Unsolved The Family Murders

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who? I can't think of a likely person. Give me a hint please! Mr B? Or someone in BF. Surely some of the suspect's must read this thread. Thoughts...

I dunno how tech-savvy a 75 year old antiques dealer would be but I know he's definitely on the ball when it comes to people leaving online reviews of his business. In the 12 months I've been reading up on this case, I've found myself checking those reviews every couple of weeks and a couple of times I've lucked out and someone's left a review exposing him that usually gets deleted very quickly.

But I wonder how on top of things he is in other areas. I have no idea if he knows what Casefile is but I'd love to know if he does. Or even if he's got mates who might have a word to him. "Hey this really popular true crime podcast just covered the Family, heads up." Just something to put him on edge again. Knowing that in the last few days, thousands of people have heard about what he's supposed to have done and that many of them will be reading into the case a bit more. All the time he's wondering how much they know and if there are any sources or media reports containing his name that he doesn't know about. It's not as satisfying as knowing he's rotting in a prison cell but it is nice to know every now and then he has to keep looking over his shoulder.

Honestly all of them are incredibly lucky von Einem is the Milat-type who chooses to deny his guilt to the end. If I were in von Einem's position knowing I had to spend my remaining 40-50 years in prison I'd just spill everything. Screw em if I'm in here for something you also willingly participated in then you're spending it with me not raking in the dough at your antiques business

John Barnes

Team Captain
Nov 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did bob O’Brien put in his book Alan was going night clubbing a lot in town ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

John Barnes

Team Captain
Nov 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not that I can remember Charlie. Will have a read again tonight or someone else maybe able to confirm.

Cheers cobber . Same told me he did I just want to confirm if he did or not .

EvansHodges77

Senior List
Dec 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep. Imagine his clients over the years who had and have no idea who he is. He's a physio so he's pretty hands on - as in touching people. Not only was Dr Stephen George Woodards charged in 2011 on 5 counts of raping an under 17 year old male in 1982, but police investigated him and his then boyfriend Richard Dutton Brown for drug-spike raping young men in the late 70s and early 80s. Credible publications say Dr Stephen Woodards was known as "Dr Steve" and would spike men's drinks in pubs and then "help" them get home because "they'd had too much to drink". South Australian Police have him as one of 3 major outstanding suspects in The Family murders. Two of the five murdered boys were chopped up. There is speculation this was done by someone with medical knowledge. Four main suspects (close friend Bevan von Einem has already been found guilty), and some medically dissected young men. Given he's one of the three main suspects, it doesn't take a mathematician to work out who South Australian police think cut the boys up. Stephen Woodards is a suspected drug-spike rapist, suspected senior member of "The Family", and being involved in some of the most heinous crimes Australia has ever seen.

To make it worse his practice is directly across the road from a high school...that’s a crime in itself

Rake

Draftee
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Here is same more for you too . After giving evidence that the committal Phil sat with us . You can all ask him who he sat next too . He also remembered what b had said about the meeting in Rundle mull and even said were in the mall it took place . He also remembered that b stated that bve said “ someone talked to the cops “ . One thing Phil also said was he was with me when I went to dr shop during the committal hearing I did not remember him being there at the time but he even told me about the shop so he was with me that day . So as for me so-called getting names off the net and the person saying that is the lier .

I don’t think that a police officer telling BVE that someone talked to the cops means that BVE was deliberately tipped off, or that police were in on it all. People assume that cops are always careful and deliberate when questioning suspects. It’s entirely possible that this meeting did happen, the cop was a bit careless with his words, and that BVE could deduce who had talked to the cops because the cop gave away a bit too much information.

John Barnes

Team Captain
Nov 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don’t think that a police officer telling BVE that someone talked to the cops means that BVE was deliberately tipped off, or that police were in on it all. People assume that cops are always careful and deliberate when questioning suspects. It’s entirely possible that this meeting did happen, the cop was a bit careless with his words, and that BVE could deduce who had talked to the cops because the cop gave away a bit too much information.

