Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

A poster who is related to the Langford boys stated on this thread earlier that James is far and away the pick of the litter, a very very good footballer. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the club has quietly asked to concentrate on school footy and stay off the radar of TAC scouts. Having said that I've never seen him play nor have a read any reports so hopefully someone here can help out as we are due some luck with the Father Sons!
Not sure if it was me, the langfords have a very big extended family! Yes far and away is correct. His parents prefer them to focus on schooling in year 12, theyve all blitzed VCE (and Chris is a highly successful businessman), so no this isnt a club directive

Gary Lyon mentioned this morning, that Barry Mitchell, was down at Xavier this year .
I'm sure he would know just how good James Langford could potentially be .

Not sure if it was me, the langfords have a very big extended family! Yes far and away is correct. His parents prefer them to focus on schooling in year 12, theyve all blitzed VCE (and Chris is a highly successful businessman), so no this isnt a club directive
It was a north supporter.

Surely if Ben Jarman can get a rookie spot then Devlin is half a shot.
Jarmans problem was his lack of pace, which doesn't appear to be a problem for Devlin.
Looks like he has some decent guns on him also

Speed not an issue for Brereton, his pre-season testing for speed (over 20 metres) was above average in comparison with other players of his type, while his vertical leap and beep test results were around the average mark (so on par) in comparison to other TAC players of his type. Haven't actually seen him play so can't comment on any of that but athletically he is ok by the looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got an update on Brereton or Langford at all?
Langford named in the best for xavier in round 2. Not in the best in round 3, unless "Langer" is a misprint!

Finn Maginness kicked a couple and named in the best for Scotch a College this week also. (Assuming F Maginness is Finn)

Speed not an issue for Brereton, his pre-season testing for speed (over 20 metres) was above average in comparison with other players of his type, while his vertical leap and beep test results were around the average mark (so on par) in comparison to other TAC players of his type. Haven't actually seen him play so can't comment on any of that but athletically he is ok by the looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently after the strut test he punched the assessor in the mouth until he was given a perfect 10.

He Better not play 100 games for Melbourne
For Melbourne, there would be between 22 and 24 games per year. Take out 3-5 weeks off for injury and suspension, it is likely 19 or less games in a year. That means a sixth year on contract. Possible, but unlikely.

Isnt it funny, ive always thought weve had very little cheap access to talent compared to the likes of Syd, Ess and Geel etc over the years. Our FS prospects have seemingly been undewhelming.

Then all of a sudden theres an article released today about our 10 or so academy kids over the next 3 drafts and names like Langford, Brereton and Maguinness all start to become a reality.

As a previous poster mentioned it couldnt have come at a better time.

Just need a Daniher, Hawkins, Scarlett, Heeney, Mills or an Ablett to pop up!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back