The Fate of Eric Reginald Hipwood III

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets face it as soon as we saw the ump go down we knew it was Gardner. Push or no push the guy has the peripheral vision of a medieval knight.
So you don’t think he’ll find the Holy Grail? 🏆

I for one hope he escapes punishment. Why, you ask? Because I would like to see players being shoved into umpires adopted as a legitimate tactic.

#abolishtheumps
I’d go one further. I’d like to see the legitimisation of umpires being pushed into players, or even into other umpires if the situation warranted.

It was good for the game. Im tired of umpires always demanding a ring of steel around their soft bodies at all times.

They need to toughen up and captains should be able to call a time out and slap them back into reality when they are out of control.

That rule would've been handy during the second qtr on Thursday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was good for the game. Im tired of umpires always demanding a ring of steel around their soft bodies at all times.

They need to toughen up and captains should be able to call a time out and slap them back into reality when they are out of control.

That rule would've been handy during the second qtr on Thursday.

Agreed. Umpires won't like it but no one can deny that it's good for the game. If the AFL is serious about putting bums on seats then it's time to get creative. Everyone loves seeing the umps get smashed.

Agreed. Umpires won't like it but no one can deny that it's good for the game. If the AFL is serious about putting bums on seats then it's time to get creative. Everyone loves seeing the umps get smashed.
Bring back the biff…especially on umpires!

Thats great, but what was the score at the time? I'm sure it was a lot closer. He doesn't kick that, do we still have a chance?

Umps absolutely pathetic
Brisbane were 20 ahead IIRC. Hipwood converting made it 26.

I wonder if Hipwood will use this in his defence.
You mean something like...

"I've kicked 5 on the guy before, watch the tape, he falls over his own feet, I was running hard, exhaled, and he fell over. If anything, HE should be cited for tripping the ump with his hand. Hear me out, ask any Dogs supporter, they all agree he needs a holiday"

You mean something like...

"I've kicked 5 on the guy before, watch the tape, he falls over his own feet, I was running hard, exhaled, and he fell over. If anything, HE should be cited for tripping the ump with his hand. Hear me out, ask any Dogs supporter, they all agree he needs a holiday"
“Just ask Zaine Cordy. He trains with him every day. He’ll confirm it too”

He should be charged with common assault of an umpire with a blunt instrument. 6 months and eligible for parole in 3.

The guy is clearly a magician. What kind of sorcery is happening when he can get from the Gabba to Wimbledon so quickly and shrink six inches along the way and adopt such a convincing (if not slightly exaggerated) Spanish accent...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back