Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

From an earlier post, playing in under 14s inter league. Good kid, but not a standout at this stage.
I don’t think you’re answering the question you think you are.

Minnesota Wisdom

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2007
Melbourne - South East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
Shaun Burgoynes posted on Instagram today his son Ky B&F and league leading goalkicker.
I wouldn't get our hopes up. It's Div (of 6) in the Under 13s. Sure he may be playing below his ability but there's a bit of water to go under the bridge
c0d7bc17a1826fa0393cc4aa33687803.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I wouldn't get our hopes up. It's Div (of 6) in the Under 13s. Sure he may be playing below his ability but there's a bit of water to go under the bridge
c0d7bc17a1826fa0393cc4aa33687803.jpg

They only have a Div 4 team.

Would be dumbfounded if they didn’t after his season.

26 touches and a goal are the only stats I can find, but knowing him there were probably a handful of tackles in there too.

He's been at the club during the preseason, they were impressed enough with him then - after the season he's had you'd think he would have only improved on that appeal.

Minnesota Wisdom

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2007
Melbourne - South East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
They only have a Div 4 team.
Well aware of that. Just saying that I would not have expected that the quality of his opposition would have been elite for the age group

We see that he's won a B&F and Leading Goalkicker and we're quick talk him up as a Father Son option (see the comments in the IG post). Instead, I just wanted to temper our expectations and let the kid play

Well aware of that. Just saying that I would not have expected that the quality of his opposition would have been elite for the age group

We see that he's won a B&F and Leading Goalkicker and we're quick talk him up as a Father Son option (see the comments in the IG post). Instead, I just wanted to temper our expectations and let the kid play

The guy that I played footy with as a junior who wound up on an AFL list wasn’t specifically elite compared to everyone else. It’s kind of random at a certain point who goes on, like anything, has a lot to do with connections. I have a feeling in his case, his father or grand father had played league footy

Shot of Jaeger

Bleed Brown & Gold
Apr 27, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bugger, I thought he was a certainty to be drafted in 6 or so years time with those under 13s achievements, no way was I just letting BF know of Silk's son's achievements after seeing him mentioned in here. Way to ruin my week.

Back