Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
Addresses for Don Storen, BVE’s relatives the Alcorns at Inglewood (where his mother Thora visited on alternate weekends) and “Mr Denis” the hairdresser - all from the 1979 phone book.

Attachments

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
No addresses identified as yet for:
GG practice on Prospect Rd
Peter Millhouse residence (North Adelaide?)
Woodards’ practice
Dr Robert Koulakis
Clocker aka Chris Wall (?)
The Highbury Unit
The Payneham Rd Unit of Jackie L
The number of the place in Chatham St Adelaide used by the TGs.
According to familymurders.com, Kerry W’s surname is/was Warburton.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Woodards’ practice
Dr Robert Koulakis
The Highbury Unit
We know where Clocker is.

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
1990 interstate newspaper report

"Man 'had sex with corpse in back seat'

ADELAIDE: A witness told the Adelaide Magistrates Court yesterday that he had seen someone having sex with a corpse while he was being raped by Bevan Spencer Von Einem, the man accused of two of the so-called Family killings.

SP, 28, said that after blacking out in Von Einem's car in 1978 he had come to with the accused performing oral sex on him. He told a preliminary hearing that Von Einem had then pushed something into his anus. At this time a Greek looking man had been having sex with a corpse in the back seat of the car. Peters said he was sure that the person had been dead. "Death is something you can feel," he told the court. SP said he had thought he was going to be killed but after blacking out again he had come to as he was being dropped off by Von Einem near his home.

Von Einem, 43, has been charged with the 1979 murder of Alan Barnes, 17, and the 1982 killing of Mark Langley, 18. He has entered no pleas but is already serving a life sentence for the 1983 murder of 15-year-old Richard Kelvin. All three teenagers died from blood loss caused by severe anal injuries.

At the opening of his evidence yesterday SP said he had twice been offered a lift by Von Einem in 1978. It was on the second occasion that he had been ofTered some white pills and blacked out after going to an Adelaide hotel for a drink. He said the incident in the car with Von Einem which followed had been his first sexual encounter. He had been 15.

Because of the nature of SP’s evidence both the defence and the prosecution successfully applied for it to be suppressed preventing its broadcast or publication in South Australia.

The hearing is continuing."

SP might be “George”. But more importantly – the reference to the Greek looking man could place Woodards there, or (simply by his name) – Dr Koulakis?

Last edited:

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
1990 interstate newspaper report

"Man 'had sex with corpse in back seat'

ADELAIDE: A witness told the Adelaide Magistrates Court yesterday that he had seen someone having sex with a corpse while he was being raped by Bevan Spencer Von Einem, the man accused of two of the so-called Family killings.

SP, 28, said that after blacking out in Von Einem's car in 1978 he had come to with the accused performing oral sex on him. He told a preliminary hearing that Von Einem had then pushed something into his anus. At this time a Greek looking man had been having sex with a corpse in the back seat of the car. Peters said he was sure that the person had been dead. "Death is something you can feel," he told the court. Peters said he had thought he was going to be killed but after blacking out again he had come to as he was being dropped off by Von Einem near his home.

Von Einem, 43, has been charged with the 1979 murder of Alan Barnes, 17, and the 1982 killing of Mark Langley, 18. He has entered no pleas but is already serving a life sentence for the 1983 murder of 15-year-old Richard Kelvin. All three teenagers died from blood loss caused by severe anal injuries.

At the opening of his evidence yesterday SP said he had twice been offered a lift by Von Einem in 1978. It was on the second occasion that he had been ofTered some white pills and blacked out after going to an Adelaide hotel for a drink. He said the incident in the car with Von Einem which followed had been his first sexual encounter. He had been 15.

Because of the nature of SP’s evidence both the defence and the prosecution successfully applied for it to be suppressed preventing its broadcast or publication in South Australia.

The hearing is continuing."

SP might be “George”. But more importantly – the reference to the Greek looking man could place Woodards there, or (simply by his name) – Dr Koulakis?
Can't be George - he was 16ish in 1982.

It also seems to say his name "Peters".

Greek man? LT? Gamba? I strongly suspect LT had the same role Mr B did before Mr B came along. I doubt the other kid was dead though - probably comatose from roofies.

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
Can't be George - he was 16ish in 1982.

