Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

You are on the money . He knew all of them but did not get involved in the killings . He would have been there for the rape and was at RK house when he was found dead and told to go by the cops as he was a suspect.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are people on here who have stopped me form replying to them so I am going to walk away from this . Sorry to the ones who want to know the truth but if people don’t want me to reply to them they are part of the bull s**t story telling . To you who have blocked me your part of the reason why the killers are still walking the streets.

There are people on here who have stopped me form replying to them so I am going to walk away from this . Sorry to the ones who want to know the truth but if people don’t want me to reply to them they are part of the bull sh*t story telling . To you who have blocked me your part of the reason why the killers are still walking the streets.

I dont think anybody can block you on the thread, you can be placed on 'ignore' but I cant see any reason why anyone would do that and all it does, is hides your posts from full view.

RK house?
John has said earlier that this C Mc was a friend of the Kelvins and still is. I'm assuming he means Richard/Rob Kelvin's house.

John Barnes were the Kelvins aware of this person's connection at the time? Even if he was "only" present for the rapes, that assumes he could have told police & prevented further attacks?

Also, please don't be pushed away by a minority. You have support here too.

John has said earlier that this C Mc was a friend of the Kelvins and still is. I'm assuming he means Richard/Rob Kelvin's house.

John Barnes were the Kelvins aware of this person's connection at the time? Even if he was "only" present for the rapes, that assumes he could have told police & prevented further attacks?

Also, please don't be pushed away by a minority. You have support here too.

He is no longer friends of RKs family and they know what he did . The cops told them who and what he was and Betty Anne and Rob stopped any contact

I dont think anybody can block you on the thread, you can be placed on 'ignore' but I cant see any reason why anyone would do that and all it does, is hides your posts from full view.

Talk to TT440 he new BVns brother as he said . I question anyone who would stop me from replying to them . I have said Bvn brother was a nice bloke and it’s sad that he is the brother of a ped killer .

I’ve never really followed the Family murders, but I’ve been around people who have taken a keen interest. One guy, an ex biker who is now passed. Seemed to think he knew what happened in a few of the murders. Way back in early 1989 before anyone was charged, he claimed to have discovered information.

One day, I caught the tail-end of a conversation. The biker was leaving our workplace and made a comment, that he knew who killed NM. I didnt end up finding anything thats not covered here

I’ve never really followed the Family murders, but I’ve been around people who have taken a keen interest. One guy, an ex biker who is now passed. Seemed to think he knew what happened in a few of the murders. Way back in early 1989 before anyone was charged, he claimed to have discovered information.

One day, I caught the tail-end of a conversation. The biker was leaving our workplace and made a comment, that he knew who killed NM. I didnt end up finding anything thats not covered here

RKs trial was in 84 by 1989 everyone knew who had done it

There are people on here who have stopped me form replying to them so I am going to walk away from this . Sorry to the ones who want to know the truth but if people don’t want me to reply to them they are part of the bull sh*t story telling . To you who have blocked me your part of the reason why the killers are still walking the streets.

If it's who i think it is , pay no attention to the dickhead.

Provided the name they wanted then they accused me of being a copper :drunk:

Didn't said Bikie end up getting killed ?

Im just referring to the C Mc hint provided a little while ago...I dont actually know whether he had a direct involvement in anything dubious or was just a part of the gay scene.

There was a post previously warning about providing clues, but for me, I personally thought of him more as a tv journo, as opposed to a radio one.

Craig wasn't part of the scene - at least that I knew (and I worked 'on the scene' at the time.) He was married with kids but liked to pick up guys from the beats. If I remember rightly, he did the sports report on Channel 7 news each night and also did radio sports reports (5AD?).

He once told me his wife & kids were going interstate on a holiday and asked me to stay (with him) at the family home while they were away, which I thought was all a bit weird.

He had a few kinks and it was no surprise to me a few years later when I found he had picked up a 'hitch-hiker' (yeah sure lol) near the Torrens and had been attacked with a knife when, no doubt, he had put the hard word on the guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Barnes just reading your comments on this C Mc character, do you think C Mc is to RK what Darko is to Alan?

Cause from what you've said about his relationship to the Kelvins, it sounds like there's a possibility C Mc was buddy buddy with the inner circle enough to know what was going on and could have led BVE to where RK lived. From what police told the Kelvins about him, do you know if they believe he was one of the people in the car that day (i.e. that he could've pointed out RK to BVE)?

John Barnes just reading your comments on this C Mc character, do you think C Mc is to RK what Darko is to Alan?

Cause from what you've said about his relationship to the Kelvins, it sounds like there's a possibility C Mc was buddy buddy with the inner circle enough to know what was going on and could have led BVE to where RK lived. From what police told the Kelvins about him, do you know if they believe he was one of the people in the car that day (i.e. that he could've pointed out RK to BVE)?

No he was in with the inner circle but he was not there when Richard was taken . There was yelling and screaming and if he was there I don’t think Richerd would have yelled out . Darko was just a bloke with a car and was not that close to Alan. Alan was at a loose end that weekend and Darko invited him to a barbe . Preacher didn’t like Darko and wanted to spend time with his new girlfriend . That was the first weekend preacher and Alan didn’t spend together in close to a year

Im curious, what is CM doing now?

Is he still with us? I can find no on line reference to him at all (apart from this thread perhaps), which I find a little unusual.

Alan never touched H ok . Alan would not have been anywhere close to H . The rumours came from clowns at parties trying to big note themselves. Alan was only 16 going on 17 and as I said before we are talking about 1979 not 2019 !!!! Debbie Marshal to me is a self centred egotistical clown. That’s why I kicked her out of my house when she ask me to go on tv .
With the greatest of respect John, please don't take offense at this, I don't mean it that way. But do you think Alan, being your brother could have been up to these thing when you weren't around? Were you a younger brother or an older one?
It seems to me that whenever someone asks if Alan could have done this, or that, you deny it. It does make him out to be squeaky clean.
And please, i'm not saying your Alan was bad or anything, i'm just trying to work out his personality and personal family members could be seen to be bias.
I know I was when my brothers were bad, even though they were older than me, I would stick up for them, but they were bad, they did become decent adults though but in their teen years in Glenleg and Ellizabeth they were bad to the bone..
Again, I mean no disrespect asking you these question.

With the greatest of respect John, please don't take offense at this, I don't mean it that way. But do you think Alan, being your brother could have been up to these thing when you weren't around? Were you a younger brother or an older one?
It seems to me that whenever someone asks if Alan could have done this, or that, you deny it. It does make him out to be squeaky clean.
And please, i'm not saying your Alan was bad or anything, i'm just trying to work out his personality and personal family members could be seen to be bias.
I know I was when my brothers were bad, even though they were older than me, I would stick up for them, but they were bad, they did become decent adults though but in their teen years in Glenleg and Ellizabeth they were bad to the bone..
Again, I mean no disrespect asking you these question.

Alan was my older brother, we lived in the same room all of Alan’s life . I went to most of the places Alan went and knew all his mates . He was a normal kid and remember he was just a kid . We were from Salisbury not Elizabeth and yes Alan smoked dope and did not like the way it made him feel . Preacher smoked dope a lot but Alan didn’t like it so he would drink beer more then smoke dope . Alan liked to make fun of anything and make people laugh , at times he was a prick and other times he was fun . He smoked cigarettes and was clean personally always washing his hair . I keep telling you that H was not something he would have played with . If you don’t get that then go tell your story’s at parties as I have said it to you now a number of times . Stop the bull and look for the truth . I am sick of people asking me the same thing over and over again . You say you knew mom well if you meet mom you should know better then to keep going on about H .

Alan was my older brother, we lived in the same room all of Alan’s life . I went to most of the places Alan went and knew all his mates . He was a normal kid and remember he was just a kid . We were from Salisbury not Elizabeth and yes Alan smoked dope and did not like the way it made him feel . Preacher smoked dope a lot but Alan didn’t like it so he would drink beer more then smoke dope . Alan liked to make fun of anything and make people laugh , at times he was a prick and other times he was fun . He smoked cigarettes and was clean personally always washing his hair . I keep telling you that H was not something he would have played with . If you don’t get that then go tell your story’s at parties as I have said it to you now a number of times . Stop the bull and look for the truth . I am sick of people asking me the same thing over and over again . You say you knew mom well if you meet mom you should know better then to keep going on about H .

Hey Charlie,

Everyone here is just trying to get the truth. Your input is valuable.

But at the same time, I ask if you can put yourself in other peoples' shoes. How many times have we all seen a delusional or unaware family member of perpetrator or victim? Unfortunately, that's common place so I ask if you understand where others come from. If people were take everyone at face value, the world would be a much lesser place. We know it's frustrating for you, but the people without your knowledge have to be objective.

The general belief about Alan until now has been that he was gay and dabbling in **** and H. Debi Marshall even implied Alan and Darko were lovers. His alleged sexuality was spread by the media (who have better access to information than us), so that's all people could go on. Thankfully the objective people on here have kept their minds open and not taken what the media have said for granted.

I don't know about others, but I'm 99% sure Alan (nor NM) were gay. I also now strongly believe he wasn't into the H, and wasn't the kid waiting outside Legal Aid.

We're all just trying to find the truth too. We don't have the benefit of your knowledge and for people to take it at face value - well, that's no different to taking the media at face value that Alan was gay and was dabbling in H.

disclaimer: The question around Alan's sexuality and alleged drug use is only important that it gives a clearer understanding of what happened. As is with, how long he'd known Darko for, and how close they were as friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Charlie,

But at the same time, I ask if you can put yourself in other peoples' shoes. How many times have we all seen a delusional or unaware family member of perpetrator or victim? Unfortunately, that's common place so I ask if you understand where others come from. If people were take everyone at face value, the world would be a much lesser place. We know it's frustrating for you, but the people without your knowledge have to be objective.

The general belief about Alan until now has been that he was gay and dabbling in **** and H. Debi Marshall even implied Alan and Darko were lovers. His alleged sexuality was spread by the media (who have better access to information than us), so that's all people could go on. Thankfully the objective people on here have kept their minds open and not taken what the media have said for granted.

I don't know about others, but I'm 99% sure Alan (nor NM) were gay. I also now strongly believe he wasn't into the H, and wasn't the kid waiting outside Legal Aid.

We're all just trying to find the truth too. We don't have the benefit of your knowledge and for people to take it at face value - well, that's no different to taking the media at face value that Alan was gay and was dabbling in H.

disclaimer: The question around Alan's sexuality and alleged drug use is only important that it gives a clearer understanding of what happened. As is with, how long he'd known Darko for, and how close they were as friends.

I know what people think and as I said I booted Debbi Marshall out of my house not because she said anything about Alan being gay or on h but because she lies and is self centred . I think that is why she went down that track with Alan because I kicked her out of my house . The media will say anything to sell a story and the same with people who write books about it and not talk to the people that know . I can tell you I know more then the cops as they are very closed minded

Hey Charlie,

The general belief about Alan until now has been that he was gay and dabbling in dick and H. Debi Marshall even implied Alan and Darko were lovers. His alleged sexuality was spread by the media (who have better access to information than us), so that's all people could go on. Thankfully the objective people on here have kept their minds open and not taken what the media have said for granted.

That being said I repeatedly told people here that Alan was not in to H and definitely was not gay . What you all don’t get is that he was only one year out of high school and was just a kid and on the dole . He worked on the coke truck when he was 15 after leaving school then stopped when he was still only 15 same 18 mths before he was taken . The dole in 1979 was about $60 a fortnight that’s $30 a week . In 1979 a point of H was about $40 now you tell me how the hell could he be on H or even playing with it when he was paying mom $15 a week then there was smoke and beer and going out aka (footy ) bus and entry and going to night clubs ( the PJs ) in Salisbury . If he was taking H on top of that how ???

That being said I repeatedly told people here that Alan was not in to H and definitely was not gay . What you all don’t get is that he was only one year out of high school and was just a kid and on the dole . He worked on the coke truck when he was 15 after leaving school then stopped when he was still only 15 same 18 mths before he was taken . The dole in 1979 was about $60 a fortnight that’s $30 a week . In 1979 a point of H was about $40 now you tell me how the hell could he be on H or even playing with it when he was paying mom $15 a week then there was smoke and beer and going out aka (footy ) bus and entry and going to night clubs ( the PJs ) in Salisbury . If he was taking H on top of that how ???

PS the gay community where the ones who said the boys were gay to make them look like victims in this not the perpetrators and wanted to look like they were helping when they did not such thing .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back