Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

JezMez

Senior List
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have some information that may be able to pin point the location where RK was abducted but first need to cross check some facts. Does anyone have a link to check SA marriages from 1982 onwards?
I just re-read this part of Young Blood

• RK and Carl walked up Ward and turned right at O'Connell. Bus stop is 34 O'Connell.
  • Cops did a door knock the next day down Ward St assuming this was his route home. No leads
  • Another day later they widened the search. Someone in Margaret St heard something that sounded like an abduction. This was at 6:15pm (it was dark)
  • O'Brien says if this info is correct then he was abducted 50m from his home.

Even though the ear witness was in Margaret St, it puts the most likely point of abduction on Ward St near the intersection of Margaret.

Dell43

Rookie
Dec 31, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just re-read this part of Young Blood

• RK and Carl walked up Ward and turned right at O'Connell. Bus stop is 34 O'Connell.
  • Cops did a door knock the next day down Ward St assuming this was his route home. No leads
  • Another day later they widened the search. Someone in Margaret St heard something that sounded like an abduction. This was at 6:15pm (it was dark)
  • O'Brien says if this info is correct then he was abducted 50m from his home.

Even though the ear witness was in Margaret St, it puts the most likely point of abduction on Ward St near the intersection of Margaret.
Police had 4 witnesses, 2 on Ward st. and others on Margaret st. Still unclear exactly where abduction was.

Further to my earlier post (2078) in either February or March 1993 a friend told me his partner was a police witness in the RK case. He told me she heard the abduction and also provided a description of the car used. He told me that police found the car which was sold after the abduction and the boot had been re-painted. Young Blood was published in 2002 and confirms the story about the car but I was expecting the author to expand on the information this witness provided however there was no new information. I assumed is was a case of police keeping information to themselves so they can check future witness statements. I'm still trying to find the address of this witness which I'm hoping will pin-point location of RK abduction.

privacypolicy

Draftee
May 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How sure are that it's Storen? I think it's likely to be Storen but can't see a link between Storen and the Family. Another name mentioned is a Charles Barnett, but Storen is a better fit.
Read this pls

JezMez

Senior List
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad