Unofficial Preview The Finals - Melbourne v Geelong - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

The door opened with a creak.

The room stank. It had the mustiness of time, left alone for years.

Coughing, I walked in slowly.

The room was an echo of years past. Newspaper headlines, photographs. The names drew the eye. Barassi, Flower, Stynes.

An old film camera sat in the centre. I pressed play and it flickered, came to life. Black and white images, men in dark jumpers with a lighter yoke.

Under the light from the camera, I saw the glint of silver.

Twelve cups in a line. They were old, but they were clear.

I turned on the lights. The fluros flicked on. The colours were clear.

The paint was red and blue. The team was Melbourne.

It's time. It is our time.

Dees by 34.

The room was an echo of years past. Newspaper headlines, photographs. The names drew the eye. Barassi, Flower, Stynes.

An old film camera sat in the centre. I pressed play and it flickered, came to life. Black and white images, men in dark jumpers with a lighter yoke.

Dees by 34.
Dees by 34 with 25 minutes to go...

Let’s just hope you guys don’t wear that god awful guernsey in two weeks, yuck!!!
Yeah, I wish we could trot out in something like this:
upload_2018-8-26_18-45-0.jpeg

Good luck lads, if Geelong has to lose to anyone the Dees are certainly the most palatable for me.

That won't happen though, Cats by 4 after the siren following a Max Gawn turnover.

I believe third time lucky, but it won't require luck.
It seems to me there is a Doggies 16 sniff to Demons 18.
Would be a popular and timely win if we are to go down to your men.

Good luck lads, if Geelong has to lose to anyone the Dees are certainly the most palatable for me.

That won't happen though, Cats by 4 after the siren following a Max Gawn turnover.
If we lose for a third time to the cats this year in such fashion we wont have to worry about the rest of the finals series as I plan to set the world on fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that when Jeff Whites teeth got kicked in?

Good times.
Sure was..... The irony was that you blokes beat us in an after the siren game a few weeks earlier ( egan missed ).... I hope the roles aren't reversed!!

Sure was..... The irony was that you blokes beat us in an after the siren game a few weeks earlier ( egan missed ).... I hope the roles aren't reversed!!
We virtually played 3 elimination finals leading up to that 05 elimination. We were 9-3 by round 12 and we then lost 7 in a row to be 9-10 so it took breaking a 17 year drought against geelong at kardinia park, come back win against the dogs and a hard fought win over the bombers. We were done by the actual finals. In a way it worked out, we probably would have been thumped by Sydney but instead the footy world got one of the greatest finals moments in afl history (even Geelong supporters can appreciated in retrospect) Nick Davis turning it on in the last quarter. In fact everything involving sydney that finals series was brilliant. Anyway I'm glad my teams back in finals should be a cracking game. I still think we are still a few years off but you never know.

God I hope we can beat Geelong
Perfect final first up considering our previous meetings this year

Dees by 1 point

Joel+Selwood+Jack+Viney+AFL+Rd+12+Geelong+EKcDDGI9ZL0l.jpg

Dees by 34.
Tingles up my spine.

Can't believe we have to wait two weeks for this!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back