Game Day The final Masterpiece - AFL Grand Final 2017 - Adelaide v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Out coached and outplayed. Out umpired. It sucks, and some might say it's a little bit of Karma (for how we carried on after Dangerfield lost). In the end Richmond wanted it much much more. Hope this hurts the boys. Hope it burns like hell. They failed to get the job done. It's that simple.

We will be back. You really think the way we performed all year was a fluke? There are absolutely no grounds to think our premiership window is closed. None at all. This ‘this will hurt our club forever’ is bullshittery of the finest.

Premiership window probably still open, but this was our best chance for awhile.

Out coached and outplayed. Out umpired. It sucks, and some might say it's a little bit of Karma (for how we carried on after Dangerfield lost). In the end Richmond wanted it much much more. Hope this hurts the boys. Hope it burns like hell. They failed to get the job done. It's that simple.
How we carried on after Danger lost? Should we puke now?

that was a damning report from the Richmond rooms
I wanted to believe we'd come out after the half and be one again. Then in the third quarter they took an uncontested mark inside 50 and I saw Brown going absolutely off at someone. From there, clear we weren't on the same page and there was no hope.

With a few minor exceptions, the umpiring was actually quite reasonable in my opinion, despite the reactions on BF.

We never got into the corridor and bombed away to get inside 50s giving our forwards little chance - 3 of the first 4 goals we got were opportunistic rather than the result of a well executed game plan. There were plenty of times the bounce of the ball just seemed to favour Richmond - when we needed a bit of luck, the footy gods did not smile upon us.

I honestly think it is time we put the whole "do it for Phil" thing behind us. No one disrespected Phil today, and it's time we stopped saddling our players with that stuff, but there were a lot of disappointments today without question.

It has been a great ride being a Crows fan in 2017, and I can see no reason in 2018 we can't be around the mark again.

We will be back. You really think the way we performed all year was a fluke? There are absolutely no grounds to think our premiership window is closed. None at all. This ‘this will hurt our club forever’ is bullshittery of the finest.
Could probably take that quote from the Freo board circa 2013 too.

We might come back bigger and better from this. We also might not. Thinking we'll be around the mark next year just because we were this year is how you end up sliding down the ladder.

For everyone talking about flag windows etc - means nothing if you don't take it. Look at West Coast 2015.

:( Yep, that's the worry... What is needed now is a clinical, hard review of the game, season and list. You can't just *hope* to go one better. It seems to have happened at WC. I don't want the same to happen to you guys...

Could probably take that quote from the Freo board circa 2013 too.

We might come back bigger and better from this. We also might not. Thinking we'll be around the mark next year just because we were this year is how you end up sliding down the ladder.
No you couldn’t, Freo we’re almost cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will not make a Gf next year.

We have used up all of the Walsh factor and we just s**t on the legacy.
Yep what a pus performance. Rot may set in from this.

I thought Douglas fumbled far more than Brad, but I'd love to seeBrad back himself a bit than always handball first.

Why was Dougie favoured ahead of Brad at the opening stoppage? It was as stupid a decision as Scott's the week before. Open fire with your best brutes, Brad is ours. Not that we didn't start ok, but it made as much sense as playing Otten.

the entire talking footy panel changed their tips from the crows to the tigers, after having alistair clarkson on as a guest.

AC spent the entire week with hardwick and it had his finger prints all over it.

i could not sleep last night due to this. we are just too naive and complacent.

this was not about umpires, or even the players. it was about coaching, tactics and respecting your opponent.

Wait wut -? Clarco helped Hardwick all week ?!?!?????

Thanks for being respectful. I wish my port supporting family were more like you.
Cos we live in Melbourne, are still south Australian, barrack for the redbacks and Adelaide united, and are in parties all over Melbourne with people all screaming for Victoria right now.

When you leave the small s**t stain that is Adelaide, the port v crows thing is quite pathetic.

Is that a fair reason?
I promise not all VIC's went for Richmond today

My commiserations to you guys - i had sincerely hoped for a different result.

Anyway, don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Just a few list changes and you're there. With the Couch brothers, Sloane and many more, you have the makings of a really good team - you finished minor premiers after all, but were unlucky enough to have met a better team on the day..

we got off to a flyer, first 2 goals. The boys rocked up. as the game wore on, the tigers got the ascendancy, which would point to an emphatic tactical, selection and coaching win for Richmond.

little signs such as jacobs carelessly knocking the ball out deliberately, our outside players ball watching, it was deja vu like the mid season slump we had.

I was so confident we had what it took and addressed our issues.
This is what I found so hard to accept. Last week we put the pressure on, we ran in numbers and backed each other up. So many times 3 tigers and 1 crow would be contesting and you could see our runners watching. Ugh !

Wait wut -? Clarco helped Hardwick all week ?!?!?????

they are best friends, and spent alot of time during the finals bouncing things off him. dont you think that we lost in the exact same manner as against Geelong and Hawks earlier in the year?

do you think thats an accident? Did you see around the contest, sometimes the tigers would just shadow us instead of taking possession, and when we took the pill, they pounced on us instantaneously.

Luke Hodge called it. 5 goals to the tigers.

which makes it a 123 point turn around since round 6 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back