Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

“They were drugged, von Einem had drugged them,”

“I don’t know how they were drugged, OK? Um … how did they give consent? I don’t know. Honestly, I don’t know. All I know, they came … he dropped them off at our place, he went home, we let them sleep it off, they left in the morning.”

I don't have the whole story behind Turtur's involvement yet but I imagine he must have been one that testified against von Einem?

I don’t believe Turtur for a second. He states that he allowed BVE to bring drugged boys into the house. When pressed, he then conceded that “they” had sex with the boys. Then protests that when the boys left the house, they were “pristine”. What an odd word to describe the state of a person.

I don't have the whole story behind Turtur's involvement yet but I imagine he must have been one that testified against von Einem?
"Mr B" another associate of Von Einem is known to have testified against Von Einem at his trial. I was listening to the first episode of the Frozen Lies Podcast and Debi Marshall says towards the end that witness testimony was given at Von Einem's trial that Von Einem brought hitchhikers to Turturs apartment but She didn't specify who made those allegations.

Lock Up Lewis Turtur,he knows a lot more..he has probably got immunity

Then he is walking a very fine line by speaking publicly. He seems to be very loose with his words. I don’t understand how he was able to keep his mouth shut for 40 years. But I agree; he knows a lot more than he has publicly stated in the last few days.

Lock Up Lewis Turtur,he knows a lot more..he has probably got immunity

If he has immunity, then he has no fear of divulging what he knows. Von Einem and another, also at one time rented their own units, so what he has said in that nobody was murdered in his house, is probably true and the reason they probably weren't where von Einem controlled his worst impulses, is because there were too many witnesses.

Then he is walking a very fine line by speaking publicly. He seems to be very loose with his words. I don’t understand how he was able to keep his mouth shut for 40 years. But I agree; he knows a lot more than he has publicly stated in the last few days.

Has he or is this simply what he told the court and we're only hearing it now because the suppression orders were lifted?

Let’s face the facts here, there was protection from way above..from the Premier to the Attorney General, these were people who understood/agreed with this depravity, not saying they agreed with murder, but the actual sexual needs of these animals..

By the way these animals were still operating during the 90s..Daniel Sheppard..let’s not forget James Crocker in 94 6 months before Daniel, ok he was 27 but, slight 65kg, never even been touted as a family victim...please half of these animals were still operating..vanishes from north terrace after checking out of the hospital...the same ‘run’ that Von Einem has admitted to doing as a basic thing..Mr R was still out and about...thoughts???

Turtur admitted to letting Von Einem bring drugged boys into his home for sex in which He participated, not sure if that's considered consensual.

He said he thought they were drunk, not drugged and that when he went in to wake them up thought they just had a serious hangover. Maybe he's minimising but is it reasonable to make him a target given he wasn't charged with anything and we think his testimony likely went towards von Einem's conviction? Even if he looks suss to this point.

We don't know what else there is yet but suspect there are bigger fish to fry.

Turtur is a homosexual rapist should be held accountable..simple as that

That might be part of the deal he made, provided the victims could be found or even made a complaint? It was in the early 70s Turtur's house was used, iirc the murders were later?

We weren't as educated as we are now about 'consent', it's only been the last few years really we've tried to stop the victim blaming of women saying it's their own fault if things go wrong or they're attacked because they drank too much.

By the way these animals were still operating during the 90s..Daniel Sheppard..let’s not forget James Crocker in 94 6 months before Daniel, ok he was 27 but, slight 65kg, never even been touted as a family victim...please half of these animals were still operating..vanishes from north terrace after checking out of the hospital...the same ‘run’ that Von Einem has admitted to doing as a basic thing..Mr R was still out and about...thoughts???

Firman, Brooks and Turtur moved to Sydney after Von Einem was imprisoned, St Denis died in the 90s so not sure if He was alive in 94/95, Woodards moved to Sydney some time after Von Einem was imprisoned. So I'm not sure those cases are related.

Speaking of "Mr R" though, might have been his lawyer trying to keep his name under suppression recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When pressed, he then conceded that “they” had sex with the boys. Then protests that when the boys left the house, they were “pristine”. What an odd word to describe the state of a person.

"I didn't kill them, I just raped them I swear!"

What's SA's history with a statute of limitations on indictable offences? Even if he confessed he might not be able to be charged.

2016 Background Briefing. The body in the freezer. Podcast or transcript.

Where it all started, really interesting. David Szach is interviewed and I won't ruin it but the morning after Stevenson was murdered and before he was found in the freezer a young man showed up 8.15am Legal Aid wanting to report a crime, a secretary asked him if he'd seen a lawyer and he said 'Only Derrence Stevenson but when I left him last night he was in no position to act for anyone.' He was told to come back when everyone was in but he didn't.

David Szach thinks it was Alan Barnes.

Dr Stephen Woodards...Derrance Stevensons ex-lover, the same guy who prescribed Von Einem with the Mandrax etc...it all links up...

The same guy who was on bail for a 14yr old boys rape back in 1982...bailed in 2011...never scene one thing about the case since...very strange indeed..those mystical powers at work again maybe...scary stuff

Stevenson murdered June 4 1979

Alan Barnes murdered after June 16 (body found June 24 , missing since 17 June) http://netk.net.au/FamilyMurders/FamilyMurders7.asp

I had not heard nor considered this either

Coroners report says Noctec was found in his system.

QCs represent legal aid clients all the time. Bill Boucaut QC and Marie Shaw QC spend most of their time acting for legal aid clients. I don’t think you can interpret Szach being represented by a very good lawyer as evidence of corruption up high.

It was suggested in the book "Body in the Freezer" also that the person who the Taxi Driver picked up from Derrance Stevenson house that night may have been Alan Barnes or Neil Muir. Muir was living a few blocks from where the Taxi Driver dropped the person off.

A decent attempt at summarizing the story in here with a who's who and pics. I was in here trying to find out who the second magistrate that might have been involved was, aside from the notorious Liddy. Sources are cited.

For what it's worth, it was Richard Dutton Brown.

richardduttonbrown.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back