
Oliver has stepped up quicker than anyone thought possible
We are going to be either in or out of the finals on percentage despite having no continuity with our FF Ruck and FB all season.

We won in Adelaide and Perth. We showed that this team almost always comes from behind and never gives up.

I'm as dirty as anyone right now but we have certainly gotten better not worse.

Extreme hangovers seem to put things in perspective Proper Gander

Remove this Banner Ad

Back