Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

John Barnes, thank you so much for your input and bravery here. I'm trusting you in that you could be just anyone, as in an impostor poster here for the wrong reasons.

Since you've raised issues with the online book, l must say I'm also with you regarding the content.
I've read it twice and there's no new info there we didn't already know. I've been a bit hesitant to say this as l believe the authors are here, but it's actually very badly written, poorly edited of grammatical and spelling errors and is
very repetitive. There are inaccuracies and conclusions drawn which just muddy the waters. These things reduce credibility for me.

John, just given the information you know, do you believe there were more murders of young men before and after those we are already aware of?

I believe it’s just the 5 boys .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

John Barnes, thank you so much for your input and bravery here. I'm trusting you in that you could be just anyone, as in an impostor poster here for the wrong reasons.

Since you've raised issues with the online book, l must say I'm also with you regarding the content.
I've read it twice and there's no new info there we didn't already know. I've been a bit hesitant to say this as l believe the authors are here, but it's actually very badly written, poorly edited of grammatical and spelling errors and is
very repetitive. There are inaccuracies and conclusions drawn which just muddy the waters. These things reduce credibility for me.

John, just given the information you know, do you believe there were more murders of young men before and after those we are already aware of?

There is a reason why people who want to write a book don’t came to me for information . Not because I find it too painful to talk about it’s because I ask then to give the profits to the victims families or use it to make a monorail for the boys . They all don’t contact me after that . That why I say it’s all crap . They don’t know the real story and the truth . I don’t just speak for Alan I speak for all the boys . If you think I am not who I say I am my nickname to my rellies is Charlie. Why and not John ? My dads name is John so they called me by my middle name which was my grandpa name on my mothers side .

Who remembers the police interview on 60 minutes. The detective saying, the police were taking action "to break up the happy family".

They may have broken them up! But didnt throw enough of them in jail. Basically letting all of the victims families down.

It stopped more kids (young lads ) getting killed . I know who they all are and they know I know. That in itself scared the crap out of them. I would hate for anyone to go through what we did so to me it’s a good thing. Kippers tried his best , one of the good cops in this . I still remind the coppers to this day that they messed it up at the start and say “ 4 boys “ and hold up 4 fingers . Alan was the first and nothing out said of Harry Salisbury files could have saved him but they were told who killed Alan on the Tuesday and let it go !!!!!

John Barnes was Alan targeted by BvE (who would at least have known him from coke deliveries, and possibly by Alan being seen out and about with Darko), was he set up (eg by Darko) or was it just a horrible coincidence that BvE picked him up, realised Alan could identify him, and therefore needed to get rid of him?

I know Gambardella was telling the truth as he had something shoved up his noise and he was standing in a puddle and it was not raining . He pissed his pants!!! I am a nice person now but I was not very nice when I fronted his ! Get the picture

I was of the understanding that the case against Szach for murdering Stevenson had never been considered as connected to the murder of Alan and that Gambardella fled the country as soon as the charges of accessory were dropped.

Did you have your own suspicions at some point that they might have been connected?

There's a few references on a google search but I can't find the 60 Mins segment, it might be interesting to have a look at that again.
I've searched for that 60 mins episode too, no luck unfortunately, lots of old episodes on 9now just not that one

Last edited:
I've searched that 60 mins episode too, not luck unfortunately, lots of old episodes on 9now just not that one

Ch9 sold their CIA doccies which included the Family Murders and the Beaumont Children etc to Ch7 and a lot of the old stuff is being removed across hosting platforms. 60 Mins is with Ch9 so I wonder if it might have something to do with that.

I was of the understanding that the case against Szach for murdering Stevenson had never been considered as connected to the murder of Alan and that Gambardella fled the country as soon as the charges of accessory were dropped.
I thought that too. Szach should have kept his mouth shut to Debbie Marshall in her show Frozen Lies, in the end after meeting with BVE and going to Italy to meet with Gambardella she told him to his face that she thought he was guilty of Stevensons murder, he was hoping she would clear his name!

I'm guessing everyone here has seen Frozen Lies, a show made for Foxtel by Debbie Marshall?
That can be watched on YouTube..

I thought that too. Szach should have kept his mouth shut to Debbie Marshall in her show Frozen Lies, in the end after meeting with BVE and going to Italy to meet with Gambardella she told him to his face that she thought he was guilty of Stevensons murder, he was hoping she would clear his name!

I'm guessing everyone here has seen Frozen Lies, a show made for Foxtel by Debbie Marshall?
That can be watched on YouTube..

Most of us have seen it and it was pretty good but I think the podcast was even better.

I think Debi might have held a few things back that I'm hoping will be in her book.

I think Debi was hamstrung by legalities. She skirted around the edge of things - e.g. Darko. I too hope her book is more thorough.

John Barnes was Alan targeted by BvE (who would at least have known him from coke deliveries, and possibly by Alan being seen out and about with Darko), was he set up (eg by Darko) or was it just a horrible coincidence that BvE picked him up, realised Alan could identify him, and therefore needed to get rid of him?

I believe all the boys could identify him in same way . ML and PS knew his brother as a teacher Alan from coke delivery . NM was killed because they thought he went to the cops and RK because it was big news as soon as he went missing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you have your own suspicions at some point that they might have been connected?

It is that Stevenson know bve . That’s the only connection

Most of us have seen it and it was pretty good but I think the podcast was even better.

I think Debi might have held a few things back that I'm hoping will be in her book.

I kicked her out of my house . She is a egotistical tosser who to me is a O2 thief . My sister wanted to go on tv so she talked to her but no one else did . He book will be more about her then what happened.

Not off hand. I remember she said she tracked him down but he didn’t want anything to do with it, and he goes by the name Dario now.

Would have to listen to the podcast again when I have time.

They're calling the young guy that was with Gambardella when they picked up Szach for a Friday night soiree with David Szach the first time 'Joe' otherwise known as Darko Kastelan.

Darko is mentioned in Ep 6.

Chief Justice Bray got a mention that I must have missed the first time for referring someone to Gambardella for a back problem and Gambardella molested him. Ep 6 15.20.

There is a Dario Kastelan on Facebook, set to private. No info just one scenic picture.
There is an ABN from 2000 under Darko Kastelan which looks to be inactive from 2013

Postcode in the Cove area south of Adelaide
Calls himself Dario now, he's a tiler that still lives in Adelaide.

I can't find the whole series, do you have a link Deni?
I remember seeing the links in one of my groups but for the life of me I can't find them, but i'm asking around..
Do you happen to have Foxtel, it's on Demand over there...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back