NRL The Finals Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayne is a loser!!!

He obviously thought he was playing for the 49ers again at the start of the second half.
Receiving the ball from the kickoff and bang FUMBLE!!!!

I watched the game when I got up this morning (was watching AFL last night) - I totally agree that the Titans got bent over last night.

I didn't have a problem with the penalty try, but I disagreed with pretty much every other contentious call. Disgusting refereeing, it makes me quite nervous going into tonight given a Raiders win probably results in the Raiders hosting a final in Sydney in front of under 20,000 people, and given the lack of Sydney teams alive.

Penrith either had to play the game at ANZ (Dogs home stadium) or at the SFS (an hour from Penrith).

Did Penrith choose which of the two?

It will get comfortably more people than Penrith Stadium's 22,000 capacity.

it makes me quite nervous going into tonight given a Raiders win probably results in the Raiders hosting a final in Sydney in front of under 20,000 people

Surely the NRL isn't dumb enough to do that.

We were already probably 1 try behind where we should've been given our dominance - letting them score on the stroke of half time really isn't ideal!

Surely the NRL isn't dumb enough to do that.

Yeah, they've been saying for a month that Canberra isn't one of the "approved grounds" for Preliminary finals based on the fact that it's not big enough.

Apparently Greenberg didn't realise before this week reaffirming that Canberra would "host" a prelim in Sydney that Canberra Stadium only has 2k fewer seats than Melbourne's ground, and it has more seats than North Queenslands ground :rolleyes:

FAAAAAARK!

That looked like a broken ankle for Hodgson. We can't win the premiership without him.

Peak Raiders losing both Austin and Hodgson to friendly fire in the space of 3 weeks :'(

Yeah, they've been saying for a month that Canberra isn't one of the "approved grounds" for Preliminary finals based on the fact that it's not big enough.

Apparently Greenberg didn't realise before this week reaffirming that Canberra would "host" a prelim in Sydney that Canberra Stadium only has 2k fewer seats than Melbourne's ground, and it has more seats than North Queenslands ground :rolleyes:

Looks like the NRL's commitment won't be tested this year. Shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win, don't like the Raiders but I think no12 is now my favourite player, what a tool! :D

Bad news for the NRL media, the bad boys get through to the Prelim and the fairy tale story, everyone's favourite side loses, can't wait to see what scandals they try to create over the next 2 weeks now...

* this weekend. Between my AFL and NRL teams we've gone 18 of 19 over the last 10 weeks.

How the * did both teams lose!

You could see that result coming a mile off. The try before half time along with the Hodgson injury were the 2 big turning points/momentum shifts.

Looks like the NRL's commitment won't be tested this year. Shame.

I bloody knew that a month of whinging about the preliminary final locations would see the Raiders slapped down by the karma gods.

If there's a silver lining... and I have to really, really, ******* really want to see it... if we win next week, I should get to watch the Raiders in the prelim. (Although having said that, watch the Storm bottle it tonight.)

Great game we just saw. I'm a little filthy I had to go to Phillip island this weekend. I would love to be at AMII tonight.

I'd be filthy any time I had to go to Phillip Island. I've spent 2 visits there living in constant fear that my car was going to blow away.

How good have the pre-game hype videos been on Fox Sports? That "dreams come true" one gives me goosebumps.

If I weren't so upset and angry about the Raiders game, I'd have a really cutting hot take about the current smoke-filled scenes at AAMI Park and the ridiculous hyperbole around football crowds and flares.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back