Shield The Final: Western Australia vs Victoria, WACA, 31st March to 4th April, 1 PM AEDT (Midday Day 5)

Will WA complete the treble?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Well done Lads !!!!! its been so long

Credit to Voges I have been a critic for years reason being I felt all the talent of this era going to waste...but not today

Big bash Marsh Cup the shield .......the treble fantastic achievement by Voges and CO with COVID travel lockdowns away from home just an awesome effort by WA Cricket

stoked :):):)

Wce17

Team Captain
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
I think the best thing about the win is that Marsh didn’t have a great game with the bat but we had other players stand up. Not worried about the batting now when Marsh does decide to retire.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
Congrats WA champions in all formats this season. Sam Whiteman MOM. Could really have shared that honor with Aaron Hardie. Both outstanding. Player of the Year was shared tho, between Henry Hunt and Travis Dean.

SOS Marsh did not announce his retirement. Expected him to.

Last edited:
Australian Cricket relies on six teams producing hardened players capable of playing Test Cricket. But as we all know the Shield is more than that.

It is great WA has rejoined the Shield party. Maybe next season the Jellybacks will find some gelatin and make and maybe win a Final.

We need all States fit and firing to keep this as a primo Comp.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Have been talking up Sam Whiteman for some time. Now he has shown the world that he is the real deal and probably Test material. He faced a mammoth 338 balls over multiple hours and did not offer a solitary chance. That is some feat of concentration. I dont believe he has left his run for a Baggy Green too late either as some are saying.

Last edited:
Have been talking up Sam Whiteman for some time. Now he has showed the world that he is the real deal and definitely Test material. He faced a mammoth 338 balls over multiple hours and did not offer a solitary chance. That is some feat of concentration.

Unfortunately probably missed the boat with Street, Hunt and Ward coming through. Such an unfortunate thing with him, his keeping was elite

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Unfortunately probably missed the boat with Street, Hunt and Ward coming through. Such an unfortunate thing with him, his keeping was elite

I would have Whiteman up there with those 3 and what they all do in the early shield games next season could decide who could make the next step as an Australian opener if there is a vacancy.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Betting Aaron Hardie felt peeved when the umps pulled the plug some 30 runs shy of his first Shield double hundred. Hardie has the tools to develop into one of Australia's few genuine all rounders.. ala Cameron Green and decades earlier Keith Miller.
Whiteman up there with those 3
What Sam offers that the other three dont is.. experience. He is a seasoned campaigner and still in his batting prime. He'd have a settling affect on say a Henry Hunt who is only in his third year of state cricket.

Last edited:
I would have Whiteman up there with those 3 and what they all do in the early shield games next season could decide who could make the next step as an Australian opener if there is a vacancy.

Just can’t see them going that route. Khawaja is there to guide the younger openers for a few years

I am suggesting Warner,s spot might be the one for a new opener.

That’s why you go a younger option than Whiteman. I agree with you Warner goes first for one of the three young openers in Hunt/Street or Ward.

I hope you never complained about the Pakistan pitches during the tests which were a minefield compared to the WACA.

No one to blame but you boys for this one, had the chance to get the bonus point with the asking rate and wickets in hand well within your grasp and rather baffingly they chose to drop anchor instead of chasing it. Get the bonus point and you would have forced WA to chase a result.

Dumb cricket from Handscomb and his team

No one to blame but you boys for this one, had the chance to get the bonus point with the asking rate and wickets in hand well within your grasp and rather baffingly they chose to drop anchor instead of chasing it. Get the bonus point and you would have forced WA to chase a result.

Dumb cricket from Handscomb and his team
Or, you were simply the better team.

Back