The Final 6 (The Next Five part 2 (The Next Four part 3))

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone full bottle on how the tribunal works?

As I understand it you can't use previous cases as precedent, OK fair enough, but can you cross-examine witnesses? I'm just thinking the Eagles' QC missed a trick by not examining details of the medical report; in that it whether the jaw was broken (media sensationalism) or fractured. Whether the break/fracture could have been caused by the teeth moving. Whether or not it takes less force to dislodge teeth than break a jaw. Whether or not there is likely to be more blood due to teeth being dislodged.

Even if that's not the case where was the breakdown that shows that if Gaff was aiming for the chest how impossible it is to change direction after noticing the chest has not moved...

TBH I think it was a pretty rubbish showing from the Eagles' legal counsel, and now Gaff has a bigger suspension than a thug whose aim was to knock out his opponnent, and equal to that of another thug whose complete aim was to elbow his opponent in the head. Ergo, Gaff is now a thug.

I feel like Grace has lost his edge a bit. I'm pretty sure he misspoke at the last tribunal as well iirc.

I feel like Grace has lost his edge a bit. I'm pretty sure he misspoke at the last tribunal as well iirc.
Post NicNat, there's been several dangerous tackles that have resulted in a fine only. He's got a job to do that's as valuable as the medical/rehab/training staff in making sure the team's best players are available each weekend, and by the markers this season, he's failed. I'm not saying he had a chance to get Gaff off, but getting him the worst suspension this century is not a great result.

You can add to that the poor media performance by the rest of the Eagles PR team. Who gave Nisbett the golf story? There's a lack of influence or skill in being able to slow down the media train, the Eagles lost hold of it, and I'm sure a club with our resources can do better. The AFL treats us like dirt and it's bullshit as fans that we have to put up with it.

Post NicNat, there's been several dangerous tackles that have resulted in a fine only. He's got a job to do that's as valuable as the medical/rehab/training staff in making sure the team's best players are available each weekend, and by the markers this season, he's failed. I'm not saying he had a chance to get Gaff off, but getting him the worst suspension this century is not a great result.

You can add to that the poor media performance by the rest of the Eagles PR team. Who gave Nisbett the golf story? There's a lack of influence or skill in being able to slow down the media train, the Eagles lost hold of it, and I'm sure a club with our resources can do better. The AFL treats us like dirt and it's bullshit as fans that we have to put up with it.
Don’t think it really mattered what Grace came up with, they had a number in their head before they walked in. All the media forced their hand a little too which makes it all the more frustrating. Shouldn’t be coverage on any tribunal decision until after the hearing has happened..

Well with last night's events the equation is simple - win one of our last two and top 2 is guaranteed.

I think both are danger games but I am quietly confident we can dispose of both Melbourne and Brisbane. We might be missing three key players but most importantly we have the coach, the game plan and the belief. Would make things a lot easier if Kennedy was to return though...

Well with last night's events the equation is simple - win one of our last two and top 2 is guaranteed.

I think both are danger games but I am quietly confident we can dispose of both Melbourne and Brisbane. We might be missing three key players but most importantly we have the coach, the game plan and the belief. Would make things a lot easier if Kennedy was to return though...
I am not sure how many games Kennedy has left in him tbh. Would rather he didn't play until finals.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Well we now officially have a home final. Can't finish lower than 6, and really 5 did to Sydney's percentage.

But equation is simple. Win 1 we upgrade that to 2 home finals / double chance week 1.

I actually think Melbourne is a better chance for a win than Brisbane - but with finals on the line, the Dees are sure to come out firing.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I actually think Melbourne is a better chance for a win than Brisbane - but with finals on the line, the Dees are sure to come out firing.

That sure worked out for them last year.

It's looking more than likely that we'll host GWS in Week One. That will be tricky. I'd prefer they finish fourth and have a crack at Richmond.

It's looking more than likely that we'll host GWS in Week One. That will be tricky. I'd prefer they finish fourth and have a crack at Richmond.
Yep

All comes down to Mel v GWS at the G

So lock in GWS

I think Collingwood would be our preferred opponent in Week One, given their injuries. That would require GWS to lose to Sydney or Melbourne on the run home.
Sydney could be that loss, but I don’t think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood vs Port Adelaide
GWS vs Sydney

Melbourne vs GWS
Hawthorn vs Sydney

These games will go a long way to determining the structure of the 8.

Final 2 games
GWS - Sydney, Melbourne
Hawks - St Kilda, Sydney
Collingwood - Port Adeliade, Fremantle
Sydney - GWS, Hawthorn

Don't think anyone below that can realistically make the 4.

Can see Melbourne really pushing us. They have been good on the road this year (s**t against good sides though).

But Gawn looked like he was firing on 3 cylinders today. Definitely struggling with a calf issue. Wonder how he’ll pull up.

Granted Sydney have gotten very good at sharking opposition taps given Sinclair often loses the hitout

^ Hawthorn is the team I'd want to avoid. Just like Brisbane in their era, their intensity goes up in September. Mitchell, O'Meara, Breust, Gunston, Roughead, Puopolo, Shiels, Burgoyne and Smith will be dangerous in September.

Collingwood on the other hand I reckon will struggle with experience.

In order of who I'd prefer to play
Collingwood
GWS (provided they don't get all their players back anytime soon)
Sydney
Hawthorn

I think our best chance is for one of those in-form teams like GWS or Hawthorn to upset Richmond at the MCG in Week 1. Then if we play the Tigers, it will hopefully be in a PF in Perth, not at the MCG in the GF. Our best-case scenario would be for the Pies to limp into third place, making them a relatively easy kill for us. Then GWS in 4th and Hawthorn in 5th. Or vice versa.

Mitch Cleary‏Verified account @cleary_mitch 2m2 minutes ago
Jesse Hogan has headed in for scans on his injured foot. Hopeful it's nothing too serious but will learn more this afternoon. Scans also for Jayden Hunt on his ankle. More soon @AFLcomau

He’s gone for the season. It’s really just a matter of who can be the least injured team this year. Atm there’s only one team I injured and it’s bloody Richmond...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s gone for the season. It’s really just a matter of who can be the least injured team this year. Atm there’s only one team I injured and it’s bloody Richmond...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. They went into last years finals series in the same condition. Helps when you play the vast majority of your games in your home state. It is what it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back