Play Nice The Final Quarter/Australian Dream

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone.

The Final Quarter is being shown tonight at 7:30pm on ch10/win.

For those unaware, the film uses only archival footage aired at the time to paint a picture of the treatment of one of our club's greatest ever footballers, Adam Goodes, in the closing stages of his career.

Racial discrimination is the main theme and, as the website (https://thefinalquarterfilm.com.au) states:

"The film holds a mirror to Australia and is an opportunity to reconsider what happened on and off the football field."

Based on my experience & understanding of the events surronding this I suspect there will differing opinions & often increased emotion.

I implore you all to treat each other & the issues at hand with respect. Any sign of trolling or otherwise will be met with zero tolerance.

I look forward to seeing the varying opinions regarding the documentary & hopefully respectful, intelligent debate where opinions differ.

Not sure if I'm ready to watch this as the memories of that time are still too raw but I hope this at least changes the views of a percentage of the population regardless how small that percentage is.
Watch it mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not often something on TV these days moves me. Was pretty much brought to tears about how my idol when I was growing up was treated in his final years of footy. I feel so sad about how he was booed in his final game against North Melbourne in that semi final in 2015. People can be so cruel. I hope this documentary helps change people’s attitudes and realised pack mentality behaviour like what we witnessed is completely unacceptable and affects others.
Love my swans family and was watching this documentary was probably one of the most emotional nights I’ve had as a supporter.

Gary Lyon clearly a flog even though they kept saying but understand those are not your feelings Gary.
Miranda Divines name popped up a few times.
Hang your heads in shame
How good was Sam Newman.
Standing ovation for Sammy the showman.
Wait. . . . . . That was an act like the other skits on that crap show right? No way anyone could be that backward yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back