The Fanatics

Remove this Banner Ad

The Greeks are still around for baghdatis. Swear i heard them the other day. But generally the minorities dont seem as organised as they were before. Lot of Japanese around for their games (especially kei). Nothing wrong with that I feel. Good atmosphere. Nothing wrong with supporting a player, it is when it becomes more about u than the player itself; that is where I get off at.

The fanatics are a touring group. They only turn up where they know their will be young Aussies willing to get drunk and act like an idiot.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

What would it take for them to be banned from the AO? A mid-match brawl with another spectator group?

It's weird, but they're never at any other tour events.

They're the AFL equivalent of a supporter who just rocks up to the big games, and the finals.

They won't have a clue who the players are or what they are like, but hey! They're the fanatics! They're big great Australian supporters!

Sounds like you're also describing the Channel Seven network and many of their commentators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt any channel 7 commentator could even name one of the other tour events outside of the grandslams. Bruce didn't know when the FO and Wimbledon are in the year and how far apart from each other they are.

The likes of ESPN's Koenig and Goodall are all over everything to do with the tour like white on rice and it shows in the quality of their calling.

7 are nothing but incompetent amatuers.

F*** there would be thousands of people out there willing to commentate for free that would do a better job. Give it to sport FM even!

Long story short: die channel 7. F**king die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce is just an absolute disgrace in any sport that he tries to do.

He used to be good though in the 90's and early 2000's the best of the best. I feel that when 7 originally lost the AFL rights they just collectively threw their hands up in the air and stopped giving a crap about the quality of their broadcast coverage.

I do agree that he is a shell of his former self, it's like he is a parody with his isn't he, doesn't he, havn't they, won't they.

Last edited:
He used to be good though in the 90's and early 2000's the best of the best. I feel that when 7 originally lot the AFL rights they just collectively threw their hands up in the air and stopped giving a crap about the quality of their broadcast coverage.

I do agree that he is a shell of his former self, it's like he is a parody with his isn't he, doesn't he, havn't they, won't they.
I reckon that's a bit of a myth, he's always been pretty crap, just got progressively even shitter as the years have passed.

I reckon that's a bit of a myth, he's always been pretty crap, just got progressively even shitter as the years have passed.

Not quite, I've recently watched quite a few matches (Hawthorn but still) from the 90's which he covered and he was excellent at calling the play and not saying delicious or other innuendos.

He should go back to being a host not a commentator, especially during the Australian Open. His tennis knowledge is so limited and he doesn't even bother doing any research. All he does is ask Jim, what he thinks
...and tell us the score after each game is won as if we can't read it for ourselves:rolleyes:

Agreed he used to be great. In the 90's. Then he seemed to disappear for a while and came back a shadow.

It's pretty obvious there is some king dickhead behind the scenes calling the shots.

Same goes for Sandy 'Matera sets sail for home' Roberts. Absolute holocaust of a caller now on foxtel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back