Shield The Final: Western Australia vs Victoria, WACA, 31st March to 4th April, 1 PM AEDT (Midday Day 5)

Will WA complete the treble?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WA have been the best in all three formats and have proven it in each final. When the game was there to be won (or drawn, in this case), they were better.

We've had a crack, and making the final with this young side was above expectations. Perry and Sutherland are possible future test bowlers, very impressive pair. I look forward to hopefully a full year next year.

WA have been the best in all three formats and have proven it in each final. When the game was there to be won (or drawn, in this case), they were better.

We've had a crack, and making the final with this young side was above expectations. Perry and Sutherland are possible future test bowlers, very impressive pair. I look forward to hopefully a full year next year.

Correct,game over.Well played WA.

Why did Victoria appear to give up after tea? Pretty much bowled Merlo, Holland & Short for the first hour. The lead at tea was only 290 & the ball was only 20 overs old. They completely took the pressure of the batsman, especially Hardie & let him get going. WA didn’t look like getting a wicket but once we got 1 we cleaned the VIC tail up for minimum runs so why weren’t Vic thinking the same way?

Surely you come out after tea with your best bowlers and give them one last crack. By the time they came back on WA had taken the lead up to 350 so the game is pretty much gone anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

90 overs in a day mate. 86 after this Boland over.

Cricinfo again leading me wrong

1649038444530.png

I use that over CA's piece of s**t website because Cricinfo puts the score in your tab
1649038521614.png

After four fascinating days of attritional cricket at its best looks as tho the final will now end in a tame draw. A shame. Yet it will be WA's first title since '99.

I have said it before this innings. Aaron Hardie will play Test cricket. Appears we now have two exceptional all rounders in the Keith Miller mould.

Last edited:
Back