Bve gave a statement in august after NM was killed . B gave his statement in 24 of June about Alan . I can’t see the cops waiting 2 months to question him . I think they went to his house looking for him in July and this meeting was to have taken place in mid July . Bve agreed to make a statement after NM was killed in august . I rented my house out and the tenant grow dope in the house, the cops were looking for me and left messages everywhere I had lived for the last 30 years and that was within 2 days of the raid . Now if they would do that over same dope they would have been looking around for him over a murder . I had everyone ring me about it for a week but I had already been in to talk to them about it . Note the tenant went down for it not me .

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
BVE: where'd you find him?
NB: at Tea Tree Plaza. I managed to convince him to come back to my place

There was a beat (public toilet) directly across the road from TTP. Picking someone up 'at TTP' may not actually mean in the shopping centre itself...

Cendrillon

Draftee
Feb 22, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have to laugh when they refer to Mr R as a wealthy businessman. If you saw his shop and what he sold you would not come to that conclusion.

Yes, indeed, however the house he lives in not too far away is significantly more impressive. Is there any proof this home is owned by his partner rather than himself? Can you imagine being in a relationship with someone apparently connected to these grim affairs?

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes, indeed, however the house he lives in not too far away is significantly more impressive. Is there any proof this home is owned by his partner rather than himself? Can you imagine being in a relationship with someone apparently connected to these grim affairs?

Can confirm the house is owned by his partner

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just finished watching the case file episode

With police tagging the group “the family” suggests police thought, there was kind of structure to it.
A normal family consists of an elder male and an elder female and their offspring.
I guess, you can assume one of the elder transgender men were considered the mother.

A few question arise-
Who was the father figure of the group?
Where would BVE be placed in the group?

With all the chatter in the “Beats”, I would assume more individuals knew what was going on.
Especially if BVE was flashing around photographs of the assaults.

Sinatra1915

Rookie
Dec 26, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
There's only so many clocks you can sell in a day.
Doesn't even have a sign out the front, nor any website to sell stuff online.

That may be.Mr R and MGL dont need to work for a living..No doubt they have stocks, cash and money in the bank and we know they have millions of dollars in property,so its become a hobby of sorts.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just finished watching the case file episode

With police tagging the group “the family” suggests police thought, there was kind of structure to it.
A normal family consists of an elder male and an elder female and their offspring.
I guess, you can assume one of the elder transgender men were considered the mother.

A few question arise-
Who was the father figure of the group?
Where would BVE be placed in the group?

With all the chatter in the “Beats”, I would assume more individuals knew what was going on.
Especially if BVE was flashing around photographs of the assaults.

The term "The Family" emanated from a 60 Minutes interview with an investigated officer who said something like, "we need to break up the happy little family". This was about in 1988.

Father figure: BVE

Where was BVE placed? At the top or in the centre. That part is almost certain. The rest is conjecture but something like this;

He was flashing them around to his closest confidants - DSD etc. And many victims would have woken up and gone home with a sore ass and no real understanding how many men had been playing pin the tail on the donkey. Some of those people he showed photos to may have been involved in the murders, if not, they must have know it was him. In TP's diaries, DSD says to him that over the years BVE showed him many photos of drugged boys with thing inserted in their anuses. Barnes died this way, as did others. If DSD was not involved, he would have known exactly who was.

Hello Kurve, No I gave you the link to the site.Its full of interesting pics and info that I believe is of interest to this forum.

If you think anything is hidden I would suggest using the "Contact" tab on that site.

Regards
????? "hidden"

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I found out a couple of years ago that my nephew in England was Trans, he told his wife, who naturally hit the roof, but they decided to stay together for the kids.
So now he is the mother named Jennifer and the real mother dresses like a rough bogan type thing and she's treated like the father, it's a very strange set up!!

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pru Firman, a friend and Lewis "Lana" Turtur - early 80's

Attachments

• 18921818_10154828459928720_3333544583115648779_n (1).jpg
    18921818_10154828459928720_3333544583115648779_n (1).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 328

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
front row - Pru Firmann, Chris (unrelated) Sarah Novak, Unknown
middle row - Brian Gant, Unknown, Lewis Turtur
Back Row - Burney (believed to be unrelated, Nathan (believed to be unrelated) Unknown (possible Megan/Kerry)

Attachments

• 13614941_10153874616373720_1588768144030980194_n (1).jpg
    13614941_10153874616373720_1588768144030980194_n (1).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Back