Unsolved The Family Murders

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

ElizabethG

Draftee
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
The delivery boy who took a piece of the action maybe.

I can see him being the delivery boy for some of the legal/medical/business types, but with the bottom tier transgender, drug addled, share house types he was definitely the top dog.

I don't think that he was "delivering"...BVE was/is obviously obsessed with young men/boys and didn't abduct, drug, rape (and murder) them by someone's orders. I am sure he did it because of his own deviant sexual appetite. Others were "invited", helped him, planned actions or "shared" with him. I don't see him as a procurer per se. A great number of boys was solely abused by him and not by others, which means he did it for himself, this was his "obsession".
Furthermore, people like the businessman, SGW and DS were known to pick up boys themselves - they (especially the businessman) might have been more cautious, but still had their own tricks (e.g. lace a drink and then "help" the drugged victim).

ElizabethG

Draftee
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Listened to Meshel Lauries podcast Australian True Crime with Debi Marshall on her new book

sigh

So much mayo

' I feared for my life when someone told me BVE could easily snap my neck before the guards could stop him' - followed by 'BVE spends his day in the Old Persons unit and complains of heart disease , diabetes and Liver troubles'

Which BVE is it Deb? The one who can kill or the frail old man?

Though I do think there was 1 nugget when she got Lewis Turtur to admit that '' up to half a dozen'' - yet LT knew BVE had up to 200 victims of drug rape

Yes, this "deadly scenario" is completely unrealistic. I can't believe that this psychiatrist was actually telling her that "maybe her life was saved because of the security's decision". Her third visit was cancelled because BVE simply didn't want to speak to her and removed her from his visitor's list. He's not the type to kill someone - especially not a mature woman - in the heat of the moment because of something she said.

Rake

Draftee
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I remember an art teacher with that name at Port Adelaide High School in the 80’s. the description fits her!

Vivian Vidulich Was the teacher at PAH. She had long dark hair and was a very colourful vibrant woman. She lived around the Fulham Gardens area. I have no idea whether she is the woman referred to in the book though.

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well I think that’s that mystery solved! Again no suggestion she hurt or harmed anyone - but she certainly had some dodgy friends

suvgrl

Draftee
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney

Attachments

• FA49B42A-BB7E-4D02-AF48-3EC47E347862.jpeg
    FA49B42A-BB7E-4D02-AF48-3EC47E347862.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 70285F98-0BCB-4F6B-A3BA-EC1D6B82E9C7.jpeg
    70285F98-0BCB-4F6B-A3BA-EC1D6B82E9C7.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 247

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
Some other names - if anyone knows anything about any of these people?

John Wakefield - "Eula", millionaire, besties with DSD, DSD dined at John’s house every Sunday.
Robert Buscombe (Bette) would also attend with Eula and DSD.

Brian Miller - allegedly questioned by police re RK in 2008.

Last edited:

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I believe this is probably Vivian at the Fringe opening in 1986. Does this look familiar to anyone from the disco scene in the 70s & 80s? Just trying to confirm.

40798D60-5FE3-439E-9A5A-B43F538C9862.jpeg

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Could be. I always remember her With very long hair, but that was in the late 70s and early 80s.

How is she potentially linked with the murders?
She isn't directly involved. It has been said that she knew that Denis St Denis cut Richard Kelvin's hair while he was being held at a unit. She allegedly also knew that several people visited the unit. She could of course have just been repeating rumours she had heard. Just another name that has come up on the search for information.

binanceSA

Draftee
Sep 13, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah read all that. Plus the stuff in Debbie’s book.

Seems like he’s got info and might be more keen to talk now he’s already been charged for some historical stuff?

mhmm just a thought

What sort info are you looking for? There is a lot available just by googling his name. Robert William Symonds.

Macka_321

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s definitely the businessman who had the booked pulled for legal reasons. 30 odd years he’s had his name suppressed what a joke.

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
It’s definitely the businessman who had the booked pulled for legal reasons. 30 odd years he’s had his name suppressed what a joke.
I haven't got the Banquet book but from what I understand there was a brief reference to him that was made in a newspaper article where he spoke to the journalist and was quoted. I can't see how that breaches a suppression order? If you go to the state library it's there for all to see.

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
Anyone recognise either of these two, seen leaving one of BVE’s trials?

Attachments

• B6DFD166-AD22-45A5-810F-555B1AFA1E04.jpeg
    B6DFD166-AD22-45A5-810F-555B1AFA1E04.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 387

DropBearess

Premium Platinum
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone recognise either of these two, seen leaving one of BVE’s trials?

I've seen that pic before; maybe here. I think l replied at the time. I'm fairly sure l know the guy in the cardi. I've unfortunately misplaced some old pics taken around the same time which would help with ID. He would have been 40 in 1979.

Cendrillon

Draftee
Feb 22, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree likely but you can't say 'definitely'... there were a handful of other matters raised in the book that could have been potential grounds for injunction, not necessarily suppression-related, there may also be suppression orders on foot we are not even aware of aside from the 'known' identities. Dunstan in a sauna with teenage schoolboys for one...

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've seen that pic before; maybe here. I think l replied at the time. I'm fairly sure l know the guy in the cardi. I've unfortunately misplaced some old pics taken around the same time which would help with ID. He would have been 40 in 1979.

I think I posted it ages ago and you weren’t sure then for the same reasons :)

squawk

Debutant
Sep 22, 2008
Coopers Stadium
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
So have I got it right that the subject has to agree or be dead to have a suppression lifted?
Even if the subject is dead, the subject’s surviving family members can still object.
The DPP can also oppose an application I think.
As I understand it, the suppression’s of alleged perpetrators are all generic - “in the interests of the administration of justice”.

Back