Game Day The final Masterpiece - AFL Grand Final 2017 - Adelaide v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a weird feeling. It still doesn't quite feel real to me. Its been a very different Grand Final week actually being in it for a change. I was nervous all week leading up to both previous finals, but this week I've been remarkably calm.

I have full confidence in our team to get the job done. I can sense their determination and steely resolve which will see us lift the cup. I've been saying all week we'd win by 4-6 goals.

Its in my name. Crows by 28.

If we can pull it off, this will surely go down as one of the best masterpieces of the modern era.
Come on Crows, a few more (brush) strokes to go!
Fans to unite and settle all differences and send'em positive vibes, get excited Crows fans!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck boys. Take it up to them early and dont let up. You all have an opportunity to write your own history today. Remember team first and enjoy it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nice thread title!

Well... I've been visiting your happy (and sometimes not so happy!) home for quite a while now and been contributing (mainly to THE great thread - Non Crows Discussion). I've got to 'know' the names and read and engage. What a great group of people. All of you deserve this. You deserve to see the ultimate success.

Your club deserves it. It is a fantastic club. What a special group of players. It was evident in the week following that awful event just over 2 years ago. The Crows travelled to Perth to play my club (WCE). Such an odd feeling before the game. I hoped for a WCE win of course, but not a demolition or even a thriller, just a win and for the Crows to get through the game and back into the season. After the first three goals to us, things were looking ominous. But then the response. 6 goals, all of which (from my recall) the result of skilled, fast ball movement, fierce attack and desire. In that moment, to turn around a match in the face of such adversity was IMO inspiring. Yes the AFC lost the game, but what followed (top eight finish and winning an away final) was truly great. A special group of players.

This has been a long time coming, your club isn't a one season wonder. A methodical build, fantastic recruiting, drafting and player development. Despite whatever setbacks, your club stands strong.

It's time now. 11 years to the day of my club winning Premiership Number 3 (yikes, time flies :eek:), its now time for the AFC to achieve Number 3. Get the job done! Best wishes to you all. Go Crows :heart:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back