It also seems to say his name "Peters".

Greek man? LT? Gamba? I strongly suspect LT had the same role Mr B did before Mr B came along. I doubt the other kid was dead though - probably comatose from roofies.
the picture of SJW just jumped straight in to my head when I read it. It could certainly be LT or Gamba but isn’t a neat fit for their usual MO of being procurers or opportunists.

The witness’ name was suppressed in SA at the time so hence the reference to SP.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
A possible location of the unit is Lambert Rd, Joslin, is at number 10. Directly opposite is another set of units but these are on the western side of the road and Trevor Peters said it was on the eastern side of the road.
TP's Diary said:
In the early 1980s at the time of the murders Denis and Bevan rented a unit in the inner eastern suburbs, maybe Norwood, Kent Town or Dulwich. Denis drove me past it once, it was on the Eastern side of the street, a heavily tree lined street, and was the front left hand side unit of maybe 4 units, built of brick.

That's a pretty good fit. It says "front left" but aren't most "units" front to back? It also has garage access for privacy. Personally, I always look for that when I'm out raping hitchhikers.

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
That's a pretty good fit. It says "front left" but aren't most "units" front to back? It also has garage access for privacy. Personally, I always look for that when I'm out raping hitchhikers.
Front left seems to be more apt for the units on the western side across from number 10 and TP said eastern side. (He could be wrong though). The ones across the road on the eastern side at number 10 are front to back.
Both are classic 1970s brick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Front left seems to be more apt for the units on the western side across from number 10 and TP said eastern side. (He could be wrong though). The ones across the road on the eastern side at number 10 are front to back.
Both are classic 1970s brick.
I wouldn't describe either as "on the left" but 10 fits the bill a lot closer IMO. Maybe it means the one on the left when you're actually in the driveway?

acerdude

Draftee
Aug 27, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Woodards’ practice
Dr Robert Koulakis
The Highbury Unit
Clocker's I believe were the flats at 24 Rosetta Street, Collinswood going by the descriptions in the e-book.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Clocker's I believe were the flats at 24 Rosetta Street, Collinswood going by the descriptions in the e-book.
I'm not so sure. It turns out a "unit" in Adelaide is what is called a villa everywhere else.

Maybe they call those things flats? Can anyone from Adelaide confirm?

jason_recliner

Debutant
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not so sure. It turns out a "unit" in Adelaide is what is called a villa everywhere else.

Maybe they call those things flats? Can anyone from Adelaide confirm?
Yes, what we would call 'units' in Adelaide are called 'villas' in Perth (and other cities?). I think 'flats' are sort of interchangeable with 'units' but I'm not 100% sure on this. Ii might be an older fashioned term (I'm 40ish for perspective). I remember my parents talking about a 'flat' they used to own in Fullarton. I went and saw it and to me it was a 'unit'. Shared driveway, at least one shared wall (usually the garage), cream brick typical of the 60s and 70s.

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
Units is the most common term used to describe a small group of single story dwellings, typically with shared walls and common areas such as a driveway.
Flats is a term usually used for large groups of "units" that are multi-storey - two or more floors of them, but each property is only one level.
Townhouses are two story dwellings with 2-3 bedrooms, often in groups and often with a common wall.
A Villa is a term used to describe a type of house that has a certain period style. A bit like a Federation house, or a bungalow.

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Units is the most common term used to describe a small group of single story dwellings, typically with shared walls and common areas such as a driveway.
Flats is a term usually used for large groups of "units" that are multi-storey - two or more floors of them, but each property is only one level.
Townhouses are two story dwellings with 2-3 bedrooms, often in groups and often with a common wall.
A Villa is a term used to describe a type of house that has a certain period style. A bit like a Federation house, or a bungalow.
Happy with these terms

Units - 1 storey
Flats 2-3 storeys with connected walls
Villa - unit with decorative wood and a rose out the front
Townhouses the new term for flats

wintermutes_

Draftee
Mar 21, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all.
I have been a long time lurker and the work and information on here is second to none. I seriously can’t think of a better source of info on The Family than this forum, and of all the places to find it, it’s on an AFL forum 😂

So I just wanted to say thanks to all of the contributors. Amazing work and keep it up.

cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad