Rumour The Fev

Remove this Banner Ad

A friend of a friend of a friend of a friend told me.......

Seriously what a load of crap, did he tell you that he probably heard this ridiculous rumour on 3AW's Rumour File this morning???

Haha my wife heard it from my mother-in-law this morning , now i know where it came from, she's 3AW through and through.
I'll confess I checked the Saints forum for the rumour first thing in the morning, but I didnt think it was a good idea to start the thread.:D

so next year if we pick him up itll be
IN:
Fev
Hayes
Gwilt

and steven and armo didnt play in the grand finals

could give it one more crack? :thumbsu:

I like fev but for ****s sake all year we have been banging on about youth youth youth! Siposs will be our man no doubt and from the look of it the players like him. We have Kosi and Nick we need speed and skills to complement them. Not a 30+ slow thinking slow running drug addled risk taker.

Bottom line is, due to him being monumentally maligned, he will take up practically nothing on the salary cap. We sign him to a short-term contract, lose pick 80-odd in the draft and if he stuffs up then out the door

At worst he'll be a handy backup in case Kosi goes down

so next year if we pick him up itll be
IN:
Fev
Hayes
Gwilt

and steven and armo didnt play in the grand finals

could give it one more crack? :thumbsu:

Dont forget we are also getting Clarke, Salopek, Butcher.... Ross is off to Melbourne so we need to find a new coach.... Hope we are actually concentrating on our upcoming finals game cos it seems we are extremely busy off field...... :eek::eek:

Please God yes!

Considering he's gonna need to be asking for not much money if he is serious about getting picked up, I really can not see what we would lose from this. Worst case a bit of money and a s**t draft pick in a shallow draft. We're still in our premiership window but this time it is closing fast. If we don't get back up next year I reckon we'll need at least a few years in the wilderness to regroup and get the kids experience.

Best case he thrives in a winning environment, wins the colemen, takes attention away from riewoldt allowing him to dominate, can use kosi in more of a utility role which breathes new life on his career, we win the premiership.

I was in favour of trading for him a couple of years ago, and now we could get him for nothing!

Bottom line is, due to him being monumentally maligned, he will take up practically nothing on the salary cap. We sign him to a short-term contract, lose pick 80-odd in the draft and if he stuffs up then out the door

At worst he'll be a handy backup in case Kosi goes down

Or allow Riewoldt to be the mobile marking tall we've been crying out for. Also takes a bit of pressure off our depleted ruck stocks with Kosi being freed up more often.

And not even sure you'd have to use pick 80 given the risks.

I'd be OK if the club elected to pass on him, but would like to see some serious consideration of whether his head (as thick as it is) is in the right place.

Hope we are actually concentrating on our upcoming finals game cos it seems we are extremely busy off field...... :eek::eek:

You have to be sniffing around now. Some teams are about to finish their seasons, with players buggering off overseas. That's why we put on list management staff - to let the coaching staff concentrate on the job at hand.

I used to have no time for Fev because of his ultra-low intelligence in general. But it seems to me that he has matured a lot in the past six months.

Out of any club I think the Saints would be the best fit for him. Mainly because there are so many senior players at the club. They would keep him in line and would never let him be a distraction to them.

But the problem I see is the Saints would become the Brendan Fevola Football Club.

There would be so much hype. Especially because he is a full-forward.

Fev being mates with a few of the Saints players might help pull him into line too.

I don't think Fev is a bad guy, actually seems like quite a good bloke but he just makes dumb decisions. There is no doubting his talents though, he is one of the best full forwards in the game and he can be a match winner on his day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, so we have a thread on getting Fev, and we have a thread on getting Carey as our forward line coach?

Petrol is good. Matches are good. But put the two together...

Wait, so we have a thread on getting Fev, and we have a thread on getting Carey as our forward line coach?

Petrol is good. Matches are good. But put the two together...

And you'll find every single WAG will refuse to go near the club or respond to correspondence on behalf of it. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back