Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Maginness finished as one of Metro's bests...

27 disposals
7 clearances
9 tackles
6 inside 50s

Could have had a goal too

Top 20 pick at this stage, his development since last year has been incredible. Who knows how far he can go by the end of the Champs. He's just getting more expensive

Maginness finished as one of Metro's bests...

27 disposals
7 clearances
9 tackles
6 inside 50s

Could have had a goal too

Top 20 pick at this stage, his development since last year has been incredible. Who knows how far he can go by the end of the Champs. He's just getting more expensive

Tell Finn we're committed to him and can he start taking it easy.

Happy with Maguiness’s development. Not worried about costs. Hate the idea of hiding him to lower the price. The more experience and practice the boys can get before AFL the better.

Wish Western Australian and South Australian clubs had that same mentality last 30 years instead of hiding players.

Just finished watching the replay of today’s game. Finn looked very impressive and would definitely fit in with our game plan of bombing it long and high into the forward line.
Tom Green is a beast. We should tell GWS we won’t chase Cogs if they don’t match a bid on Green!

Just finished watching the replay of today’s game. Finn looked very impressive and would definitely fit in with our game plan of bombing it long and high into the forward line.
Tom Green is a beast. We should tell GWS we won’t chase Cogs if they don’t match a bid on Green!
It’s honestly ridiculous that they’ve pretty much had hately, Caldwell, bonar, hill and o’hallaran sitting in their twos all year, now they’ll add green and probably 1-2 more first rounders this year. Just mind boggling

It’s honestly ridiculous that they’ve pretty much had hately, Caldwell, bonar, hill and o’hallaran sitting in their twos all year, now they’ll add green and probably 1-2 more first rounders this year. Just mind boggling
Their list is as good as I've ever seen. They could lose Cogs and Whitfield and it wouldn't touch the sides. The list is just overflowing with talent and top picks galore. And they'll get more this year.

One game won’t move him drastically but agree that he’s certainly moving into first round contention. He’s gone from a third round selection to an early second/late first.
Been top 30 since the pre-season for those that saw him in the pre-season myself included, remember coming on here showing my displeasure that he was going to you guys and Essendon had no chance to get him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much upside does he have compared to the top 10-15 players? Is he dominating games a lot due to his big size compared to a lot of the other kids or is he just damn good?

At what point do we not draft Finn? Top 10 pick?

I mean if he is a top 10 pick then we should definitely get him, but when does it become too hard?
It doesn’t. As long as we have other picks apart from our first which may well be gone before we think he is worth taking, we just match the bid and other picks and points get used.

It doesn’t. As long as we have other picks apart from our first which may well be gone before we think he is worth taking, we just match the bid and other picks and points get used.
I'm just thinking from our usual perspective of trying to balance out appropriate cost ala Mosquito last year.

If we have used our first pick - say pick 6, and a team bids pick 7, do we just grab him regardless of the remaining cost in draft picks, or is there a point we say no?

I'm just interested as to whether there a not so sweet spot where it becomes very awkward for us. Especially if we rate him at say pick 20.

I'm just thinking from our usual perspective of trying to balance out appropriate cost ala Mosquito last year.

If we have used our first pick - say pick 6, and a team bids pick 7, do we just grab him regardless of the remaining cost in draft picks, or is there a point we say no?

I'm just interested as to whether there a not so sweet spot where it becomes very awkward for us. Especially if we rate him at say pick 20.
I think that if a club bids you just match and pick him regardless of whether you had him at 12 or 23....and I think we’d be starting to get our heads around what that looks like.

Pretty sure if someone bids on him with a pick that falls before where our 1st pick falls then we’d have to use our 1st rounder to select him if we want him. Finn would really have to ridiculously jump up draft boards for this to happen and as unlikely as that is it has happened before with other players like Clayton Oliver and Marcus Bontepelli.

Pretty sure if someone bids on him with a pick that falls before where our 1st pick falls then we’d have to use our 1st rounder to select him if we want him. Finn would really have to ridiculously jump up draft boards for this to happen and as unlikely as that is it has happened before with other players like Clayton Oliver and Marcus Bontepelli.

Let's just bloody hope dodo doesnt trade to get back into the 1st round and have a higher 1st pick then us.

That clown will make a bid for sure.

I read we have to use our next pick after a bid? ie great if its 30+ but if our next pick is say 15 - we may have a different player we prefer in that range hence maybe what sven is asking... can someone clarify?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back