Unsolved The Family Murders

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Collier? As in connected to Megan Collier? We know that Collier wasn't Megan's birth name.

I don't think they were related. As far as I know, Collyer (think that's the correct spelling) was Joanne's birth name. Joanne was originally from NSW and worked with people like Carlotta at Les Girls before settling in Adelaide in the late 70s.

Besides her 'drag' work (she had had a sex change by this time), she hosted female strip reviews at footy clubs etc and did fat-a-grams.

Joanne passed away in the last year or so.

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hey AdelaideGT (or anyone really) does someone named Vivian Vidovich/Vidavich - dressed in all black, long black hair, was well known in the Adelaide disco scene - ring a bell?

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
do you know anything else about her? i cant find any pics myself, know of any?

and I'm not sure around any suppression orders with this one but if you've read Debi's book the description may ring a bell

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
do you know anything else about her? i cant find any pics myself, know of any?

and I'm not sure around any suppression orders with this one but if you've read Debi's book the description may ring a bell

No, I knew her at the time - seemed a nice person. Don't have any pics that I know of.

I haven't read the book, so no idea what you are referring to.

Now, I'm wondering if I'm getting some of them confused.

I may have been thinking about Vicki Verca

In the mid-80s, there suddenly appeared a bunch of different Vicky's on the Adelaide drag scene.

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
It was Vivienne Vidavitch I think, who in the late 1980s lived with Lawrence Tan in the Woolongong area I think.
AdelaideGT do those names Lawrence or Vivienne (not Vicki) ring any bells for you?

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, I knew her at the time - seemed a nice person. Don't have any pics that I know of.

I haven't read the book, so no idea what you are referring to.

Now, I'm wondering if I'm getting some of them confused.

I may have been thinking about Vicki Verca

In the mid-80s, there suddenly appeared a bunch of different Vicky's on the Adelaide drag scene.

In the book a boy is taken to the house of a woman described as wearing all black, long black hair well known in the disco scene - and that description perfectly matches another little bit of intel where she’s named as the person.

suvgrl

Draftee
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
In the book a boy is taken to the house of a woman described as wearing all black, long black hair well known in the disco scene - and that description perfectly matches another little bit of intel where she’s named as the person.
I remember an art teacher with that name at Port Adelaide High School in the 80’s. the description fits her!

Zebo

Debutant
Sep 1, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apologies if this is old news that I've missed in the last 3000 (!) posts, but the 'Von Einem Breaks Silence' article (28/8/89) was published in the Advertiser exactly 10 years after Neil Muir was found. There's no mention in the article that it was deliberate. According to the article, BVE gave the interview on the Friday and the article was published on the 28th, which was the Monday and I guess the first day it could be published.

It does seem there is some point to the date - '27/28 August'.

Zebo

Debutant
Sep 1, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was in the State Library today and had a look at the Advertiser around 27 August 1980 (as Kurve suggested earlier.) Everyone should have been busy watching (from a safe distance) the Millhouse trial for Neil Muir unfold, but it was adjourned on 19 August because the judge had a heart-attack. It did not recommence until 2 September.

If anyone went missing at that time, it wouldn't have been reported (eg Peter S wasn't reported as missing anytime near his disappearance in 1981). There was a dead 21yo man in Rosina St (off Hindley Street) on the 24th, suspected drug overdose (no details beyond that).

I was in the State Library today and had a look at the Advertiser around 27 August 1980 (as Kurve suggested earlier.) Everyone should have been busy watching (from a safe distance) the Millhouse trial for Neil Muir unfold, but it was adjourned on 19 August because the judge had a heart-attack. It did not recommence until 2 September.

If anyone went missing at that time, it wouldn't have been reported (eg Peter S wasn't reported as missing anytime near his disappearance in 1981). There was a dead 21yo man in Rosina St (off Hindley Street) on the 24th, suspected drug overdose (no details beyond that).

Thanks for looking Zebo

The breed

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I remember an art teacher with that name at Port Adelaide High School in the 80’s. the description fits her!
I had a arts teacher at Paralowie Tech in the late 70's that fit's that description and name to a tee. Miss Vidavich, wore all black, long black hair, bit of a looker from memory Rumour's going around that some of the older students were enjoying a bit of extra study time aswell

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
also just to be clear - theres no suggestion she was involved in any of the abuse or murders or anything of that nature - shes the source of the information that DsD cut Richard's hair while he was being held, and by some accounts knew more, and now according to Debi - a boy was taken to someone, who's description she matched, house and was drugged and abused by BVE and someone named "Dave or John"

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Listened to Meshel Lauries podcast Australian True Crime with Debi Marshall on her new book

sigh

So much mayo

' I feared for my life when someone told me BVE could easily snap my neck before the guards could stop him' - followed by 'BVE spends his day in the Old Persons unit and complains of heart disease , diabetes and Liver troubles'

Which BVE is it Deb? The one who can kill or the frail old man?

Though I do think there was 1 nugget when she got Lewis Turtur to admit that '' up to half a dozen'' - yet LT knew BVE had up to 200 victims of drug rape

Back