Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/

#4 Finn Maginness

Maginness was his teams best player playing a great four quarter performance with his work on the inside and workrate around the ground proving unstoppable for the Calder midfielders. The Hawthorn father-son prospect set the tone early winning the hard ball and proving impossible to tackle keeping his feet and firing out handballs, he was too strong to take down and his running too powerful for the Calder midfielders to go with him on the outside. Maginness kicked a classy goal in the first quarter faking his opponent and then kicking the goal on the run, his disposal by foot has never been a strong suit but he was able to hit some good targets especially inside 50. MAginness finished the game with 32 disposals, 5 tackles, 7 inside 50s and a goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
#4 Finn Maginness

Maginness was his teams best player playing a great four quarter performance with his work on the inside and workrate around the ground proving unstoppable for the Calder midfielders. The Hawthorn father-son prospect set the tone early winning the hard ball and proving impossible to tackle keeping his feet and firing out handballs, he was too strong to take down and his running too powerful for the Calder midfielders to go with him on the outside. Maginness kicked a classy goal in the first quarter faking his opponent and then kicking the goal on the run, his disposal by foot has never been a strong suit but he was able to hit some good targets especially inside 50. MAginness finished the game with 32 disposals, 5 tackles, 7 inside 50s and a goal.

Just... Wow!!

#4 Finn Maginness

Just imagine what this kid will learn off of the likes of Tom and Sammy Mitchell. I mean just look at how far Worpel has come under their tutelage.

Just imagine what this kid will learn off of the likes of Tom and Sammy Mitchell. I mean just look at how far Worpel has come under their tutelage.

Finn could well be that tall, big bodied midfielder we've needed for a while in our midfield. In Round 1, of course.
FTFY

He's now probably just a good showing at the draft combine away from working his way into the top 10. Hopefully the club already has a plan in place to upgrade our first pick to avoid having to use it to match for him (ie. use multiple later picks instead and save our first pick for another young gun)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I switched on that game on the weekend for 3 minutes, I saw Finn at a stoppage on the wing walk through two tackles and deliver inside 50.

If I wasn’t already sold that would have done it.

I asked Cal Twomey about Finn on the Road to the Draft podcast, he said Finn had probably exceeded expectations and its fair to assume that Finn's ceiling is higher than people originally thought. Missing the Vic Metro Academy squad initially may have been the making of him. His last month or so he's averaging 24 touches and a goal.

Then, fall asleep during the interviews with interested clubs.
He should also:
  • Check his phone every 20 seconds during his interviews
  • Proceed to scratch his crotch before shaking hands
  • Cough and sneeze without cover his mouth
I can list more but he’s likely get arrested with what I was going to write 😂

He should also:
  • Check his phone every 20 seconds during his interviews
  • Proceed to scratch his crotch before shaking hands
  • Cough and sneeze without cover his mouth
I can list more but he’s likely get arrested with what I was going to write 😂
Essendon would definitely bid, he would play in a pocket next to Stringer

He's now probably just a good showing at the draft combine away from working his way into the top 10. Hopefully the club already has a plan in place to upgrade our first pick to avoid having to use it to match for him (ie. use multiple later picks instead and save our first pick for another young gun)
Yep but problem is several clubs are trying to move up so it's a sellers market at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back