Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Id be disappointed if he didn’t with the current picks we have, I thought that was his best game so far this year not counting practise matches. Might be the first Sandringham player picked this year which would be a great result considering the talent they have.

Where is he sitting in your top 30 after the first 3 rounds of the season?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Where is he sitting in your top 30 after the first 3 rounds of the season?
I had him in the 20-25 range for round 1 and still sits there, I won’t be making any major changes until im able to see more of the interstate players and if those players have improved/stagnated.

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
I saw Finn play in his Under 15 year and got to admit I was a little underwhelmed. He has obviously improved. Has anyone on here seen him play recently. What style of mid is he. Inside/outside/hard, honest like his Dad/Speed/Size/Disposal/Reader/Game dense ???????

think Josh Kennedy(Syd) our last f/s, very similar build and play style

he is an inside mid that uses his strength in the contest to get a handball out or break away for a clearance, he doesnt have break away speed, similar to Josh Kennedy, he is tall and solidly built 187cm 80kg, his disposal is good, kicking and handball on point and a good kick at goal, his read of the game is ok, he doesnt read it as well as his other team mate Ryan Byrnes, but he is ok in that regard

one credit he has so far this year is last weekend he played better than some of his draft rivals in a big game against Oakleigh, in fact he outperformed Noah Anderson who has been on a tear so far this season, although Rowell was B.O.G. Finn was best for Sandringham(winning team), so in big games he performed, which is a point in his favour.

P.S. most of his poss are contested so he cops a lot of tackle or chopping of hands while disposing so in case his DE is a little low that might be the cause, but when he has space he has very good skill set.

Last edited:

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

he is an inside mid that uses his strength in the contest to get a handball out or break away for a clearance, he doesnt have break away speed, similar to Josh Kennedy, he is tall and solidly built 187cm 80kg, his disposal is good, kicking and handball on point and a good kick at goal, his read of the game is ok, he doesnt read it as well as his other team mate Ryan Byrnes, but he is ok in that regard

one credit he has so far this year is last weekend he played better than some of his draft rivals in a big game against Oakleigh, in fact he outperformed Noah Anderson who has been on a tear so far this season, although Rowell was B.O.G. Finn was best for Sandringham(winning team), so in big games he performed, which is a point in his favour.

I would just add to this, in junior footy he has been a ball magnet. So when you say his read of the game is ok, that's not how it played out against oppo teams in lower age football. He would just get it over and over and dispose at high level compared to other 'regular' kids. In this higher grade the step up may have taken him some time to find the confidence to hunt it in the same fashion, but I have a mate who's kid is the same age and played same grade comps and he has always told me how Finn just tears up gameday.
FWIW.

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ando their footy director. That might be changing soon, but he is tied up with the Saints, although I can assure you there remains a lot of the HFC in Dean Anderson.

P.S. most of his poss are contested so he cops a lot of tackle or chopping of hands while disposing so in case his DE is a little low that might be the cause, but when he has space he has very good skill set.

Thanks so much Davo. Luv ya work. On your report Finn has definitely grown since I last saw him 2-3 seasons ago. Love the comparison to Josh K. That is the exact style we are looking for and might explain a consoling word on Cogs I heard last night. More on that later.

Nov 28, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Box Hill Hawks
Thanks so much Davo. Luv ya work. On your report Finn has definitely grown since I last saw him 2-3 seasons ago. Love the comparison to Josh K. That is the exact style we are looking for and might explain a consoling word on Cogs I heard last night. More on that later.[/QUOTE]

:'(

Thanks so much Davo. Luv ya work. On your report Finn has definitely grown since I last saw him 2-3 seasons ago. Love the comparison to Josh K. That is the exact style we are looking for and might explain a consoling word on Cogs I heard last night. More on that later.

:'([/QUOTE]
hmmmmmm

go on

Disappointing to hear that Anderson is a potential #1 draft pick but just misses out on qualifying for F/S status with us. We finally get a really good one and it turns out we don't have him.

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
So knowing that we’re not getting Noah Anderson who else would we not want to get him? I don’t think I could handle him going to Sydney or worse Essendon. If Carlton keep on the course their at then he’s looking Adelaide bound.

At least if he goes interstate I think we would be a chance to get him back on day then if his at a Melbourne based club.

Back