sven_inc

Club Legend
Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It includes Finn.

1. 25% discount
2. Matching where other clubs bid on him (likely a tiny bit later then his actual value)
3. Matching with later picks. (Early picks are really worth more then their ‘points value’, and later picks less)
4. Being able to use a pick to get ANOTHER player as good or better then Finn.

It makes too much sense if you have a high end F/S or academy player, to match bids for them.

Someone’s probably done the math, but you’d have to have a drastically different perception of a player’s value to not match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spot on.

That's the added bonus of having high level FS or Academy kids. Discount allows them to be had at lower than market rate, plus having to match points rather than a pick allows us to do great things with any pick beforehand and use a bunch of far less valuable picks later on to make up the difference.

As close to being able to rort the system as Gil and his daily dealings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sven_inc

Club Legend
Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finn won't be top 11, so no danger of having to use out first pick. Our second pick is perfectly placed to grab him if someone else bids 15 - 25.
Which is exactly why we should trade it a) for a player or b) to move our first pick up.

As long as we have a few 3rd rounders we should be right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugs1977

Club Legend
May 3, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels, Detroit Pistons
I really hope we draft him, we need a feel good story
Me too. Even though I don’t think he’ll slide I think he’ll end up being the steal of the draft ala Worpel. The kid always seems to be getting better.

rogiebear93

Premiership Player
May 17, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If we are going to the draft.......then would be good to get another first rounder somewhere before pick 15ish.
3 top 15 picks in the draft could be good for future plus Downie next year.

No Youf
You don't just take 3 picks in any old draft regardless of the talent in there. Genuinely one of the more stupid things you could do. You take early picks when you have players identified that are worth taking with early picks.

Makes a lot more sense to use them in trade.

WWSD

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2009
Mill Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Maguinness is a good size for a midfielder. With his high skill set he can play inside/outside. He wasn’t even touted in the top 30 in the phantom draft earlier in the year.

Top Bottom