The Final 6 (The Next Five part 2 (The Next Four part 3))

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
We unexpectedly went 4-0 in the Next Four thread. We went 2-3 in the Next Five thread with a decimated forward line. How are we shaping up for the Final Six:
  1. Bulldogs H
  2. Norf A
  3. Freo H
  4. Port A
  5. Melbourne H
  6. Brisbane A
I'm tipping 4-2 with one loss to either North or Port, plus a banana skin loss in one of the other 4 games.

Tips? Ava tit

We unexpectedly went 4-0 in the Next Four thread. We went 2-3 in the Next Five thread with a decimated forward line. How are we shaping up for the Final Six:
  1. Bulldogs H
  2. Norf A
  3. Freo H
  4. Port A
  5. Melbourne H
  6. Brisbane A
I'm tipping 4-2 with one loss to either North or Port, plus a banana skin loss in one of the other 4 games.

Tips? Ava tit
Can see us winning all six, with 4 being a somewhat disappointing pass mark.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

5-1
Only one loss to North Port or Melbourne. I think we are going deep in September. Adelaide Oval is no dramas. If Brisbane can win in Tassie I can't see why we can't. Melbourne have lost too many big games to back them at Optus. Collingwood and GWS have stronger midfields than them arguably. The lid is close to being off.

5-1
Only one loss to North Port or Melbourne. I think we are going deep in September. Adelaide Oval is no dramas. If Brisbane can win in Tassie I can't see why we can't. Melbourne have lost too many big games to back them at Optus. Collingwood and GWS have stronger midfields than them arguably. The lid is close to being off.
It would have blown completely off if not for the loss of the dreadlocked one. (it hurts just to say his name)

Bulldogs: Injured and vulnerable. Rain helps them heaps I feel. We should win this tho.
North: Will be hard mainly due to Tassie factor, have this as a loss.
Fremantle: Derbies are tough. Would be handy if Fyfe is still out. 50/50, but honestly should be a win if we're serious this year.
Port Adelaide: Leaning towards a loss but our form in Adelaide vs Port has been good, and they have been average. 50/50
Melbourne: First time for the dees at Optus but their best is scary. They beat us in Perth last year. 50/50
Brisbane: Had this as a win, but their recent form has been terrific, if they play like that 50/50. Otherwise we should beat a tired Lions team.

My guess is 4-2 or 3-3. 3 wins should be enough for top 4. 4 wins should be enough for second.

1. Bulldogs H O.9 WIN
  2. Norf A 0.4 LOSS
  3. Freo H 0.8 WIN
  4. Port A 0.7 WIN
  5. Melbourne H 0.7 WIN
  6. Brisbane A 0.7 WIN
4.2 wins

So I'm thinking between 4 and 5 wins.

Top 4 very likely. Top 2 probable

I’d go:

Dogs 0.8
North 0.5
Dockers 0.8
Port 0.4
Melbourne 0.7
Brisbane 0.7

3.9 wins. I think 4 is easily the most likely outcome.

Will 4 get us top 2? It will unless port swans or pies win all their games, or if any of them win 4 and overtake our percentage. Or unless the dees win all 6 of their games.

What’s 5% at the end of the year? Around 100 points. So good chance that we will stay above them.

So win 4 and I’d say top 2 is pretty likely. Winning only 3 though could put top 4 at risk.

I'm going 4-2 and agree with OP, will prob lose one of North and Port (North being most likely) and will drop an unexpected one somewhere. The Derby may be harder than expected as Fyfe and Sandi will be back and Freo have nothing left to play for this year. Should win Melbourne at home but they could cause an upset (like their close win last year).

I reckon 4 wins gets us second, 5 or 6 may even get us first (Tigers likely to drop some unexpected games too). 3-3 is top 4.

Two things are key for us:
top 2
and tigers finishing outside top 2

As good as we played this week, playing tigers at the G is another thing all together.

5-1
The lid was off in April in my home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5-1
We lost nic nat it depends how the players react?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gee that Essendon game really threw a spanner in the works didn't it?

We would be sitting pretty comfortably right about now. We are going to have to be pretty good from here on out.

Dogs (W) - Improved a lot but we should be able to outlast them
North (W) - I'm bullish about this game. Think we can tighten the screws in a congested, messy type game. Think it will be similar to the earlier GWS win at Spotless.
Freo (W) - Derbies are tough, helps that it's our home game too. If we're serious enough then we should win.
Port (L) - Had a lot of flukey victories against Port lately, reckon we drop this one. Port have been much better at home this year
Dees (L) - Can just see Gawn dominating this game, dees win this
Lions (W) - Nervous game this one. Should finish off the H&A season with a win and much needed week off heading into finals

4-2 and I really hope it's enough for Top 2

4 and 2 for me
Roos in Tassie will be tough, Port wont be easy at Adelaide either,
Melbourne here I'm more confident about.
the other 3 if we cant win them we don't really deserve a top 4 spot

Listed as 3-4 weeks in their injury report this week and the derby being in three weeks, hopefully for our sake he still needs a week to recover.
Let's hope their season is well and truly cooked by then so he doesn't try and rush back.

The hardest one is clearly North Melbourne. They are actually a good team playing good football. Will be a real test.

I had my doubts about Port before last weekend. The game against Freo was a really bad loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back