Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could Ahern have been the Coroner in Alan's case Charlie?

There's a court document here, it's a judgement on the admissability of evidence and mentions similar fact.

On Richard Kelvin's death, there was evidence of anal injury but it couldn't be determined if that injury was made pre or post mortem. So they couldn't say if he died of massive blood loss or not.

It has Colin Manock as conducting Alan's autopsy.

64. The final
matter concerns an objection taken to the leading in evidence
of the results of analyses of samples which, according to the Crown
case, were
taken from Barnes' body. The post-mortem of the deceased Barnes was performed
by Dr Manock on 24th June, 1979. Evidence
of the taking of these samples and
their subsequent analysis was given both at the preliminary examination and at
the hearing before
me. Constable Barrington assisted the Coroner at the
post-mortem examination and he took possession of five samples which were
described
in a form completed the day after the examination as "Stomach
contents, Urine, Liver, Bile and Blood". There is evidence that these
samples were handed over to Mr Lokan, then a senior analyst with the South
Australian Government Department of Chemistry, on 25th
June, 1979.

Could Ahern have been the Coroner in Alan's case Charlie?

There's a court document here, it's a judgement on the admissability of evidence and mentions similar fact.

On Richard Kelvin's death, there was evidence of anal injury but it couldn't be determined if that injury was made pre or post mortem. So they couldn't say if he died of massive blood loss or not.

It has Colin Manock as conducting Alan's autopsy.

64. The final
matter concerns an objection taken to the leading in evidence
of the results of analyses of samples which, according to the Crown
case, were
taken from Barnes' body. The post-mortem of the deceased Barnes was performed
by Dr Manock on 24th June, 1979. Evidence
of the taking of these samples and
their subsequent analysis was given both at the preliminary examination and at
the hearing before
me. Constable Barrington assisted the Coroner at the
post-mortem examination and he took possession of five samples which were
described
in a form completed the day after the examination as "Stomach
contents, Urine, Liver, Bile and Blood". There is evidence that these
samples were handed over to Mr Lokan, then a senior analyst with the South
Australian Government Department of Chemistry, on 25th
June, 1979.

Manock did the toxicology report on Alan’s autopsy and assisted Ahern . James assisted as well in Alan’s autopsy .

Manock did the toxicology report on Alan’s autopsy and assisted Ahern . James assisted as well in Alan’s autopsy .

I think Ahern was the State Coroner, is it usual in South Australia for the Coroner to be hands on in an autopsy? No real idea here.

I think Ahern was the State Coroner, is it usual in South Australia for the Coroner to be hands on in an autopsy? No real idea here.
According to the below Kevin Ahern was a partner in a law firm when he was appointed as coroner.

The Coroner isn’t a medically trained role, but more in line with a judge or magistrate. They don’t participate in autopsies as far as I know.

C753CEEA-0362-4CD7-AA8C-9DE3C0E628EB.png

According to the below Kevin Ahern was a partner in a law firm when he was appointed as coroner.

The Coroner isn’t a medically trained role, but more in line with a judge or magistrate. They don’t participate in autopsies as far as I know.

View attachment 1033028

From the inquest he said he was head of the autopsy now I couldn’t tell you if he used a knife or not but in this case he was there running the show .

I hope I have been same help in all this and wish you all the best . If you want to know more or have same questions pm me . Anything you ask you can post but that’s it for me . You have put most of it all together well and you can see how it all happened and who did this . The victims were the only ones helped for more then a day or two the rest were let go with days . This group of things should have all been changed but the cops let them go for same reason . Anyway good luck and wish you all the best .
Thanks
John c Barnes

I hope I have been same help in all this and wish you all the best . If you want to know more or have same questions pm me . Anything you ask you can post but that’s it for me . You have put most of it all together well and you can see how it all happened and who did this . The victims were the only ones helped for more then a day or two the rest were let go with days . This group of things should have all been changed but the cops let them go for same reason . Anyway good luck and wish you all the best .
Thanks
John c Barnes

Thank you Charlie you've cleared quite a lot up for us, we hope to see you back and remember you're welcome any time.

All the best.

It changed south Australia forever and the way people were with there kids . No longer was it safe for your kids to go to the playground around the corner from your house , no longer did people let there kids walk to school without them , no longer did you feel safe in your home . This is how it changed everything.
Although I have no doubt that these terrible murders had some effect on parents, but it was in 1966 when the Beaumont children were taken from Glenelg beach that changed the whole state.
We used to be let out to roam and be home by the time the street lights went on, that changed after those 3 kiddies were kidnapped, never to be seen again :'(

Still amazes me though if the intent was to kill him the whole time that BVE still indulged in his "shoving large objects up the backside" fetish with NM. Real strange way to finish someone off if you're trying to kill them. Unless it was a payback thing - do it to NM cause he supposedly blabbed to the cops about what happened to Alan
In my personal opinion, I think he did it that way because it was a massive turn on for him, to watch the suffering, the pure agony of those poor kids..
I also think that most of them were just thrill kills, I say just, but I can't think of another word to use.
BVE was a sick mofo, as were some of his friends and I believe they picked kids off the streets, hitchhikers and the like, took them to wherever and tortured them to death, after raping them with objects.
It makes me sick to my stomach to say that but that is what I believe, sorry that doesn't fly with anyone else here!

You’re welcome. For the record, some of us are *gasp* not gents :)

Thanks, erring on the side of politeness...Another quick question , anyone know who's nickname was " Clocker" and was Mr R's long time employee and boyfriend. Apparently Mr R has a new young lover..

In my personal opinion, I think he did it that way because it was a massive turn on for him, to watch the suffering, the pure agony of those poor kids..
I also think that most of them were just thrill kills, I say just, but I can't think of another word to use.
BVE was a sick mofo, as were some of his friends and I believe they picked kids off the streets, hitchhikers and the like, took them to wherever and tortured them to death, after raping them with objects.
It makes me sick to my stomach to say that but that is what I believe, sorry that doesn't fly with anyone else here!

BVE no doubt sick bloke.
That is what everyone wants you to think...
It’s easy..
Only reason BVE was implicated was on the testimony of a junkie....
Things definitely went sideways for him, the guy that visited him in Yatala has also been suppressed...and it’s not Mr R.

My post wasn't directed to you Deni and I was suggesting we move on from the topic of Alan and speculation around his personal drug use. There's no evidence he used drugs anything harder than a bit of marijuana on the odd.

I guess if Manock oversaw the toxicology testing then any chance of hard evidence of other drugs may have been 'overlooked' especially considering what we know about his questionable appointment and findings in other high profile cases in SA history.

On another note, something that has left me questioning the suggested motives is why Alan was murdered which started this whole chain of events. Charlie suggests it was because he could identify BVE but if you look at the supposed scenario of Alan hitch hiking on Grand Junction rd and BVE pulling over to pick him up, at that moment in time there has been no crime committed, BVE could have recognised an issue with taking Alan due to their prior knowledge of each other and simply given him a lift before resuming his hunt.
I find it difficult to believe that he just decided that because their paths crossed on that day he had no choice other than drug Alan and subsequently murder him to cover that when he could have moved on to someone else.
Dont get me wrong, BVE has issues, but to just decide to escelate to murder simply because a hitch hiker recognises you seems extreme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On another note, something that has left me questioning the suggested motives is why Alan was murdered which started this whole chain of events. Charlie suggests it was because he could identify BVE but if you look at the supposed scenario of Alan hitch hiking on Grand Junction rd and BVE pulling over to pick him up, at that moment in time there has been no crime committed, BVE could have recognised an issue with taking Alan due to their prior knowledge of each other and simply given him a lift before resuming his hunt.
I find it difficult to believe that he just decided that because their paths crossed on that day he had no choice other than drug Alan and subsequently murder him to cover that when he could have moved on to someone else.
Dont get me wrong, BVE has issues, but to just decide to escelate to murder simply because a hitch hiker recognises you seems extreme.

Many believe it was Derrance Stevenson's murder that started the chain of events, even if we accept it was Szach who killed him.

BVE no doubt sick bloke.
That is what everyone wants you to think...
It’s easy..
Only reason BVE was implicated was on the testimony of a junkie....
Things definitely went sideways for him, the guy that visited him in Yatala has also been suppressed...and it’s not Mr R.

What are you saying? Someone put Mr B up to making a statement?

Mr B called police within 2 days of Alan being found. The stuff he told police matched other people's versions. He knew stuff that police were able to verify.

Are you saying you know the identity of this "mystery person" who visited him in Yatala?

About the ebook......

At this point we roughly know who the main players are;

BVE
Mr R
SGW
Mr B
The TGs - Firman, Turtur, Novak, Brook, Miss K, Brian Gant
DSD
RDB

We know SA Police released a statement and they considered the 3 main suspects (apart from convicted BVE) are;

Mr R
SGW
Mr B

The ebook also names other suspects - Peejay, Jacquie, Clocker, Mr R's long term partner, and Manock. That's not even counting the suspects allegedly involved in PS's abduction.

Questions
How can the ebook have such a different version?
If SGW is in the top 3 suspects then Police must think he did some of the cutting. Why does the ebook think Manock is the cutter?

Denzel's crib.

