Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

John Barnes

Team Captain
Nov 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I want to give you all a little in-site into how Alan being murder changed everyone who knew him lives . The closest people to him !!!! Preacher: preacher needed a place to live and was on the streets . Mom was one to take in trouble kids and even tho there was 7 of us kids ( 6 living there) mom took in other kids . Preacher was Alan’s friend and needed a place to stay . Alan and preacher meet at the cricket and they had a fight over one taking the others soft drink . The next time they meet the same thing happened and afterwards shook hands and became friends . This was 3 years before Alan died and 6 mth later preacher moved in . Alan said to mom that it was only going to be for a week or 2 , moms reply was look at Roger he was ment to stay a week and 2 years later married Mandy . Alan’s reply to that was he won’t be marring Cherie. Preacher can not talk about it without loosing it to this day . I have already told you all about Phil’s feelings about it all and we who knew Alan best all feel this way . Myself I was a loose cannon for a long time and everyone thought I would have killed and been locked up by now . The things we feel over what happened we could not express to people as they have no understanding so all of us kept it inside us and it still to this day comes out as anger .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Casefile quotes Charlie following on from Detective Superintendent Grant Moyle's appeal to those with knowledge of the murders. Beginning at around 96.10.

It was a sentiment echoed by Alan Barnes's brother Charlie, who said of those responsible 'I would like them to shed the guilt and remorse they must be carrying around and come forward and bring this to a conclusion. I know the police are like bulldogs and will not let go of this. They may well tap you on the shoulder one day.'

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Does anyone know whether the police questioned BVE in regards to PS disappearance?

The fact he was abducted on a school day would of allowed the Police to establish if BVE was present at his work that day.

Surely the Police would have sought alibis from all the high profile names linked to this case, or had the horse already bolted by this stage?

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does anyone know whether the police questioned BVE in regards to PS disappearance?

The fact he was abducted on a school day would of allowed the Police to establish if BVE was present at his work that day.

Surely the Police would have sought alibis from all the high profile names linked to this case, or had the horse already bolted by this stage?

I wonder how that would fit in with Noel Brook supposedly being the abductor if the witness statement was correct and it was PS she saw in the coffee shop. Was Brook building trust with PS so he could take him outside where BVE was waiting? In which case were BVE, Brook and possibly others driving looking for victims and saw Peter walking to Tea Tree Plaza? Or was BVE possibly not even aware of it and Brook instead "went rogue" and took Peter back to his house of his own accord, assuming BVE would be pleased and give him some of his drugs as a reward? In which case BVE could have a solid alibi and still be responsible.

The gone rogue angle raises an interesting possibility to explain why PS was killed, too. Brook lived close to PS so let's just assume he's out and sees PS wagging school going to the shops. He decides he's gonna get in BVE's good books and lure him back to his house and call BVE saying he's got someone. BVE's usual party angle isn't gonna work, especially without BVE being there but if Brook could gain PS's trust he might stand a chance (which could explain why he went to a cafe). So what happens happens and Brook comes back with PS, possibly gives him some pills he had on hand to knock him out and calls BVE. BVE comes over after work and some variation of the following takes place:

BVE: where'd you find him?
NB: at Tea Tree Plaza. I managed to convince him to come back to my place
BVE: you do realise he's in a school uniform right?
NB: ...yes?
BVE: so he knows what you look like, he knows where you live and potentially hundreds of people saw you walking around the shops with this kid in uniform. What do you think is gonna happen when he goes home tomorrow after a night being missing and tells his parents he wagged school and some guy took him from Tea Tree Plaza? You don't think somebody who saw the kid in school uniform in the middle of the day might be able to connect the dots?
NB: oh
BVE: well now we've gotta kill him don't we

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide

So many questions we don't have the answer to but I've got a strong inkling many things were missed.

Once they learned who BVE's network was, did they go back and interview Brook?
Millhouse was acquitted. A few years later BVE was in the gun for 5 murders. Did they go test the grey head hairs to see if they matched Bevans?
And like you say - 2-3 years later they finally had a suspect for PS, did they go and check BVE's work attendance records.

The public may never know this stuff.

John Barnes

Team Captain
Nov 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Casefile quotes Charlie following on from Detective Superintendent Grant Moyle's appeal to those with knowledge of the murders. Beginning at around 96.10.

It was a sentiment echoed by Alan Barnes's brother Charlie, who said of those responsible 'I would like them to shed the guilt and remorse they must be carrying around and come forward and bring this to a conclusion. I know the police are like bulldogs and will not let go of this. They may well tap you on the shoulder one day.'

Yes I remember that
Add note : we were asked to do the interview by the police . I have not been asked to work with anyone from case files at all .

Last edited:

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
A Crimestoppers media release from 2019 has this at the bottom of the page:

"Information received during the investigation indicated that Peter may have been seen with a male adult at Tea Tree Plaza on the day of his disappearance. That male has never been identified."

I'd love to know what definition of "never been identified" they're using. Do they mean the legal sense that they've never been able to prove who it was or are they using it in the literal sense that they have no clue who it is?

