Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

31 Ward St is confirmed.

I don't know how I knew that but that where I always thought they lived.

I remember years ago (early 2000's) while I was searching for info on the case online I came across a local council document that had mentioned the Kelvins residing at 31 Ward Street. Other than that I've never seen the address given anywhere else.

Important!

hi, don’t forget that russian site has deliberate fabrications and deliberate errors so that the author can tell if his work is used elsewhere. So it’s supposed to have certain ‘facts’ incorrect ... worth pointing that out to charlie... but i agree, when you take out the deliberately false parts there is a lot more info than most people have about the cases...
The Stogneff family were from the border of Russia and Mongolia. This Russian interest.

It wouldn't be the first time a suppressed person's details have slipped out, what's surprising given Mr. R spent quite a bit of money fighting Debi Marshall's efforts to have the orders covering him lifted, is that he hasn't noticed the AUSTLII document.

With the recent CSK trial, we saw a couple of slips.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what was the recent CSK trial? CSK?

Dell43 I've followed Peppertree Lane on street view and there are solid fences and there is no apparent pathway through. Could have been different back then of course. Or he walked through private property.
I have just had a walk around the flats. From the front there is a concrete path that seems to allow access to Peppertree Lane but looks like there is a gate restricting access. Not sure if gate was there in 1983.
wardstreet_7.PNG

Are we thinking that Richard was on his way home and had an exchange with the occupants in the car that eventually took him, that he changed course to avoid them but they chased him down into narrower, residential back streets?
It's a possible explanation floated by Deni to explain how he could have ended up being taken on cnr Margaret/Peppertree. I think the general consensus is that the location in that media report is incorrect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks quite young there and again, good teeth. Not what I'd expect to see with heavy drug use.
We don't know that much about their drug use. We know Pru became a heroin addict later on but don't know when this started. We know BVE would go over there and get the party started with Mandrax. We know Turtur told us that he was doing "everything" back then. But how can that be trusted? We don't know anything about Gant's drug use. Even people on H don't have rotting teeth in their 20s. The rotting teeth thing is 15+ years sort of thing.

This thread does make me flashback to things I haven't thought about in nearly 40 years.

Even though I've read posts about antique clocks up the thread, I've just remembered visiting an older gay guy probably around 1984 who had a house full of antique clocks. He would be dead now as he was probably 60 back then. He had a young teenage boy living there with him who I presumed he may have offered a roof to. The teenager was very effeminate, may well have been under-18, and it would have been pretty obvious to his parents he was gay so there may have been good reason he wanted to escape. He later became (at least) a drag queen.

I later found out that the older guy used to pay young guys cash to take nude photos of them in his home.

I'm certainly not saying the old guy was anything to do with the murders, but he may well have known Clocker quite well. Funny the things you suddenly remember from a lifetime ago. I'd remembered the fact he took nude photos (I have one in my old photo collection) but had completely forgotten about all his clocks.

I have some information that may be able to pin point the location where RK was abducted but first need to cross check some facts. Does anyone have a link to check SA marriages from 1982 onwards?

Does anyone have a link to check SA marriages from 1982 onwards?

There are virtually no searchable official birth/deaths/marriages databases (in any state) online from so recent a time. You are lucky to be able to get data from as recently as 1960.

There are virtually no searchable official birth/deaths/marriages databases (in any state) online from so recent a time. You are lucky to be able to get data from as recently as 1960.
Would the State Library have them?

This guy is guessing a bit but it's an interesting look at the surrounds.

The guy on the video said it was around 6-6.30 in the evening and it would have been dark.
Correct me if i'm wrong but daylight saving was in force at that time, June 5th, from around April until October
so it would have still been full daylight?

The guy on the video said it was around 6-6.30 in the evening and it would have been dark.
Correct me if i'm wrong but daylight saving was in force at that time, June 5th, from around April until October
so it would have still been full daylight?
Daylight saving in SA is from October to April, at 6pm in June it would of been dark. VBE and his crew must of noticed Richard and his friend earlier in the day and stalked them. Richard was alone when his friend got on the bus which gave them the opportunity to strike.

This thread does make me flashback to things I haven't thought about in nearly 40 years.

Even though I've read posts about antique clocks up the thread, I've just remembered visiting an older gay guy probably around 1984 who had a house full of antique clocks. He would be dead now as he was probably 60 back then. He had a young teenage boy living there with him who I presumed he may have offered a roof to. The teenager was very effeminate, may well have been under-18, and it would have been pretty obvious to his parents he was gay so there may have been good reason he wanted to escape. He later became (at least) a drag queen.

I later found out that the older guy used to pay young guys cash to take nude photos of them in his home.

I'm certainly not saying the old guy was anything to do with the murders, but he may well have known Clocker quite well. Funny the things you suddenly remember from a lifetime ago. I'd remembered the fact he took nude photos (I have one in my old photo collection) but had completely forgotten about all his clocks.

What were you doing there?

Daylight saving in SA is from October to April, at 6pm in June it would of been dark. VBE and his crew must of noticed Richard and his friend earlier in the day and stalked them. Richard was alone when his friend got on the bus which gave them the opportunity to strike.
Thanks, I got it arse about LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back