Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm 30% into Banquet atm. Lots of editing errors so far and nothing new. Lots of padding, assumptions and unsubstantiated info. Definitely not a book l'd stay up all night for or take camping.
It’s a story about Debi’s Adventures in Murderland with a bit of (sometimes incorrect) info about the Family murders thrown in. Total vanity project for her.

Also, what is it with books about the Family and lack of editing? Roles & McInerney was very sloppy. Marshall has all sorts of easily verifiable things wrong such as dates, names of locations. Do editors & proof readers and fact checkers not exist anymore?

TheBlokeInGreen

Draftee
Nov 3, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
It’s a story about Debi’s Adventures in Murderland with a bit of (sometimes incorrect) info about the Family murders thrown in. Total vanity project for her.

Also, what is it with books about the Family and lack of editing? Roles & McInerney was very sloppy. Marshall has all sorts of easily verifiable things wrong such as dates, names of locations. Do editors & proof readers and fact checkers not exist anymore?

Probably a mix of lack of critiquing and just wanting to put something out (regardless of its quality) knowing that those of us that are into this stuff would gobble it up when we hear its a book on the Family Murders "with new info and unheard interviews"

which basically sums me up.

They'll make a mint off of people who just love true crime

Zebo

Draftee
Sep 1, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

I sent a list of major (obvious) errors to her. if someone with the new version wants to check if any corrections were made, I can post.

ElizabethG

Draftee
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I sent a list of major (obvious) errors to her. if someone with the new version wants to check if any corrections were made, I can post.
I have the original version, if anyone with the new version wants to compare. Maybe we can determine what the first version got pulled for and see if there's more to it than the businessman's name.

Clawed

Team Captain
Suspended
Nov 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't know what he calls it these days, the last time i looked about a year ago, he made the page private. Tale of the tabloids or something.

It clearly was in love with VE. Completely innocent apparantly, and linked here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DropBearess

Debutant
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've finally waded through 'Banquet' as an E book. l had to make myself finish it, so l could say l had.

Absolutely nothing new therein, so don't waste your time and money. The Businessman is named once in my copy. We all knew anyway.

There are numerous pages of padding and DM clearly doesn't know Adelaide. There are lots of errors which l understand have been pointed out to her, yet remain. The usual tone of Adelaide being the bizarre murder capital pervades when all else fails. How boring.

I can also verify DM has published info which she claims are from her own sources, but the sources are from this site. We need to be careful about PMs. We can still be naive at times despite our investigative powers! Several people she has mentioned have not communicated with her in any way and never will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad