Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

Punk Rooster thanks for your feedback about RK, PS and AB. Are you able to provide further information about RK being in the North cheersquad as I believe he was a Port supporter. Maybe he was attending games at Prospect oval because it was close to his house or had a mate in the cheersquad.

In relation to PS the ebook made several references that he was wearing a North jumper the day he went missing, however in DM's book she has him wearing a Port jumper. Are you able to provide any further information about why you think PS was a North supporter.
North people have mentioned Richard being in/at North Cheer Squad- but that could've been similar to Alan Barnes, who attended more than the odd North game, depsite not supportiung them.
The information about Peter Stogneff was that someone was getting his North jumper signed- and it would be easy for Debi Marshall to get North & Port mixed up, as she apparently did with Eastern/South Eastern Frewway.

North people have mentioned Richard being in/at North Cheer Squad- but that could've been similar to Alan Barnes, who attended more than the odd North game, depsite not supportiung them.
The information about Peter Stogneff was that someone was getting his North jumper signed- and it would be easy for Debi Marshall to get North & Port mixed up, as she apparently did with Eastern/South Eastern Frewway.
Can anyone verify definitely what team PS’s jumper was? McI&R say ‘red and white’. I read North somewhere else but can’t find right now.

Richard met his girlfriend just before his murder at Prospect Oval watching Port play North.

Can anyone verify definitely what team PS’s jumper was? McI&R say ‘red and white’. I read North somewhere else but can’t find right now.

This is from the Dissected book. He wasn’t wearing a footy jumper. He had a red/white jumper with him. There was a theory that someone had promised to get it signed for him.

“On August 27th 1981 Peter got ready for school and left at a normal time that would have seen him arrive at school in his usual punctual manner. He was wearing blue jeans, a blue shirt with yellow and black pinstripes and white shoes. He also had a red and white striped football guernsey with him which had the number seven on the back of it.”

This is from the Dissected book. He wasn’t wearing a footy jumper. He had a red/white jumper with him. There was a theory that someone had promised to get it signed for him.

“On August 27th 1981 Peter got ready for school and left at a normal time that would have seen him arrive at school in his usual punctual manner. He was wearing blue jeans, a blue shirt with yellow and black pinstripes and white shoes. He also had a red and white striped football guernsey with him which had the number seven on the back of it.”
North weren’t red and white stripes until 1983- in 1981, they wore a red jumper with a white V

But it does allow for the fact he may have had a generic red and white jumper to be signed- there were also sublimated type jumpers in those days, that may have had red and white white stripes, combined with a photo

But it does allow for the fact he may have had a generic red and white jumper to be signed- there were also sublimated type jumpers in those days, that may have had red and white white stripes, combined with a photo
Could have been one of those tshirts that had screen printing on them

I had a Double Blues one which I thought was cool for the time - like a photo print

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that is an error by Debi. There are quite a few more minor errors and inconsistencies.

A shocker in chapter 13 has the date that Richard Kelvin's body was found by Trevor Holmes as being on the same day that the Attwoods and their 4 dogs noticed nothing at the airstrip (10/7/1983) when it was 24/7/1983.

Also it says his body was found 8 weeks later when it was 7.

Last edited:
Hi all
A shocker in chapter 13 has the date that Richard Kelvin's body was found by Trevor Holmes as being on the same day that the Attwoods and their 4 dogs noticed nothing at the airstrip (10/7/1983) when it was 24/7/1983.

Gosh!!! I’m compiling a list for Debi (to be sent ASAP). Has anyone noticed any more errors or inconsistencies?

Hi all

Gosh!!! I’m compiling a list for Debi (to be sent ASAP). Has anyone noticed any more errors or inconsistencies?
One on the Truro murders. She says James Miller was convicted of raping a boy. As far as I know, Miller was a lifelong petty crook who was never imprisoned for any violent or sexual crimes.

Do any of your North contacts remember BVE at Prospect oval?

I saw the Channel 7 news story last night on Richard Kelvin's best mate, Karl "Boris" Brooks. It was heartbreaking to see how deep it still cuts him, and chilling to see him back at the O'Connell Street bus stop 38 years later.

Just watched the news story on Youtube and my heart just breaks for Karl, it was so sad as well hearing how much Richard's murder affected his life on Debi's podcast.

Debi also mentions in the book (that I never knew before) that Karl stayed with the Kelvins during the time Richard was missing so if he had come home his best mate would be there too. 😞

I should have said earlier, I’ve got nothing to do with any author or publisher. I’m just a bit pedantic about them getting well-established facts/names/dates etc right. Makes me wonder what else is wrong in what they claim!! When I saw you all saying the book had been withdrawn, I thought it was worth pointing out to the author some edits for the reprint.

I should have said earlier, I’ve got nothing to do with any author or publisher. I’m just a bit pedantic about them getting well-established facts/names/dates etc right. Makes me wonder what else is wrong in what they claim!! When I saw you all saying the book had been withdrawn, I thought it was worth pointing out to the author some edits for the reprint.

I must admit that as soon as l see inaccuracies in any book or document, l tend to disregard it thereafter. I find it hard to give credibility to anything which muddles basic facts.

I agree too that these errors should really be fixed in any revised edition. The events after Richard's body was found is oddly disjointed and jumbled which made it a confusing read, Mandrax and other drugs were found present in Richard's system on 26/7/83 and Trevor Kipling and Bob O'Brien were notified straight away and then found BVE's Mandrax prescription fairly quickly but didn't first question BVE until October?

Another error in Chapter 17 has the prosecution adjourning their case in BVE's trial on Friday 25/5/84 when the trial was held over October-November 1984.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back