Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Oh well at least they still have Mozzie. Oh and is the rumours true that Dodo wasn’t actually doing a fist pump? I heard that someone in Essendon’s draft room yelled out Mozzie and Dodo preceded to swat rather than fist pump 😂

Username checks out!

Nov 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bit random, but just saw this on LinkedIn

7D76D83F-7536-49FB-BB2F-CE1F2975A27A.png

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Bit random, but just saw this on LinkedIn

View attachment 777578
Good to see that he doing Val's favorite workout..... Squats.
Val would be cheap to set up a gym for squat racks and more squat racks.
Good man is Val has worked with my boy three days a week for the last four years, my boy loves the guy.

Hawthorn holds pick No.11, but have made plain that they will not match a first-round bid before that pick for their father-son Finn Maginness, who is rated later than that choice by the majority of clubs.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
You worded you comment wrong. The article says they will not ma
Can’t imagine that we would tell Niall that, we are very secretive.
Totally agree with this. If and it’s a big if Hawthorn have floated anything to the media then you could 99.999999% guarantee that our guys are playing silly buggers. If for whatever reason someone bids on Finn before pick 11 then we’d be stupid to let the whole world know what our intentions are.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So pick 18 is valued at 985 points

Our pick 30 and 42 are worth 1024 points.

If a club bids on Finn between pick 18 and our pick 30 then we would need to use both our second and third round pick to accumulate enough points?

🤷‍♂️

Platten44

All Australian
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

If a club bids on Finn between pick 18 and our pick 30 then we would need to use both our second and third round pick to accumulate enough points?

🤷‍♂️
985 minus the 20% discount = 788 required. 30 might get pushed back or might not so we would have around 606 so would need to use 162 more points from pick 42 which would throw us a lower pick somewhere

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn

🤷‍♂️
We get a discount on the points but I think the maths still says both picks are required but we get a later pick back.

The second time I’ve read a post like this here. Why would you want any Hawk player to stagnate?
Did you miss Goddard's mid-year claim the Worpel's development had stalled? After which, Worpel blazed away to a best and fairest.

I, too, hope the development of a number of our players "stalls" in the same manner.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yet another article on Finn. It almost like the AFL are pumping him up so Hawthorn will be required to consider matching an earlier than expected bid to draft him. Deja vu with all the pre-draft stories on Mozzie :thumbsdown:.

If there are recruiters out there whose opinions on the draft are being shaped by a fluff piece in mid November, they should be fired immediately.

Relax and enjoy the articles.

If there are recruiters out there whose opinions on the draft are being shaped by a fluff piece in mid November, they should be fired immediately.

Relax and enjoy the articles.
So Dodo and SoS?

Back