Unsolved The Family Murders

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
DM was on Adelaide radio station 5AA today. An hour long show called Conversations with Cornsey.

Will be replayed tomorrow morning at 4am or you may find a link on their website if anyone is interested ....

Can’t stand Cornes about as much as I can’t stand Debi. Please save me from having to listen. Anything new come out of it?

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Monique? She is a close match to your physical description.

The Buck was too early for me and not sure she ever lived with anyone when I visited her house (which I don't think was at St Peters).

She had a colourful Egyptian sarcophagus in her living room.

well very interesting - I've just found some info that connects Pru/Sarah to someone named Monique with the quote "she claimed to be the re incarnation of an Egyptian temple priestess, Ishtar "

It may not be the same person - but there you go

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mon was a bit of a smoker (think I might have scored some weed from her back in the day) so she could be pretty out there.

At the time I thought her kaftans (etc) were a bit weird but in hindsight, she was probably quite fashionable. I don't think I ever saw her looking bad. I always thought she was kind of classy, although she was often flirty with me.

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
DM was on Adelaide radio station 5AA today. An hour long show called Conversations with Cornsey.

Will be replayed tomorrow morning at 4am or you may find a link on their website if anyone is interested ....
yeah caught that show, I think Cornesy took it... hook line a sinker

DropBearess

Premium Platinum
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
yeah caught that show, I think Cornesy took it... hook line a sinker

Yeah, l don't think Cornsey is too bright.
Many of us are still smarting from his very public 'journalism' in S.A. some 40 years ago where he asserted women were best placed in footy canteens, baking cakes, washing jumpers and supporting their men. Ha! 😂🤣

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, l don't think Cornsey is too bright.
Many of us are still smarting from his very public 'journalism' in S.A. some 40 years ago where he asserted women were best placed in footy canteens, baking cakes, washing jumpers and supporting their men. Ha! 😂🤣
Back in the day (I’m old) lots of the younger footy players hung around at the Oaks Tavern in Pirie St, Adelaide. I distinctly remember him being there in a full red leather suit and the crowd parting as he walked around - mostly to try to avoid making contact with him, as opposed to making room for him out of respect 😂

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was kind of hoping his daftness would lead him to ask the non usual questions, but of course 10 mins of the interview was about her story

bth18

Debutant
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have a feeling this could be the funding for the doco she's been making concurrent to the book - as this is separate to the Family Courts Series by the looks

Attachments

• DM doco.png
    DM doco.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 204

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Players in Grenfell St was built on the site of the old Sturt Arcade Hotel (where I worked briefly).

Then when I worked in Wyatt House, across the road, I used to like having a post-work beer poured for me by Sean Rehn at Players.

susurrar

All Australian
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
after reading the O'Brien book and this thread (great work everyone), im mostly interested in three people: Mr R, MGL, Clocker.

MGL is a confusing one. i cant find out what he did for a living. was he the second doctor? there's very little on him in here, but ive seen it suggested that he was a major player. is this only coming from the "Dissected" ebook? how credible is that book, by the way? i got the impression that it wasnt a very good book but posters were being polite about it because one of the authors briefly showed up in this thread.

are MGL and Mr R still together? someone earlier in the thread was saying that Mr R is with a much younger partner now.

i wonder what Mr R is like. hes often described as skinny in here, but i could have sworn i saw one poster say that he was fat (can't find the post now). google says his shop is open tomorrow. if a normal looking person wanting to take a look at the clocks just rolled up there at 11:00 and knocked on the door, he'd ignore them? earlier in the thread, i think someone said Mr R would only need to sell one clock a week and he'd be doing very well. im not really in the clock scene, but ive got serious doubts that he'd even be selling that much. i know that his likely reasons for keeping the shop have been covered.

it seems like people know who Clocker is. hes named in here and on another website. not sure if his name is suppressed. hes pretty online compared to the others. seems very happy. he would be relatively young today, even quite a bit younger than Mr B? he isnt named in the O'Brien book but there is a passage about him. O'Brien says he interviewed him for four hours and didnt learn anything new. thats it. maybe thats him again in the final scene of the O'Brien book. it sounds like the "Dissected" book implies that he was much more involved. maybe i should read it.

what kind of lives do you think these people have gone on to live? in his interview with Debi Marshall, didnt Turtur say he hadnt thought about any of this in 20 years?

sorry about the scattered thoughts and questions.

Last edited:

Bits

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
MGL isn’t/wasn’t a doctor. He is mysterious indeed. I think some sort of public service/admin role is the best guess so far. He and Mr R still live together. Whether this is a matter of convenience, or still a romantic partnership, possibly with extra people coming and going, is not certain.

Dissected needs a good proof reader and editor. It professes to be the book that will explain everything, even to those unfamiliar with the case. It doesn’t. It assumes prior knowledge, repeats itself, spells names differently - Lewis Turtur is variously Louie, Lewy, Louis, Lewis. It was written with the best of intentions but is certainly not the definitive work on the case.

Mr R is skinny. There’s a photo of him hidden away online if you know where to look. As for the clock shop, my understanding is that you can call the phone number on the shop door and he will come over and open up for you. His home is only minutes away.

Clocker surely has much more info than he is saying, be it fact or rumour or hearsay. He worked at the shop for years, and was trusted to drive the fancy cars and be a delivery driver for young men. No way he knows nothing. But he has settled down with his husband/partner and they run a business together, and he seems happy enough. And I’m not condoning it for a single second, but he would have been a teen or in his early 20s back then. If the older, successful, doctor/lawyer/teacher/business types around him were behaving in a particular way, and it was just accepted in those circles, it would have been easy for him to just go along with it.

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
after reading the O'Brien book and this thread (great work everyone), im mostly interested in three people: Mr R, MGL, Clocker.

MGL is a confusing one. i cant find out what he did for a living. was he the second doctor? there's very little on him in here, but ive seen it suggested that he was a major player. is this only coming from the "Dissected" ebook? how credible is that book, by the way? i got the impression that it wasnt a very good book but posters were being polite about it because one of the authors briefly showed up in this thread.

are MGL and Mr R still together? someone earlier in the thread was saying that Mr R is with a much younger partner now.

i wonder what Mr R is like. hes often described as skinny in here, but i could have sworn i saw one poster say that he was fat (can't find the post now). google says his shop is open tomorrow. if a normal looking person wanting to take a look at the clocks just rolled up there at 11:00 and knocked on the door, he'd ignore them? earlier in the thread, i think someone said Mr R would only need to sell one clock a week and he'd be doing very well. im not really in the clock scene, but ive got serious doubts that he'd even be selling that much. i know that his likely reasons for keeping the shop have been covered.

it seems like people know who Clocker is. hes named in here and on another website. not sure if his name is suppressed. hes pretty online compared to the others. seems very happy. he would be relatively young today, even quite a bit younger than Mr B? he isnt named in the O'Brien book but there is a passage about him. O'Brien says he interviewed him for four hours and didnt learn anything new. thats it. maybe thats him again in the final scene of the O'Brien book. it sounds like the "Dissected" book implies that he was much more involved. maybe i should read it.

what kind of lives do you think these people have gone on to live? in his interview with Debi Marshall, didnt Turtur say he hadnt thought about any of this in 20 years?

sorry about the scattered thoughts and questions.
Ive encountered two of the family, purely by chance. Mr B at his work places over the years.
Clocker: I went looking to buy an old clock once, and presented to this locked-up shop. wasn't allowed entry, I guess i don't look like "clock type"
My B had worried eyes and slightly nervous disposition.

Back