NRL The Finals Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Well... I guess at the end of a shitty weekend is the knowledge that if we win next week, I'll get to see us live in the preliminary final.

I had considered traveling interstate to watch a final, but this is probably better. There's no point going to Canberra next weekend - if we win I'll get to see us the week after anyway, and if we lose I'll wish I hadn't spent the money!

This way I can save the money, I can hopefully watch us in Melbourne in 2 weeks, and I'll still have the money free IF (a massive, massive IF!) we make the GF and I want to try and go to Sydney for it.

(And of course, the real upshot to all this? I don't have to go back to Canberra so soon after I left the shithole! I'm really not ready to go back yet, I had a rough time in Canberra.)

----

I guess I'm recovering from the Raiders loss a lot more than the Eagles one. These 50/50 matches, or even these matches where you're a slight favourite but aren't that confident, are so much better than boilovers like the one at Subiaco on Thursday. I hadn't even begun to prepare myself for the Eagles to lose cos I didn't really consider it a possibility.

I didn't make that mistake tonight. The Sharks won 15 in a row, so at least they gave me a chance to prepare myself for the heartbreak.

Well... I guess at the end of a shitty weekend is the knowledge that if we win next week, I'll get to see us live in the preliminary final.

I had considered traveling interstate to watch a final, but this is probably better. There's no point going to Canberra next weekend - if we win I'll get to see us the week after anyway, and if we lose I'll wish I hadn't spent the money!

This way I can save the money, I can hopefully watch us in Melbourne in 2 weeks, and I'll still have the money free IF (a massive, massive IF!) we make the GF and I want to try and go to Sydney for it.

(And of course, the real upshot to all this? I don't have to go back to Canberra so soon after I left the shithole! I'm really not ready to go back yet, I had a rough time in Canberra.)

----

I guess I'm recovering from the Raiders loss a lot more than the Eagles one. These 50/50 matches, or even these matches where you're a slight favourite but aren't that confident, are so much better than boilovers like the one at Subiaco on Thursday. I hadn't even begun to prepare myself for the Eagles to lose cos I didn't really consider it a possibility.

I didn't make that mistake tonight. The Sharks won 15 in a row, so at least they gave me a chance to prepare myself for the heartbreak.
Horror weekend pal,At worst you would of thought 1 win out of the 2.i love both codes and at least the storm gave me something to cheer tonight unlike the kangas.

----

You'll win next week regardless of who you play. I'll be barracking for whoever wins Storm-Raiders in the GF.
I have a GF ticket if you need it and we lose the prelim.

I hope the Bulldogs dock Hopoate's pay when he doesn't play on Sundays.

I can understand - although not agree with, nor probably respect - not wanting to work Sundays. But you're an elite sportsperson being paid 100s of 1000s of dollars a year, and you've got the rest of the week - not to mention the whole summer - to piss people off with unsolicited knocks on the door to tell them what sinful, godless people they are.

More than that, you're letting you're team mates off. Surely part of elite team sports is the illusion that outside your family, your team mates are the most important thing in your life. I wonder how his Bulldogs team mates feel about him deciding that his cult (which is what Mormonism is) is more important than their collective success.

I hope they lose by a point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t. From a footy perspective I hoped that Penrith would win. As they've shown today they're immensely fun to watch.

But it's only just occurred to me that now the Raiders have to beat them :eek:

It'll be nothing if not a lot of fun next Saturday. The Raiders and Panthers are comfortably the best 2 teams to watch in the league.

:(
Oh well. I didn't expect us to make finals this year so we exceeded my expectations. But sitting in the top 4 a few weeks ago makes it difficult to stomach at the same time.

Go Sharkies.

Very good performance by the Panthers, but FFS can we please have the Raiders v Panthers game played in Canberra next weekend instead of a stadium miles and miles from both sides homes.

I'm pretty sure it is, isn't it?

It was only a prelim that the Raiders weren't allowed to host.

Did Penrith choose which of the two?

It will get comfortably more people than Penrith Stadium's 22,000 capacity.
It got 22,631 people there yesterday.

So it was still a stupid decision really. They rightfully allow Canberra to play in Canberra (where the capacity is a couple thousand more than Penrith) and Melbourne play at AAMI despite it holding not that much more than Penrith.

NRL must be disappointed with some of the crowd figures (outside of the Canberra sellout).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back