Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Zebo

Draftee
Sep 1, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was in the State Library today and had a look at the Advertiser around 27 August 1980 (as Kurve suggested earlier.) Everyone should have been busy watching (from a safe distance) the Millhouse trial for Neil Muir unfold, but it was adjourned on 19 August because the judge had a heart-attack. It did not recommence until 2 September.

If anyone went missing at that time, it wouldn't have been reported (eg Peter S wasn't reported as missing anytime near his disappearance in 1981). There was a dead 21yo man in Rosina St (off Hindley Street) on the 24th, suspected drug overdose (no details beyond that).

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was in the State Library today and had a look at the Advertiser around 27 August 1980 (as Kurve suggested earlier.) Everyone should have been busy watching (from a safe distance) the Millhouse trial for Neil Muir unfold, but it was adjourned on 19 August because the judge had a heart-attack. It did not recommence until 2 September.

If anyone went missing at that time, it wouldn't have been reported (eg Peter S wasn't reported as missing anytime near his disappearance in 1981). There was a dead 21yo man in Rosina St (off Hindley Street) on the 24th, suspected drug overdose (no details beyond that).
Thanks for looking Zebo

The breed

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I remember an art teacher with that name at Port Adelaide High School in the 80’s. the description fits her!
I had a arts teacher at Paralowie Tech in the late 70's that fit's that description and name to a tee. Miss Vidavich, wore all black, long black hair, bit of a looker from memory Rumour's going around that some of the older students were enjoying a bit of extra study time aswell

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
also just to be clear - theres no suggestion she was involved in any of the abuse or murders or anything of that nature - shes the source of the information that DsD cut Richard's hair while he was being held, and by some accounts knew more, and now according to Debi - a boy was taken to someone, who's description she matched, house and was drugged and abused by BVE and someone named "Dave or John"

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Listened to Meshel Lauries podcast Australian True Crime with Debi Marshall on her new book

sigh

So much mayo

' I feared for my life when someone told me BVE could easily snap my neck before the guards could stop him' - followed by 'BVE spends his day in the Old Persons unit and complains of heart disease , diabetes and Liver troubles'

Which BVE is it Deb? The one who can kill or the frail old man?

Though I do think there was 1 nugget when she got Lewis Turtur to admit that '' up to half a dozen'' - yet LT knew BVE had up to 200 victims of drug rape

ElizabethG

Draftee
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
The delivery boy who took a piece of the action maybe.

I can see him being the delivery boy for some of the legal/medical/business types, but with the bottom tier transgender, drug addled, share house types he was definitely the top dog.
I don't think that he was "delivering"...BVE was/is obviously obsessed with young men/boys and didn't abduct, drug, rape (and murder) them by someone's orders. I am sure he did it because of his own deviant sexual appetite. Others were "invited", helped him, planned actions or "shared" with him. I don't see him as a procurer per se. A great number of boys was solely abused by him and not by others, which means he did it for himself, this was his "obsession".
Furthermore, people like the businessman, SGW and DS were known to pick up boys themselves - they (especially the businessman) might have been more cautious, but still had their own tricks (e.g. lace a drink and then "help" the drugged victim).

ElizabethG

Draftee
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Listened to Meshel Lauries podcast Australian True Crime with Debi Marshall on her new book

sigh

So much mayo

' I feared for my life when someone told me BVE could easily snap my neck before the guards could stop him' - followed by 'BVE spends his day in the Old Persons unit and complains of heart disease , diabetes and Liver troubles'

Which BVE is it Deb? The one who can kill or the frail old man?

Though I do think there was 1 nugget when she got Lewis Turtur to admit that '' up to half a dozen'' - yet LT knew BVE had up to 200 victims of drug rape
Yes, this "deadly scenario" is completely unrealistic. I can't believe that this psychiatrist was actually telling her that "maybe her life was saved because of the security's decision". Her third visit was cancelled because BVE simply didn't want to speak to her and removed her from his visitor's list. He's not the type to kill someone - especially not a mature woman - in the heat of the moment because of something she said.

Rake

Draftee
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I remember an art teacher with that name at Port Adelaide High School in the 80’s. the description fits her!
Vivian Vidulich Was the teacher at PAH. She had long dark hair and was a very colourful vibrant woman. She lived around the Fulham Gardens area. I have no idea whether she is the woman referred to in the book though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
Some other names - if anyone knows anything about any of these people?

John Wakefield - "Eula", millionaire, besties with DSD, DSD dined at John’s house every Sunday.
Robert Buscombe (Bette) would also attend with Eula and DSD.

Brian Miller - allegedly questioned by police re RK in 2008.

Last edited:

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I believe this is probably Vivian at the Fringe opening in 1986. Does this look familiar to anyone from the disco scene in the 70s & 80s? Just trying to confirm.

40798D60-5FE3-439E-9A5A-B43F538C9862.jpeg

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Could be. I always remember her With very long hair, but that was in the late 70s and early 80s.

How is she potentially linked with the murders?
She isn't directly involved. It has been said that she knew that Denis St Denis cut Richard Kelvin's hair while he was being held at a unit. She allegedly also knew that several people visited the unit. She could of course have just been repeating rumours she had heard. Just another name that has come up on the search for information.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad