Play Nice The Final Quarter/Australian Dream

Remove this Banner Ad

4 years ago today Adam booed by the WCE at Subi. My FB memory illustrated how pissed off I was at the time.

Eddie, Sam, Bolt, Derm, Lyon, Jones, Gillon, Thatfatprick & co will be famous!
Why do you think AFL have been flailing madly lately.
Why do you think Hawthorn put their players in #37 in their warm up against us?
All scrambling madly to mitigate the upcoming storm.
Let it rain, baby. Let it rain.

4 years ago today Adam booed by the WCE at Subi. My FB memory illustrated how pi**ed off I was at the time.

My clear recollection (which may actually be wrong actually) is that Jetta stood up for him in that game and I remember being really upset about it and so proud of Jetta.

Ironic that he now plays for west coast.

Thats not a criticism btw - I will always stand with players on having choice of club and against restrictions on their ability to go to the club of their choice.

I don't think Seven allowing their production house (the producer of all the finals) to be involved in a joint trial is a conflict of interest.

I think McGuires company is. What next a Kennet company to train umps? Clarkos consulting to contact for assessing rules of the game? Some mob connected to Essendon FC to control drug testing?

I think McGuires company is. What next a Kennet company to train umps? Clarkos consulting to contact for assessing rules of the game? Some mob connected to Essendon FC to control drug testing?

McGuire's company produces Seven's AFL's coverage, thats whats being used for the bunker trial as Seven is the sole producer of the finals. Your extremely late to this concern

My clear recollection (which may actually be wrong actually) is that Jetta stood up for him in that game and I remember being really upset about it and so proud of Jetta.

Ironic that he now plays for west coast.

Thats not a criticism btw - I will always stand with players on having choice of club and against restrictions on their ability to go to the club of their choice.
You are correct MH. The post game interview with Godes and Jetta is in the Final Quarter doco.

McGuire's company produces Seven's AFL's coverage, thats whats being used for the bunker trial as Seven is the sole producer of the finals. Your extremely late to this concern
Better late than never. McGuire is of dubious character. It is poor form for the AFL or its broadcaster to pot a centime in the man's pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a heads up that tix are going for the premier of The Australian Dream.

I've got mine for the 19th August at The Capri in Adelaide. If you were interested in The Final Quarter then this may also be of interest to you.

Adam Goodes has said the booing saga that overshadowed the final years of his AFL career turned the football field into a place he hated.
Football, for me, was a place where I got accepted for being a good footballer," Goodes said in the documentary.
"It didn't matter where I came from, it was a safe place that helped me break down barriers."
"People would say, 'Oh, you're just a big sook.' But let me put you in that situation. Let me question you about who you are as a person.
"It's fun, and a laugh for you … you can boo me and feel happy about yourself because you're part of the crowd that did that. But deep down there were people in that crowd booing me because of my Aboriginality."

GotTheGoodesssseats....

View attachment 730164

Looking forward to this.
Amazing.

To describe it, it's The Final Quarter but in traditional documentary format.

With all the main characters & other influentual people providing their stories/insight... from the likes of Adam, Winmar, MickeyO, McAdam, Eddie McGuire, Bolt (yes, Bolt gets a look in), Buckley, Roos, Horse, Goodesys mum (Lisa) & brother (Brett) & a major emphasis on Stan Grant...

Much more familiar in terms of it's format & structure but no less powerful.

If you took something out of TFQ then this is a perfect addition to that. It provides additional context & rounds it all out in the words of those involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back