It seems almost impossible to me that once they started uncovering BVE's social circle not one person investigating noticed the similarities in the witness statement to Brook yet 40 years later 2 authors just happened to notice. Surely someone at the time had to notice that and interview Brook, even if he denied it was him

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
It seems almost impossible to me that once they started uncovering BVE's social circle not one person investigating noticed the similarities in the witness statement to Brook yet 40 years later 2 authors just happened to notice. Surely someone at the time had to notice that and interview Brook, even if he denied it was him
Don't under estimate the incompetence of Govt Departments.

Raisedeyebrow

Debutant
May 13, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The ebook mentions a butcher several times but doesn't really go anywhere with it. I've seen mention elsewhere of a butcher selling human meat for consumption. (Somewhere in the McIntyre saga maybe?).

But it's a huge leap from that scenario to biting chunks of raw flesh straight off a corpse. I think we'd all remember that if we'd read it before.
Are we just assuming human bite marks? Possibly it may be that Neil’s body parts and other missing organs were fed to an animal. Dog perhaps?

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are we just assuming human bite marks? Possibly it may be that Neil’s body parts and other missing organs were fed to an animal. Dog perhaps?

Fair point, but pathologists would know the difference (hopefully) and it should have been specified in whatever source they used.

Given that a lot of us are all over the public details of these crimes, surely if this info was available we would have heard of it. I’d love to know the source.

John Barnes

Team Captain
Nov 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair point, but pathologists would know the difference (hopefully) and it should have been specified in whatever source they used.

Given that a lot of us are all over the public details of these crimes, surely if this info was available we would have heard of it. I’d love to know the source.

I am going to ask major crime about this . I do think there was something in a paper years ago but it may have been one of Peter harons stories and I think you all know what same of his stories were like .

John Barnes

Team Captain
Nov 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who has seen the reenactment of Alan on grand junction road ? The cops showed a ht Holden not a hq

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Barnes

Team Captain
Nov 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you think you could get the 60 minutes video?

No the one the cops used and showed . It was a ht square tail lights . That is why I said ht before . They only said a white Holden kingswood when talking about it in the voice over but used a ht not a hq . This was back before any of the murders were connected. Very early 80s . I think it was before RK was found but just after he went missing. They knew by then that there was a connection between them all.

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
On the bitemarks, Jessica Forsayeth isn't hard to find but Casefile is on facebook, twitter and instagram.

Have they responded to you yet? Then again, probably have to wait for business hours.

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
That 60 minutes episode is very elusive. Some of us have been trying to find it for years. If anyone has it, please post a link - doesn’t matter how bad the quality is.

Neil Muir was also taken on a school or work day, a Monday and he was found on the Tuesday. Given the similarities in the dismemberments of Stogneff and Muir, I'd like to know a bit more about Didi and confirmation of where he was living when Neil Muir was murdered. I'm thinking it might have been the Alberton address.

I haven't heard much about what Didi did for work but my understanding is that most of the TGs worked in the entertainment industry so their busy days and nights would be towards the end of the week and over the weekend. Their free days in the late 70s would more likely be Sunday through to Thursday.

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
In regards to possible vehicles used in the abductions, couldn‘t the police just simply run checks through department of roads & transport to cross check what vehicle was registered to suspect at the time?

On another of couple of topics in relation to the crimes;

1) On where the bodies were dumped, has there been any discussion whether these were thought to be random locations, or did the perpetrators have some sort of close affinity to each place?

2) Have the police ever been able to definitively establish where the actual act of killing took place?

- We know the evidence is clear that RK was held captive at BVE residence for a period of time but unlikely murdered there given BVEs mum also living there.

- We know for a fact that individuals were routinely taken to Prince St, Alberton to be raped & abused, but could any of the victims at any point of time be physically linked to that address?

- My instinct tells me that the killers would have chosen a more secluded location to perform the horrific dismembering & rough surgical procedure (ML & Muir in particular)

Interestingly the Wikipedia page has been massively cut since a few days ago. All suspects and known associates were listed and now they are not. It only lists the five murder victims.

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Neil Muir was also taken on a school or work day, a Monday and he was found on the Tuesday. Given the similarities in the dismemberments of Stogneff and Muir, I'd like to know a bit more about Didi and confirmation of where he was living when Neil Muir was murdered. I'm thinking it might have been the Alberton address.

I haven't heard much about what Didi did for work but my understanding is that most of the TGs worked in the entertainment industry so their busy days and nights would be towards the end of the week and over the weekend. Their free days in the late 70s would more likely be Sunday through to Thursday.
I believe Peter Stogneff was abducted on a Thursday. Do you know if NM disappeared after business hours or before?

Its much easier to rule in/out those involved in the actual act of the abductions if you can confidently verify where they were at the exact time of day. (Weekends are obviously harder)

Hypothetically speaking, if BVE was definitely at his place of employment on the day PS disappeared, it might open doors to confirming & identifying other key players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back