MMA-Other The Fedor Emelianenko Thread

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Okay I was thinking about it. I completely get the WWE talk now. I associated all the stuff that everyone else is calling WWE as trying to be like Pride FC. Then I realised that Pride took a lot from pro-wrestling in Japan.

I like what Bellator is doing because they'd get nowhere without the pro wrestling stuff. Doing what the UFC does would result in them being ignored. They need to differentiate themselves. Coker's doing what he did in Strikeforce and it's going pretty well imo.

Should have probably taken this to the Bellator thread. Anyway back to Fedor.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Okay I was thinking about it. I completely get the WWE talk now. I associated all the stuff that everyone else is calling WWE as trying to be like Pride FC. Then I realised that Pride took a lot from pro-wrestling in Japan.

I like what Bellator is doing because they'd get nowhere without the pro wrestling stuff. Doing what the UFC does would result in them being ignored. They need to differentiate themselves. Coker's doing what he did in Strikeforce and it's going pretty well imo.

Should have probably taken this to the Bellator thread. Anyway back to Fedor.
Reading earlier that Barnett always thought Fedor would go to japan he is like a god over there, has a great relationship and for a first fight it always make sense. after that who know I guess it depends on how he feels how he moves he may slot into bellator he may have a run in the UFC. Slowly I am coming to terms that not everything has to be ufc to be any worth. I use to love the strikeforce cards and when everyone was saying they had only melendez and the women keeping them going look what happened when they did comeover.

I actully am liking the landscape of mma atm

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I didn't want him to return to MMA, but I said I'll watch him fight. If he went to the UFC he would have been rushed into a fight that he probably wasn't ready for after a long time away. Not being in the UFC means there's not much else for him that's worth seeing. Now that I think about it, no fights really interest me for Fedor at this stage. A fight with a 1-0 guy certainly doesn't. A fight with Werdum or other top UFC heavyweights certainly doesn't right now.

I wish he'd stayed retired :(

He's making a lot from this fight apparently, so I can't fault him for jumping at the opportunity.

Back