Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I do not know

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Are you aware and/or surprised at the recent revelations about Colin Manock? There have been calls for a royal commission and if there is, it might impact the findings on your brothers murder.

I don't know how you might feel about that but imagine you might view any progress or shift to be positive?

Deni

Debutant
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
This comment:

Alan was my older brother, we lived in the same room all of Alan’s life . I went to most of the places Alan went and knew all his mates . He was a normal kid and remember he was just a kid . We were from Salisbury not Elizabeth and yes Alan smoked dope and did not like the way it made him feel . Preacher smoked dope a lot but Alan didn’t like it so he would drink beer more then smoke dope . Alan liked to make fun of anything and make people laugh , at times he was a prick and other times he was fun . He smoked cigarettes and was clean personally always washing his hair . I keep telling you that H was not something he would have played with . If you don’t get that then go tell your story’s at parties as I have said it to you now a number of times . Stop the bull and look for the truth . I am sick of people asking me the same thing over and over again . You say you knew mom well if you meet mom you should know better then to keep going on about H .
And this comment:

Well then stop relating what happened to your son to this . We as a family have never been shy of telling each other anything . If you knew mom she was not one to pull punches and we all did not keep things from her . The reason why I put my foot down on you was you have said this secret stuff over and over . What happened to your son is sad and I have understanding of the pain you are in but it is a far cry from what happened here . Your son died from a OD Alan was murdered they are to different things and I knew Alan very well . We slept in the same room for 14 years well just under and spent a lot of time together talking about everything .
Then this comment:

ncYour son died oe and once only Alan has been killed a million times by what people have said about him in the media and in the streets . Your son took drugs and Alan didn’t like them because of the way it made him feel . Alan liked beer smoked cigarettes and smoked dope a few times . Like I said he was just a kid and what kids do now to what they did back then are two different things . How old was your son ? Alan was 16 going on 17 a kid and in 1979 things were a lot different to even things in the mid 80s . Hich Hiking was something lots of people did back then . My dad would pick up hikers all the time and hiked it back from Queensland once . Things changed after the boys were killed here , everything changed in SA after that .
Are all related to the one comment I made i'm guessing?
I like to be able to defend myself and don't think I deserve all of this.
Especially this part, "I am sick of people asking me the same thing over and over again . You say you knew mom well if you meet mom you should know better then to keep going on about H."
I have never mentioned Alan on H to your mother.

And this comment:
"I like to be able to defend myself and don't think I deserve all of this.
Especially this part, "I am sick of people asking me the same thing over and over again . You say you knew mom well if you meet mom you should know better then to keep going on about H."
I haven't asked you the same thing over and over again

"John I have never mentioned Alan on H. Only in that one post"
And you said this, "The reason I put my foot down on you was you said secret stuff over and over and over", what secret stuff?
I related to my son once, and he didn't only die once, he dies every time myself, my daughter and his father think about him!
I don't see what my sons age has anything to do with this but he was 33 when he very painfully passed away, which was in part due to a beating he received a week before. And you can't compare deaths!!

And one more thing, and I say this in respect of your father, may he R.I.P.
The first time I met Judy, your mother, she was very gracious and she spoke a lot about your father, and hated all wars, especially the Vietnam war. She was still devastated over his death quite early in the Vietnam war, At least I think it was Vietnam, it could have any of the wars back in that time. He was young when he signed up for duty or was drafted, I think the draft was still going back then?
Anyway up above you said, "your dad would pick up hikers all the time and hiked it back from Queensland once", but from what your mum told me and my partner that first day we met, your dad had died in the war.
I'm just wondering what his timeline was, that is all, i'm NOT acusing you of lying, i'm just curious!

John Barnes

Debutant
Nov 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
This comment:

And this comment:

Then this comment:

And this comment:

And you said this, "The reason I put my foot down on you was you said secret stuff over and over and over", what secret stuff?
I related to my son once, and he didn't only die once, he dies every time myself, my daughter and his father think about him!
I don't see what my sons age has anything to do with this but he was 33 when he very painfully passed away, which was in part due to a beating he received a week before. And you can't compare deaths!!

The first time I met Judy, your mother, she was very gracious and she spoke a lot about your father, and hated all wars, especially the Vietnam war. She was still devastated over his death quite early in the Vietnam war, At least I think it was Vietnam, it could have any of the wars back in that time. He was young when he signed up for duty or was drafted, I think the draft was still going back then?
Anyway up above you said, "your dad would pick up hikers all the time and hiked it back from Queensland once", but from what your mum told me and my partner that first day we met, your dad had died in the war.
I'm just wondering what his timeline was, that is all, i'm NOT acusing you of lying, i'm just curious!
Dad died in 1990 from the war . The big c got him from that crap the yanks sprayed over Vietnam. He was 19 and went to korea and fort in all the Asia wars . He did not die over there . Note I did tell you this before.

John Barnes

Debutant
Nov 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
This comment:

And this comment:

Then this comment:

And this comment:

Now as a reply to the rest you have stated more the 5 times kids keep things from there moms and dads . Yes they do and in your comments you insinuate Alan was on drugs and so I have told you no Alan was not on hard drugs then you made the insinuation again and again . Look at what you have posted , reread it then you will see why I have said what I said . People hear what they want to hear not what was said

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad