Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

I asked myself the other day ,what I want out of the Family Murders Case.

First of all, I would probably want all of the witnesses and informants to be protected. That would mean their identities would be concealed.
You really want to encourage informants to come forward, if we didn't have anybody coming forward, then big crimes would never be solved.
Ive seen some of the Participants out in the community, but as a layperson I cant be sure of their level of involvement.

Secondary, I would like to see the persons who participated in any way, to be outed and then prosecuted. Due to their networking and overlapping groups, its clear that many more individuals knew about the crimes. Their names should be known, because they had an opportunity to come forward and stop the crimes.
The body count became to large, before anybody did anything about it!

Its such a grey area, because we don't always know the persons level of involvement in the murders.

I'd settle for the main players in the murders (i.e. ones who were involved in more than one) going in the slammer before they die, even if there's only enough evidence to charge them on one like BVE and Richard Kelvin.

I dunno how people like Charlie might feel about it but I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing even Mr B getting protection or even immunity from prosecution if it would convince him to tell everything he knows without lying. I think nabbing Mr R, Woodards etc. still depends a lot on Mr B and I don't think you're gonna have any luck getting a straight statement with no holes in it unless you can make him some guarantee he can state what he saw (or even did) in that one week period Alan was held captive

I'd settle for the main players in the murders (i.e. ones who were involved in more than one) going in the slammer before they die, even if there's only enough evidence to charge them on one like BVE and Richard Kelvin.

I dunno how people like Charlie might feel about it but I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing even Mr B getting protection or even immunity from prosecution if it would convince him to tell everything he knows without lying. I think nabbing Mr R, Woodards etc. still depends a lot on Mr B and I don't think you're gonna have any luck getting a straight statement with no holes in it unless you can make him some guarantee he can state what he saw (or even did) in that one week period Alan was held captive
Mr B was given immunity for everything except murder.

I‘m pretty sure SAPOL know exactly who was involved.The problem is having enough reliable evidence that would stick in court. At the moment they have Mr B, who is not a reliable witness.

They only managed to convict BvE because of strong forensic evidence.
Makes you wonder how it would've all ended up had they not taken the son of a prominent media personality.

He’s also already had his testimony discredited on the stand, would be hard to get him on there again saying the same thing

He’s also already had his testimony discredited on the stand, would be hard to get him on there again saying the same thing

Exactly. He’s been discredited before, so regardless of what evidence he gives now, he will be discredited because of his previous evidence. No jury would accept him as a witness of truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banquet is available again as an e-book. I just purchased it on Kindle.
I wonder if that suggests the legal challenge was successful? Much quicker to edit an audio book than do another physical print run... assuming it is economical to do another print run.

I wonder if they’ll include the “Good Samaritan” on the scene rescuing Roger James

The article says they have tried to find the people involved with no luck. Probably because most of them are dead now?? Roger James is still around I think. He’s spoken publically about it before.

And I guess that BvE wasn’t interested in talking to them 😂

From memory, wasn't BvE willing to talk to DM as long as he thought he could somehow con her into believing his version of events?

Then he slipped up and mentioned something he couldn't possibly know unless he was involved, chucked a massive tantrum and refused to see her ever again

From memory, wasn't BvE willing to talk to DM as long as he thought he could somehow con her into believing his version of events?

Then he slipped up and mentioned something he couldn't possibly know unless he was involved, chucked a massive tantrum and refused to see her ever again
Was the "something", something to do with the dog collar worn by Richard Kelvin?

Exactly. He’s been discredited before, so regardless of what evidence he gives now, he will be discredited because of his previous evidence. No jury would accept him as a witness of truth.

Is Mr. B still alive? I thought he's dead or at least someone (Charlie?) mentioned that a few months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back