Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well if we get him cheaply it probably means he aint much chop.

However in Tom's case it might just be that clubs haven't seen enough of him.
Late comer to footy so I wasn’t expecting much from him. He has done well to get a game so if the club thinks he has scope to improve then the rookie list is a great place for him. Sadly no development league to help him develop at a lower level.

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Late comer to footy so I wasn’t expecting much from him. He has done well to get a game so if the club thinks he has scope to improve then the rookie list is a great place for him. Sadly no development league to help him develop at a lower level.
Jackson Ross can take him under his wing

Graham played for Oakleigh against Geelong on Sunday.

One kick, three handballs (two ineffective)

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Graham played for Oakleigh against Geelong on Sunday.

One kick, three handballs (two ineffective)

Perhaps basketball is more his thing

In all fairness, maybe another year as an over-ager in the TAC with a view to rookie listing next year.
I cant imagine he is on our list next year.....but you never know. Plenty have come from the clouds before

Perhaps basketball is more his thing

In all fairness, maybe another year as an over-ager in the TAC with a view to rookie listing next year.
I cant imagine he is on our list next year.....but you never know. Plenty have come from the clouds before
He won’t be on anyone’s list next year

stemline

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2001
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bit weird how being too positive about him on BigFooty was a threat to his family's mental wellbeing, but writing him off is ok.

Sounds like he might not be up to it, which is a shame, but there was nothing wrong with hoping for the best.

Hope it turns around for him or he enjoys what he ends up doing.

Last edited:
I’ll let you know how he goes.

Kicked two goals but probably only had 7 or 8 possessions (which is his age old issue). Opponent for the day was a bottom ager, who is two years younger. Still doesn’t chase to defend nor did he impact often enough for a 19 year old at TAC level IMO.

Quality on the park wasn’t great, probably only a couple in late draft / rookie consideration. As a contrast, one of the 19 year olds playing for Sandy, Kai Owens, who is a good club/school mate of Dev’s racked up 30+ in the middle and was probably best on ground.

Kai is an outside chance at best of getting drafted. Dev is a fair way off that to be honest.

Not sure what he has on the football horizon but basketball commitments are wrapping up.

Oakleigh team just released. Unsurprisingly it doesn’t contain a returning Tom Graham.

Looks like there’s actually no football horizon for him, just basketball.

Consider the itch has been scratched - good luck to him in his basketballing endeavours.

Back