Game Day The final Masterpiece - AFL Grand Final 2017 - Adelaide v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

The hour long train ride home helped somewhat change the mood from death and lifelessness to somewhat able to look beyond the result. Hurts like *. Well done Richmond, can't dispute that. Our usual passengers were saving their tickets for today unfortunately and Richmond were all over us. What can you do I guess. TBH I'd rather feel like like I do now than like I did an hour ago. Life goes on, always next year (puke!).

I had family play for port. Make no mistake, I hurt when we lose to you mob. I mean REALLY hurt losing to lose. I remember EVERY loss to you guys. Context. You only need 3 years here to snap out of that world view. Trust me, come round1. I'll be hating you again, but if you live in Melbourne the sickening pro Victorian bias well overwhelms the "hate" for Adelaide. I've been here 20 years. Gets no better. Really unusual. I'm in a party with 2o people, no Richmond fans but the decebil metre was off the chart. It's no anti Adelaide, it's Victorian parochialism. And all rights to them.

Port Adelaide fans should Recognose that in a grand final. But the anti sanfl Max basheer Leigh wicker bullshit is deep I guess

I get it. The feelings are mutual .... But I know how much a gf loss hurts and Id keep my "happiness" to myself, I'm not one to stir up s...t on social media.

I want to be angry, but I can't be bothered. I'm so disappointed that we didn't give a yelp ... not one.

Tex did less than nothing, looked like the stage got to him. I wanted to see a response, something physical - it's a GF - do something.

We just ebbed away to a slow death.

Really surprised with the lack of changes to our method, it's been something we have been good at over the year - and yet at half time we came out and tried to keep doing what wasn't working? Strange.

I'm sure that come next week we will have some hope back, but right now I'm feeling completely spent for all the wrong reasons.

Stay safe everyone ...

Disagree . Smith would have given us rebound off half back. His kicking is elite. MgGovern would have given us a forward target. No other forwards stood up. If you can’t see that then I can’t help you.

then that flies in the face of our next man up mantra, and proves that our structures and patterns and style, does not even need the tenacity of the level Richmond produced today to crumble, but merely the ever present key man risk.

then that flies in the face of our next man up mantra, and proves that our structures and patterns and style, does not even need the tenacity of the level Richmond produced today to crumble, but merely the ever present key man risk.
Take dusty and Rance out of Richmond. Do you think they win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I promise not all VIC's went for Richmond today

My commiserations to you guys - i had sincerely hoped for a different result.

Anyway, don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Just a few list changes and you're there. With the Couch brothers, Sloane and many more, you have the makings of a really good team - you finished minor premiers after all, but were unlucky enough to have met a better team on the day..
Its surprising how many people in victoria jumped off richmond this week due to all the blanket media coverage

honestly? based on today? yes.

play someone even like a hartigan in that role and you can expose Otten. Hartigan is quite fast off the mark and strong. just needs to catch up, hold, scrag and spoil and wait for the backup to come.

Dusty's influence, though he got the norm smith, i felt Bachar Houli and Rance had a bigger influence when the tactical arm wrestle was being fought.

They are very reliant on 2-3 players however we were very poor today

Their challenge is if they lose a Dusty or a Rance next year they could do anWB and drop quickly

Winners are grinners and with a flag banked losing ground next year would be the furthest thing on their mind

The harsh reality is someone has to lose in a grand final. This time it was us. At least we made it. Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong have all lost grand finals in the last 10 years. Im disappointed we lost and I give no credit to Richmond for that, i get how Carey says he feels about the 1998 gf. We made the big dance at least.

Disagree . Smith would have given us rebound off half back. His kicking is elite. MgGovern would have given us a forward target. No other forwards stood up. If you can’t see that then I can’t help you.

We really missed Smith's drive off half back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back