Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone bids a 1st round draft pick for him we only have to match with our 1st don't we. So we don't really have to tank?
No.

He’s not ours under F/S.

Anyone who picks him before us, owns him.

Why wouldn't he be a f/s selection. And my apologies if this has already been covered
Dad didn’t play 100 games for us (83, I think someone posted).

The ‘father’ must play 100 games for the club, for the son (& hopefully, daughter) to be eligible under F/S.

The ‘father’ must play 100 games for the club, for the son (& hopefully, daughter) to be eligible under F/S.
Ah ok. I mistakenly assumed he had played the 100 games

I've just gone back through the thread and realise it went from talking about Graham to Anderson and I thought we were still on Graham :sick:

I've just gone back through the thread and realise it went from talking about Graham to Anderson and I thought we were still on Graham :sick:
Hahaha
I just did the same to confirm!

We should seriously be campaigning for the game threshold to come back to 50 games.

Because he’s ‘struggling’ to play for Oakleigh after only 6x weeks after he started playing footy!

Son of a 200+ game HFC player; KP height; recent convert to AFL from Basketball; &, making huge strides after only a month of 2 of playing the game.

Go back a couple pages (or maybe someone will re-post). There was an article or 2 on him, posted in here. Hasn’t played footy in a few years but played in a High School Carnival a few weeks back & (from memory) did well to the extent that he’s converted to AFL. We could’ve grabbed him as a Cat B Rookie if he’d not played that game, but then (of course) he’d be missing a year of development.

I haven’t heard or read anything about “huge strides”. All I’ve read is a click bait article based on him playing a couple of lightning premiership games for the football factory that isn’t Camberwell High.

Seriously, is this what you want our recruitment department to be focused on?

If he plays well for Oakleigh, then for sure he’s worth looking at as a rookie chance. Until then, the only huge strides are the ones he takes during the warm up tomorrow.

I wish him all the best.

I haven’t heard or read anything about “huge strides”. All I’ve read is a click bait article based on him playing a couple of lightning premiership games for the football factory that isn’t Camberwell High.

If he plays well for Oakleigh, then for sure he’s worth looking at as a rookie chance. Until then, the only huge strides are the ones he takes during the warm up tomorrow.

I wish him all the best.
Haha... ‘Recruiting Dept., Focused on’? What, you think we’ve got 1 guy on a laptop, lurking around ‘Z Division’, hoping to uncover the rough diamond that becomes the gem?

Going from a lightning carnival to Oakleigh Chargers in 2 months is huge strides! Out of interest, what would you expect him to achieve in that time frame? Wanna ask the kids that have played their entire lives & cant get games for Oakleigh?

YES - discounted options that have huge upside, that aren’t yet on the radar of other clubs, are exactly who I want our recruiters to be looking for. Not solely of course, but I’d much rather we chase some of these options than just chasing GWS discards like Carltank do... Finding value in later Picks is what we’ve done very effectively of recent years. This one comes discounted & if he’s playing at Oakleigh in his 2nd month then I’m very excited by what he may be doing in his 3rd / 4th year.

Or would you rather we chase a Tom Boyd man-child that peaks at 19 because he’s 2m tall & gets to push around under-developed kids?

Haha... ‘Recruiting Dept., Focused on’? What, you think we’ve got 1 guy on a laptop, lurking around ‘Z Division’, hoping to uncover the rough diamond that becomes the gem?

Going from a lightning carnival to Oakleigh Chargers in 2 months is huge strides! Out of interest, what would you expect him to achieve in that time frame? Wanna ask the kids that have played their entire lives & cant get games for Oakleigh?

YES - discounted options that have huge upside, that aren’t yet on the radar of other clubs, are exactly who I want our recruiters to be looking for. Not solely of course, but I’d much rather we chase some of these options than just chasing GWS discards like Carltank do... Finding value in later Picks is what we’ve done very effectively of recent years. This one comes discounted & if he’s playing at Oakleigh in his 2nd month then I’m very excited by what he may be doing in his 3rd / 4th year.

Or would you rather we chase a Tom Boyd man-child that peaks at 19 because he’s 2m tall & gets to push around under-developed kids?

You’re presuming he has been added to the Oakleigh list mid season on merit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will give a war a peace later but I feel it was the start of things such as lazy recruiting, nepotism of the highest order and stress related issue with kids, drop off of kids after early rejection no solid second pathway system an so on.
Suits AFL micro management.

I wish him all the best.

There were 6 AFL clubs minimum that wanted to know Grahams movements when he was deciding between footy and basketball so it's fair to say he is very much on the radar.

Doubtful he would last until the rookie draft if the draft was held tomorrow let alone in 6 months.

How’s he playing mate?

Getting a kick or getting lost?
Didn’t get much of it, the chargers got belted. Looked ok, a little rough. The boy can jump though, had a bit of a crack in the ruck. Bloody cold, not a great day for a key position player. Left in the 3rd with kids basketball duties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back