Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Maginness playing some really good footy in the Metro v Allies game.

Great size, very strong in clearance situations and attacks with intensity. Really liking the look of him.
Time to strip some weight off & get him to a HBF!

Wingnut19

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hope it's not a bad omen but definite shades of JPK about him. Big, strong.

I know one game isn't much to go off but he's not far behind Anderson at all.
Yeah I mean we should be safe that he won’t get nominated in our region where our pick will be, but it’s gonna be close. In the one game in under 18s where he played against Anderson /Rowell he was BOG then in a win. Exciting

perrdan09

Senior List
Sep 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With this draft, if another team nominates to use a 1st round pick on Finn, does that mean we then have to use our first round pick to take him? In that case since it looks like we will have a high-ish pick this year, is it almost worth trading the 2020 first round pick for one this year, and using that lower pick to match the bid and say pick 5 or 6 on another young elite talent/trade?
Or do you have to use your highest pick if another nominates to use their highest pick?

I don't know if that makes sense, hopefully someone can see what i'm asking.
Cheers guys

With this draft, if another team nominates to use a 1st round pick on Finn, does that mean we then have to use our first round pick to take him? In that case since it looks like we will have a high-ish pick this year, is it almost worth trading the 2020 first round pick for one this year, and using that lower pick to match the bid and say pick 5 or 6 on another young elite talent/trade?
Or do you have to use your highest pick if another nominates to use their highest pick?

Cheers guys

Essentially, if we're committed to them, we have to use our next pick and lose the equivalent on points to make up the difference. So for example. If we have pick 6 and pick 24, and another club nominates him at pick 15 (1112 points) we have to use 24 (785 points) and our next pick (Pick 42) gets knocked down the difference between Pick 24 and the value of pick 15 with the 25% discount (834-785=49).

So in that case our Pick 42 (395 points) would drop 49 points worth of value to come after Pick 45 (347 points).

Cheers guys
And don't feel bad about asking stupid questions, I'm pretty sure this is exactly how St Kilda handled the draft night last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
68BC8309-E785-4D00-BA0C-C788116186D3.gif
God dammit Finn, stop driving up your price. I was hoping we could use our 2nd rounder on someone else

Hodginator

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Essentially, if we're committed to them, we have to use our next pick and lose the equivalent on points to make up the difference. So for example. If we have pick 6 and pick 24, and another club nominates him at pick 15 (1112 points) we have to use 24 (785 points) and our next pick (Pick 42) gets knocked down the difference between Pick 24 and the value of pick 15 with the 25% discount (834-785=49).

So in that case our Pick 42 (395 points) would drop 49 points worth of value to come after Pick 45 (347 points).
529AB3BE-DE83-4ADD-8EE0-D5B56FECD91D.gif

SO we trade pick 24 for 44 and 62 before pick 15 happens, then after we use our pick 42 for Finn, we trade back to pick 24 for 44, 60 and 62. Isn't this what the Swans did?

Back