If Denis had his own half of the house, why did he need to rent a unit with BVE as per rumours? It hasn't been confirmed has it?

IMO Denis St Denis got hauled into this because BVE had his hair coloured and cut the day after Richard Kelvin disappeared. BVE's cut hair was found on the inside of Richard's clothes.

When it was noticed after the autopsy that it looked like Richard's hair hadn't grown, the talk then became that he must have had a haircut and voila! Must have been Denis St Denis!

That's really extra creepy, Richard had a head injury it's thought compromised his breathing, was drugged to the eyeballs where he probably couldn't even sit up straight and bounced off the walls but .. let's give him a really professional haircut.

If Denis had his own half of the house, why did he need to rent a unit with BVE as per rumours? It hasn't been confirmed has it?

The front part was used as his place of employment not his residence wasn’t it? The description as two self contained residences was from a 2014 sale. The property had changed hands at least a couple of times in the 90’s as well. Who knows how much remodelling was done after St Denis moved out.

IMO Denis St Denis got hauled into this because BVE had his hair coloured and cut the day after Richard Kelvin disappeared. BVE's cut hair was found on the inside of Richard's clothes.

When it was noticed after the autopsy that it looked like Richard's hair hadn't grown, the talk then became that he must have had a haircut and voila! Must have been Denis St Denis!

That's really extra creepy, Richard had a head injury it's thought compromised his breathing, was drugged to the eyeballs where he probably couldn't even sit up straight and bounced off the walls but .. let's give him a really professional haircut.

1. Privacy. BVE lived with his Mum, Denzel lived with his Mum. From Trevor Peter's diary, there was only a curtain separation Denzel's part of the house from Dot's part of the house.

2. DSD was BVE's oldest close friend. He's always been a suspect and TP's diary shows DSD was not only aware of what was going on, but did rent places with BVE to take young men to.

3. IIRC they thought it had actually been cut.

4. You can't imagine a bunch of gay dudes standing around discussing how good his hair would look with a new cut?

What are you saying? Someone put Mr B up to making a statement?

Mr B called police within 2 days of Alan being found. The stuff he told police matched other people's versions. He knew stuff that police were able to verify.

Are you saying you know the identity of this "mystery person" who visited him in Yatala?

Read the document, it clearly states Mr B approached the police initially but made no reference to AB, as time went on ( as he had more and more interviews with detectives)
There was more drip fed I formation over a 10yr period...
The comment that BVE apparently said ‘do you want to watch me perform surgery on this guy’ utter rubbish’
That was the cops tying to get him for everything!
If I knew about the suppressed identity who visited him in Yatala I would tell you...

Read the document, it clearly states Mr B approached the police initially but made no reference to AB, as time went on ( as he had more and more interviews with detectives)
There was more drip fed I formation over a 10yr period...
The comment that BVE apparently said ‘do you want to watch me perform surgery on this guy’ utter rubbish’
That was the cops tying to get him for everything!
If I knew about the suppressed identity who visited him in Yatala I would tell you...

Wasn't it no reference to Mr R?
Yes, he drip fed, told lies, and then told giant big whoppers (Beaumonts etc)
The surgery comment - I've always felt that was BS.

But there's reasonable explanations.

re suppressed Yatala visitor = how do you know this happened?

1. Privacy. BVE lived with his Mum, Denzel lived with his Mum. From Trevor Peter's diary, there was only a curtain separation Denzel's part of the house from Dot's part of the house.

2. DSD was BVE's oldest close friend. He's always been a suspect and TP's diary shows DSD was not only aware of what was going on, but did rent places with BVE to take young men to.

Proof? Is there any?

3. IIRC they thought it had actually been cut.

From all my reading, there hasn't been one mention of Richard Kelvin's cut hair being found. Why? But BVEs cut hair was.

4. You can't imagine a bunch of gay dudes standing around discussing how good his hair would look with a new cut?

Yeah I can see that but not in circumstances of the celebrity newsreaders son tied to a kitchen chair after being taken from the street.

What I think may have happened is BVEs defence has latched onto the fact that Richard's hair didn't grow and they used it. "He was obviously fine in the weeks he was missing because he had a haircut! Probably when he was seen in the Rundle Mall!" The prosecution hoped they wouldn't notice it.

But the jury doesn't care. They're swayed by the fibre evidence and the tox reports that match up to what was found at BVE's house.

DSD was BVE's oldest close friend. He's always been a suspect and TP's diary shows DSD was not only aware of what was going on, but did rent places with BVE to take young men to.

DSD isn't mentioned being anywhere but for in his salon looking at pics maybe.

Mr. R is though, he's popping up all over and it was Mr. R that was seen by police checking up on BVE at his Mums house.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back