Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Use this thread to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

Steve The Dude

Left Right Out
Feb 9, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
T
Steve
In response to your second point the attached article may provide more clarity. In relation to the person I spoke to I'm not sure if they contacted police but they were very traumatised about what they witnessed and that was 10 years after the event.

View attachment 1310415
Thanks for that. This newspaper article gives really good context to the 'earwitnesses'. It is still puzzling to me why nobody seems to have telephoned 000 straight away to report the incident. Do you know whether anybody actually 'eyewitnessed' von Einem's car? .... and, if so, what was the quality of the 'eyewitnessing'? I am suspicious that 'Mr B' simply told the cops whatever they wanted to hear to fill in the blanks, and get his reward money upon von Einem's conviction. ( I am in no way 'potentially disputing' the veracity of von Einem's conviction, but I am 'potentially disputing' Mr B's explanation of the sequence of events).

Last edited:

Dell43

Debutant
Dec 31, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
T

Thanks for that. This newspaper article gives really good context to the 'earwitnesses'. It is still puzzling to me why nobody seems to have telephoned 000 straight away to report the incident. Do you know whether anybody actually 'eyewitnessed' von Einem's car? .... and, if so, what was the quality of the 'eyewitnessing'? I am suspicious that 'Mr B' simply told the cops whatever they wanted to hear to fill in the blanks, and get his reward money upon von Einem's conviction. ( I am in no way 'potentially disputing' the veracity of von Einem's conviction, but I am 'potentially disputing' Mr B's explanation of the sequence of events).
The story my friend told me was his wife gave police a description of the car used in abduction. Von Einem sold it shortly after and boot had been re-painted, surprised there was not mention in article above.

Steve The Dude

Left Right Out
Feb 9, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
The story my friend told me was his wife gave police a description of the car used in abduction. Von Einem sold it shortly after and boot had been re-painted, surprised there was not mention in article above.
Thanks for that. Do you know if the cops subsequently seized the vehicle for forensic examination? Admittedly, BSvE would have probably used some sort of cleaning agent such as bleach or ammonia prior to re-spraying the boot, but I would have thought that perhaps the cops would have nonetheless forensically examined the vehicle hoping to find some corroborative trace evidence, even if they had to search underneath layers of paint. Also, you would expect that some traces of Richard Kelvin's hair or skin cells would be able to be found in the car interior from when he was initially abducted.

Last edited:

Dell43

Debutant
Dec 31, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for that. Do you know if the cops subsequently seized the vehicle for forensic examination? Admittedly, BSvE would have probably used some sort of cleaning agent such as bleach or ammonia prior to re-spraying the boot, but I would have thought that perhaps the cops would have nonetheless forensically examined the vehicle hoping to find some corroborative trace evidence, even if they had to search underneath layers of paint. Also, you would expect that some traces of Richard Kelvin's hair or skin cells would be able to be found in the car interior from when he was initially abducted.
I'm sure they went over the vehicle with a fine-tooth combe. My thinking is BVE and his crew were schooled in eliminating forensic evidence, the only information I have is in article below.

Car.PNG

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Given that it was forensic fibre evidence (carpet, bedspread and hair) that caught BvE, I’m not convinced there was a high degree of forensic knowledge going on. Much easier to get a new bedspread and do a bit of vacuuming than paint a car boot, yet he did none of those things.

Dell43

Debutant
Dec 31, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given that it was forensic fibre evidence (carpet, bedspread and hair) that caught BvE, I’m not convinced there was a high degree of forensic knowledge going on. Much easier to get a new bedspread and do a bit of vacuuming than paint a car boot, yet he did none of those things.
That was the only slip-up I’m aware of (maybe he was rushed) I don’t recall any forensic evidence on other victims either deceased or released. I’m assuming that’s why bodies were washed, I’m sure I read about a lad being showered at the Alberton house by Von Einem and someone else. From memory Alan Barnes clothing may have been washed, not sure about the clothing of others.

Dr. J.PNG

Last edited:

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
  • Von Einem's MO was to persuade victims into his car and then offer them a spiked drink. Why the sudden change of MO and escalation to abduction?
  • If the abduction was a spur of the moment decision how did Von Einem convince the others in the car to participate in such a serious offence?

its the two big questions really - its a massive escalation

Steve The Dude

Left Right Out
Feb 9, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
its the two big questions really - its a massive escalation
It's not just a massive escalation, it's totally inconsistent with BSvE's m.o. from the previous 200+ occasions, and was not repeated subsequently. So, I am left wondering if it really was BSvE and the trannies that perpetrated the abduction itself. In respect of the fibres and hairs found at BSvE residence, I would've wondered if some shonky desperado detective gave Mr B the fibres to plant at BSvE's residence, except for the fact that BSvE changed his story and admitted to cops that he had 'met' Richard and concocted the story of Richard's bi-sexuality, thereby proving beyond all reasonable doubt BSvE's co-complicity in Richard's ultimate murder. So I suspect that BSvE was further down the food chain of the turdburglary hierarchy and was handballed a pre-sedated pre-turdburgled Richard to go 'slops' on Richard's butt-hole.

Last edited:

Ivanovich

Draftee
Nov 26, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I told my story to Debi Marshall as I was pretty angry that Chief Justice John Bray recommended to my mother that Gino Gambardella was the chiropractor I should see for sore back only to be sexually assaulted by him one month before Alan Barnes was murdered. I was 22 at the time.
Chief Justice John Jefferson Bray retired from the Bench in 1978. My mother, June Tanner, was the Swedish Consulate and lived on Brougham Place in North Adelaide. She was a socialite and had social events/cocktail parties on a regular basis. It was at one of the parties Bray recommended her 22 year son (me) should see Gino Gambardella (May 1979 ). Putting it all together it is interesting the recommendation happened after Bray retired from the bench. It is inconceivable that he would not have been aware of Gambardella's sexual assault convictions. Was it a numbers game on his part ? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Send a blond, skinny, fit 22 year old to Gino and see what happens ?

Steve The Dude

Left Right Out
Feb 9, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Chief Justice John Jefferson Bray retired from the Bench in 1978. My mother, June Tanner, was the Swedish Consulate and lived on Brougham Place in North Adelaide. She was a socialite and had social events/cocktail parties on a regular basis. It was at one of the parties Bray recommended her 22 year son (me) should see Gino Gambardella (May 1979 ). Putting it all together it is interesting the recommendation happened after Bray retired from the bench. It is inconceivable that he would not have been aware of Gambardella's sexual assault convictions. Was it a numbers game on his part ? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Send a blond, skinny, fit 22 year old to Gino and see what happens ?
I continue to be amazed how people such as John Bray and Peter Liddy (and their 'unique and special' SAPOL friends) somehow magically never seemed to have made it onto the 'persons of interest' list by SAPOL in respect of the 'Family murders', and other murders.

Dec 23, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I continue to be amazed how people such as John Bray and Peter Liddy (and their 'unique and special' SAPOL friends) somehow magically never seemed to have made it onto the 'persons of interest' list by SAPOL in respect of the 'Family murders', and other murders.
If you read through this entire thread it really isn't that "amazing" at all to be honest. The most knowledgeable posters who have actually done the in-depth research have pretty clearly outlined who the suspects and associates are of The Family. Also, it has already been addressed as to why Liddy is unlikely to have been involved, namely due to his preference for boys rather than teenagers.

Steve The Dude

Left Right Out
Feb 9, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you read through this entire thread it really isn't that "amazing" at all to be honest. The most knowledgeable posters who have actually done the in-depth research have pretty clearly outlined who the suspects and associates are of The Family. Also, it has already been addressed as to why Liddy is unlikely to have been involved, namely due to his preference for boys rather than teenagers.
We have to agree to disagree on this point. In my opinion, Liddy was a turdburgling opportunist that was desperately looking for any and every turdburglary opportunity he could possibly get 24/7/365, and who extensively networked with other homosexual, paedophile and switchhitter turdburglars. There was at least one previous post in this thread where Liddy's name came up as alleged friends of the 12 persons extensively suspected of being co-culpable in the 'family murders' but that Liddy was discounted as a potential suspect because he was only allegedly involved in drugging males unconscious and raping them whilst sedated, and was too nice a guy to have possibly been involved in murdering them. Liddy's protagonists argue something along the lines of "He was only convicted of raping several 8-10 year old boys, therefore he could not possibly be involved in raping any male 7 years old or younger, or who was 11 years old or older, because he is such a nice guy." Liddy may have had a paedophilic preference for pre-teenage younger boys, but the younger a child is to be targeted to be sexually interfered with, the commensurately more difficult it is for a paedophile to find such a child that is not being supervised by a parent or other non-paedophile adults, and therefore targeted to be sexually interfered with (which explains why he selflessly offered his assistance at SLSC camps to get sexual access to nippers). As far as homosexual males go, Magistrate Liddy was extremely unattractive, personally repugnant and anti-charismatic, so he is extremely unlikely to have ever had a mutually consenting sexual partner in his entire life.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad