Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

During the 1960s 70s 80s... there have been numerous paedophile gangs operating in Adelaide. The men would target government agencies who were supposed to be protecting boys - the peds would knock on the door Friday night and take a boy or two for a 'weekend treat'. Come Sunday night the boys would be returned - often suffering the affects of drugs and anus injuries. Look no further than Ric Marshall the former tv childrens show presenter. He and his sidekick - Sammy the Seagull have been found guilty of numerous charges relating to raping boys..... There is substantial evidence that Government agencies knew what was going on.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-13/former-tv-entertainer-sentenced-for-sex-offences/4425734

I recently came across the case via the docu CA on youtube, thru my avid interest in true crime. First just disgusted, second can't imagine or understand the true depth to which this is so out of control and obviously being covered up, third thanks to all of you I now have 15 open tabs to links provided for further research. I am from the USA and we have no shortage of sickos here but I believe this is the most depraved thing I have ever encountered. As someone else stated, I too had to take several breaks watching the CA show it was just so heartbreaking to hear of a child/ young person having to leave the world in such a way.
Can't wait to read up more so as not to just throw out idle speculation I would truly like to understand and hopefully they will find and hold accountable ALL these sick individuals, because I also believe there is no way VE carried all this out alone.
Am curious tho, why would anyone who could get a lesser sentence take the rap for sooo many.
Also, I thought it was said in the CA episode, mr b was offered full immunity....why and how when he clearly should have and could have given up more and death location and since he didn't he should have been charged as an accomplice no???
Off to tab land, thanks for havin me and for all the info

I recently came across the case via the docu CA on youtube, thru my avid interest in true crime. First just disgusted, second can't imagine or understand the true depth to which this is so out of control and obviously being covered up, third thanks to all of you I now have 15 open tabs to links provided for further research. I am from the USA and we have no shortage of sickos here but I believe this is the most depraved thing I have ever encountered. As someone else stated, I too had to take several breaks watching the CA show it was just so heartbreaking to hear of a child/ young person having to leave the world in such a way.
Can't wait to read up more so as not to just throw out idle speculation I would truly like to understand and hopefully they will find and hold accountable ALL these sick individuals, because I also believe there is no way VE carried all this out alone.
Am curious tho, why would anyone who could get a lesser sentence take the rap for sooo many.
Also, I thought it was said in the CA episode, mr b was offered full immunity....why and how when he clearly should have and could have given up more and death location and since he didn't he should have been charged as an accomplice no???
Should watch 'bodies in the barrels' next on Crime investigation Australia.

Should have lived here during that period. One day, around '83 me and a cousin walked to a near by pinball parlour (Aurthur Street Amusements for anyone in the Tranmere/Magill area) without telling our folks. We were gone maybe an hour and a half tops. The panic and anger in my old mans voice and my uncles both earned us a hiding. It was really a worrying time for parents.
Are you familiar with the Wineville Chicken coup murders?

Should have lived here during that period. One day, around '83 me and a cousin walked to a near by pinball parlour (Aurthur Street Amusements for anyone in the Tranmere/Magill area) without telling our folks. We were gone maybe an hour and a half tops. The panic and anger in my old mans voice and my uncles both earned us a hiding. It was really a worrying time for parents.

Bet it was. Wouldn't have let my son out of my sight. Pretty appalling that the scum have not been brought to justice.

Bet it was. Wouldn't have let my son out of my sight. Pretty appalling that the scum have not been brought to justice.

Funny thing was our parents, mine and my friends, had no problem with us walking to school without adults around. The school was pretty close to home but as i said in another thread Bev lived in the area not that my olds would have known that but in hindsight...

Should watch 'bodies in the barrels' next on Crime investigation Australia.
I recently found links to the bodies in the barrels and one other, upon loading within a minute it said page no longer available and something strange like please erase tab and something else, it kinda weirded me out. How can these ppl involved censor the internet and search engines

I bet, no not familiar...heree i go googling and youtubing

even on youtube vids have been pulled or are chopped into a dozen 3 minute vids
Been looking for beaumont children and wineville chicken coup murders

Ok, so finished a coiple reads on the beaumont case....to me it's strange to connect VE to them. Of course i hear there may be a pic from the day that puts him there, however have not found that anywhere. Also, they were 3 girls...he was into boys/young men.
And the sketch of who they say was involved looks nothing like VE, so i don't get the comnection. Then there's the fact that he needed help gettin one young man into a scenario how would he have gotten 3 children to go with him without a fight.
Ok also used the link for wineville murders, wikipedia. Interesting but was pretty open and shut and very mild compared to some of this other stuff.
Now i do still have 15 tabs of stuff open i can't even remember what they all go to now lol but i have found a youtube channel for episodes of CA, so I'm off to clear those from my list. Still finding family stuff and now my questions about that are, the diary writer...died
One of the trannies who talked...died
And can't remember names but 2 others...died
That is all it says, so wondering and trying to find how all these connected people "died". Was or could of been the drugs, old age, maybe the lifestyle...aids/hiv
Orrr were they helped along in their demise. Honna need to go back, take down names and research maybe reports or just articles on causes of death, hmmm any public obits??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correction, the Beaumont children were TWO girls and a BOY.

BSVE is third from left. Now to be clear it has never been proven conclusively that it is he.

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2012/01/25/1226253/428190-beaumont.jpg

One of the Trannies was the brother of an Olympic cyclist, Turtur. Incidentally, another Turtur, who lived across from my place growing up was convicted of multiple rape/pedo charges of some young girls. The mofo used to come over our house often as his ex wife and my mum were friends and my brother baby sat his business partners kids (they had a fruit and veg shop at Sefton Plaza).

BSVE is third from left. Now to be clear it has never been proven conclusively that it is he.

One of the Trannies was the brother of an Olympic cyclist, Turtur. Incidentally, another Turtur, who lived across from my place growing up was convicted of multiple rape/pedo charges of some young girls. The mofo used to come over our house often as his ex wife and my mum were friends and my brother baby sat his business partners kids (they had a fruit and veg shop at Sefton Plaza).
Creepy, finding out something like that later isn't it? Wow. I was 13 and had gone on some dates with a kid whom i later found out was the nephew of Bob Berdella. That is probably the worst case I know of locally...sorry i didn't think to include a link to him.
Thank you for all the info, i swear i haven't gotten sleep in days it's just so interesting. Still no mentions on the deaths of the ppl involved in giving info in faamily case, still scouring that too tho
You would think even their family members would have something to say

See the resemblance, and he looks totally out of place with the other gentlemen, a lil weird.

Creepy, finding out something like that later isn't it? Wow. I was 13 and had gone on some dates with a kid whom i later found out was the nephew of Bob Berdella. That is probably the worst case I know of locally...sorry i didn't think to include a link to him.
Thank you for all the info, i swear i haven't gotten sleep in days it's just so interesting. Still no mentions on the deaths of the ppl involved in giving info in faamily case, still scouring that too tho
You would think even their family members would have something to say

You're welcome. The Kansas city Butcher, will have a read.
For a long while, and for whatever reason, BSVE maintained he would "talk" after his mum passed away. Well she did a few years ago and he never "talked". You need to get hold of the book "Young Blood", ebay/amazon. If i could find my copy i'd post it to ya.

http://www.harpercollins.com.au/9780732269135/young-blood-the-story-of-the-family-murders

Last edited:
Been rerouted lately, all kinds of dif true crime...but going to library today gonna see if they have that book that was suggested,young blood
Happy researching

even on youtube vids have been pulled or are chopped into a dozen 3 minute vids
Been looking for beaumont children and wineville chicken coup murders

Not sure if you have seen this. Wineville Chicken coop murder's video.

The person photographed looks like VE but has been proven to be another person.
The Missing Beaumont children book - m Madigan has information about how an expert from the UK did a study on the picture.

I can remember walking from a party near Aquinas College, North Adelaide in the early 80s - a car pulled up along side me - 3 men and an attractive woman. They asked me if I could direct them to the Arkaba Hotel - which was strange - they were way off course. I was shitting myself after... it was an era in Adelaide when you had to be careful.

One of the suspects was a magistrate "Brown". He died a number of years ago. A family member of mine looked after him in the hospital when he was on his death bed, and the people who visited him were mind blowing.

Another is a well known (not so much now) hairdresser, may well be dead now as well.

Everyone here knows the names.

Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back